The Worst 2013 California Proposed Anti-gun/2A bills being reviewed

This is a discussion on The Worst 2013 California Proposed Anti-gun/2A bills being reviewed within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was given this by an NRA representative at the LAX parking lot ammo sale. Front page. Back side...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Worst 2013 California Proposed Anti-gun/2A bills being reviewed

I was given this by an NRA representative at the LAX parking lot ammo sale.

Front page.

Back side

oh, i'm SO glad i left California!!!!

good luck to all 2nd Amendment supporters who still live there.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    oh, i'm SO glad i left California!!!!

good luck to all 2nd Amendment supporters who still live there.
    All I have is Nevada or Arizona if I choose to leave lol.

California is truly a disgusting state. How the people in charge of that state look themselves in the mirror without recoiling in disgust is a mystery to me.
    Mjr_Fail and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    I was given this by an NRA representative at the LAX parking lot ammo sale. (CA Assembly bills by anti-gunners.)
    That makes my blood boil and head hurt.

I have a hard time imagining that an upright, sentient biped could explain a coherent rationale behind such a collection of infringements of liberty, as to purpose and legitimacy. (Certainly few of the Assembly folk from CA.)

California: Beautiful land; great people outside the two primary "blue" hot spots (even many from inside those zones); but with politics and sense of Constitutional honor fouled up six ways from Sunday.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sounds to me like the Cali state flag needs to be changed to reflect the old Russian or China flag.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Sounds to me like the Cali state flag needs to be changed to reflect the old Russian or China flag.
    The way things have been going the last 25+ years and more (lived there myself, for a number of years), something like this would be a more accurate representation (particularly since grizzlies have been elsewhere for quite awhile now). The proposed CA Roadkill state flag ...

CAflag2.PNG

That just grinds my gears. They just dont know when to quit.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    It is truly disgusting how far they are going.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Glad I left back in 2001.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Yee (D) SB-108 Firearms: Lending and residential storage. FIREARMS LENDING/STORAGE RESTRICTIONS
    This bill requires every person to have their firearms locked in CA DOJ safe or firearm safety storage device if you are not home and no lending it to a person in your home while you're not there. It will be a crime.
    SCOTUS in Heller found unconstitutional a ban on a firearm ready to shoot in the home.

Let's bring the CA legislature back on topic. SCOTUS has to "test the constitutionality" of the “proper cause” requirement (self-defense in general doesn't count) for a license to carry. Since SCOTUS rejected its hearing of Kachalsky, et al. v. Cacace; Moore v. Madigan (resulting in the affirmation by the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to let stand a judicial panel's ruling that IL has to have a CCW system for law-abiding citizens) is maybe the next most-likely candidate case for the SCOTUS to hear regarding this issue. Perhaps more realistically is that SCOTUS may defer to states, especially in this political environment. But that would leave open some legal questions that SCOTUS is there to settle. I think that SCOTUS' hearing the issue of shall issue for general self defense is Californians' only hope to fulfillment of the US Constitution.

And it looks like we're going to have a worse than worthless legislature, except for their propensity to unintended consequences characteristic of worthless (or worse) politicians like Mayor Rahm Emmanuel who is doing us a favor by appealing to SCOTUS the circuit court's decision (as he seeks to defy the ruling to cease the ban on public carry). Their folly may be our best fortune.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    As a native of California, it makes me ill to see how far down the rabbit hole it has gone.

I left six years ago and it was crazy then. Now the inmates have total control of the asylum and anarchy will be the next level of insanity.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Looks like CA is looking to make laws that make CT and NY look reasonable.
    Manderinobyebye likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Let's bring the CA legislature back on topic. SCOTUS has to "test the constitutionality" of the “proper cause” requirement (self-defense in general doesn't count) for a license to carry.
    Yes, they do need to cover that question. And IMO the mere idea that self-defense in general "doesn't count" as a legitimate cause for being armed is ludicrous in the extreme. I can't imagine any fewer than 98% of people who do carry daily do so for exactly that reason, to improve the odds if the odds turn sour on them that day. To decide otherwise is the epitome of arrogant, arbitrary tyranny in action ... and it must be struck down as utterly unconstitutional (which, IMO, such arbitrariness absolutely is). If nothing else, it's practical implementation has proven beyond a shadow of any doubt that it's one of the most-effective tools of anti-gunners nearly everywhere it has been in the statutes, dictating, essentially, who lives and who dies in situations where a person has been debarred the use of arms to protect himself and his family.

I think that SCOTUS' hearing the issue of shall issue for general self defense is Californians' only hope to fulfillment of the US Constitution.
    I agree. Same for the District of Columbia citizens, as well. And New York City, and everywhere else there's this arbitrary "standard" (aka, movable goal posts).

And it looks like we're going to have a worse than worthless legislature, except for their propensity to unintended consequences characteristic of worthless (or worse) politicians like Mayor Rahm Emmanuel who is doing us a favor by appealing to SCOTUS the circuit court's decision (as he seeks to defy the ruling to cease the ban on public carry). Their folly may be our best fortune.
    One can only hope their own stupidity and arrogance buries them all ... once and for all.

Though, with the terrible track record that SCOTUS has on doing right by the liberties, in recent years, it's all a crap shoot. They could continue to allow the eviscerations just as they have the past 30 years. Their waffling on key aspects in the Heller and McDonald cases, both, don't bode well for that.

VIP Member
    To clarify, I agree that general self defense is a valid reason for "may issue" states and anywhere else to issue because a stricter requirement is a definite infringement and breaking of the natural right to self defense which 2A protects. That's clear to me from recent decisions. With the facts and the quality of minds on our side, I am more optimistic than you about presentation before the court. It's sure up in the air with SCOTUS, but I anticipate a 2A-confirming opinion within the next couple of years that will strike down a lot of useless fluff in opposition in this country.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links