Speaker Boehner working behind the scene for gun control?

This is a discussion on Speaker Boehner working behind the scene for gun control? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, I saw an alert today on Facebook from the National Association for Gun Rights claiming that Speaker Boehner is working behind the scenes to ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Speaker Boehner working behind the scene for gun control?

So, I saw an alert today on Facebook from the National Association for Gun Rights claiming that
    Speaker Boehner is working behind the scenes to move new federal gun control laws forward.

Might be a good idea to flood his office with emails, letters, and phone calls.

If true, its time to clean house. These idiots need to know who is there boss...2014 can not get here quick enough...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    What's wrong with you? Do you want to hurt his feelings and make him start crying again!!
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Here's the original article the fb post is referencing: House GOP lawmaker: We are not backing away on gun bill - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

It's not quite as dire as might be suggested, but certainly indicates the need to continue to communicate with our elected representatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    What's wrong with you? Do you want to hurt his feelings and make him start crying again!!
    Sure, why not. If he is going to be a RINO, then he deserves to have his feelings hurt.
    dV8r, Bad Bob and ErnieNWillis like this.

A prime example of how we can't just assume an (R) next to their name means they can be trusted to stand with us on anything. The pressure has to stay on, and people like him need to no longer be returned to power. As long as we continue to send wishy-washy yahoos like that to Washington this fight is going to go on, with us on the defensive. It's time to start turning it around and pay attention to who we nominate, and vote on.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    A prime example of how we can't just assume an (R) next to their name means they can be trusted to stand with us on anything. The pressure has to stay on, and people like him need to no longer be returned to power. As long as we continue to send wishy-washy yahoos like that to Washington this fight is going to go on, with us on the defensive. It's time to start turning it around and pay attention to who we nominate, and vote on.
    That would require common sense. Most voters don't have that.

Hodad I do want to hurt his feelings and step on his toes a bit then get him into a slot on Dr. Phil and adj. his meds.

OBoehner, Obummer, Manchin and Toomey...

The cadre of turncoats is driving me looney.

Under the radar, behind the scenes...
    Nothing like transparency has ever been.

Liars and politicians...
    Indistinguishable as identical twins.

From cynic to poet.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2014 KABAMM!!!! and Obama would have a miserable lame last 2. My hope is we can get past this 15 year cloud. When this country does turn around it's going to explode with a financial boom. It's trying to come to life even with these idiots smothering it. I am so sick of these corrupt ********. But like the title of the book "death of outrage" our people are so worn down and exhausted from the BS it's hard to put on the good fight year after year. At some point we need to be able to stop working and fighting and live a little bit. I'm not sure how I will act if the democrats and liberals are not defeated and the sorry ass republican losers are not all flushed out of there for some fresh blood.

From the article:

"We are trying to improve the system to keep people who are barred under the law from owning firearms, from getting access to them. We don't think the things that were proposed in the Senate do that. So we have not backed away from trying to figure out how to improve that, but we've made no decisions yet about what to do," Goodlatte explained.

So Bob Goodlatte is talking for John Boehner and basically says a whole lot of nothing. Paraphrasing "We don't like what they did, even though they didn't do it, so we haven't backed away from figuring it out, but we've got nothing."

Sounds like he is going around his elbow to get to his rear so that politically they can say "We didn't kill gun control, the Senate did."
    Pistology and Kilowatt3 like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Boehner is only slightly better than Pelosi. What a spineless weasel. He has "Politician" written all over his face. Never liked him. He has no spine and only plays little footsy games with Obama and the dems instead of hammering them.

Washington is a bunch of weaklings having the worlds most expensive pillow fight in history.
    GeorgiaShooter and Sister like this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by jkurtz7 View Post
    So, I saw an alert today on Facebook from the National Association for Gun Rights claiming that
    Speaker Boehner is working behind the scenes to move new federal gun control laws forward.

Might be a good idea to flood his office with emails, letters, and phone calls.
    Probably to protect his sacred highway bills to get more government money flowing into his state. Look up worthless in the dictionary and the first definition is "John Boehner", followed by his picture.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

When politicians try to convince us that they are going to do something clever and sophisticated with an issue their constituents abhor, we should all grab our ankles and brace ourselves! When they tell us it is for the common good.......it is already too late to grab our ankles!

As long as Americans keep voting for parties instead of candidates, nothing is going to change. I was in the Senate gallery a couple of years ago to see the vote for Sec. of Defense (Penetta) and I felt dirty when I left. These guys act like they are mortal enemies when the media is around, but they're really more like old rich farts hanging out at the country club, slapping each other on the backs and yuckin' it up! These so-called parties are more alike than many realize!
    Sister, Snub44 and Pistology like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links