Debate Of 3D Printed guns On Bill Maher

This is a discussion on Debate Of 3D Printed guns On Bill Maher within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two things I found interesting about this debate. I won't be seeing the Star Drekk movie in the theaters. (Tired of giving looney Lbtards my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Debate Of 3D Printed guns On Bill Maher

Debate Of 3D Printed guns On Bill Maher

Two things I found interesting about this debate. I won't be seeing the Star Drekk movie in the theaters. (Tired of giving looney Lbtards my money) and that Libertarians are considered ANARCHISTS? (at least from this Moonbat) I can imagine how she views the Tea Party. Progress I guess is in the Eye Of The Beholder. If it involved some un true science involved in "CLIMATE CHANGE", Bill would have been all over it. Frankly I'd like to actually see what would be down the road for this process.

2. Remove Ads

In my mind there should be no debate on this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Too bad he can't institute a debate/discussion with people that might actually know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Too bad he can't institute a debate/discussion with people that might actually know what they're talking about.
    That would never happen on this show. My wife used to really admire Bill M for standing up to the gov't for all kinds of ridiculous behavior, but since he's started to rant on & on about how the gun laws need to be stricter, she's been very frustrated & angry with him. The few times I've seen him "discuss" gun control/2nd Amendment stuff, it's always been with guests who know NOTHING about either guns or the 2nd Amendment.

he's a comedian... nothing more. Shame he takes himself too seriously sometimes. I sure don't.

If you listen again... and carefully... there are only two people in that debate that are against the printed gun, or for more gun control... the woman from MSNBC and Bill.

The actor from trek said we need to hold people responsible for their actions... for letting 5 year old kids get ahold of guns and killing their 2 year old sisters.

The writer from National Review explained that you must punish people after the fact, that pulling down the plans was an infringement on rights and where does it stop.

The columnist from the Review also explained that we have to decide where our freedoms end... and the very high cost of stopping things like this... and where does it stop and how much are you willing to spend to stop it...

And lastly, "spock" pointed out that the weapon did require a metal piece in order to fire... so not "invisible" to airport screeners...

meh... nothing to see here... a Non-debate... typical handwringing from the MSNBC liberal, and Maher. And it's funny that the "actor" knew more about actual 3D printing than anyone else... printing with human cells... been done... human hearts, well arteries, been done... and they pretty much all thought he was talking about the movie.. he wasn't.
    cn262 likes this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

I just hope Wayne Brady does kick his rear end...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Bill Maher, Steven Colbert, Jon Stewert... I could probably get more factual and less biased info from National Enquirer.
    accessbob likes this.

At least the last 2 dont take themselves seriously...
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus222 View Post
    Bill Maher, Steven Colbert, Jon Stewert... I could probably get more factual and less biased info from National Enquirer.
    I saw the video last night, and correct me if I am wrong, but Bill Maher did not say anything that was factually incorrect (or at least nothing major that you would expect from any journalist these days LOL).

His views and philosophy are what we disagree with. As far as the biased info.......please do tell where you can find this magical place of journilism that has no spin or bias?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

They didn't discuss the topic, it was more of the same regurgitated anti-gun talking points. Cody Wilson made this gun in the open. He doesn't have special powers, other people could (and may have already) designed this gun without anybody knowing about it. Its a reality.

By the way, Its not a Star Trek movie if you can switch out the uniforms and realistically call it GI Joe III with nobody knowing the difference.

Drivel I heard:
    Bill - sneak past security, slipped and admitted he actually thinks you can stop people from doing things that are illegal, NRA promoting insurrection, not understanding the actual purpose of the 2nd Amend, democrats and liberals are not the ones doing this [killing children],

MSNBC - everything

Actor - people giving guns to 5 yr olds to kill other kids, we have to be responsible for each other, communicating that having a metal part in the gun, essential for firing it, is irrelevant wrt getting it into restricted areas.

Columists - people using arms to protect themselves from the gov't is a crazy, dangerous, and disturbing fantasy.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Well, first, the parents didn't give the gun to the 5 yo, it was his older brother's that got left out. Second, the "myth" of us revolting against tyrany being rediculous, is utterly rediculous! Just ask the Afgahns, or anyone who fought in Vietnam, or some of the Russian territories about guerrilla warfare, and resisting against superior technology. It can be done, you just have to have enough people willing to make the sacrifice and live the lifestyle.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Well, first, the parents didn't give the gun to the 5 yo, it was his older brother's that got left out. Second, the "myth" of us revolting against tyrany being rediculous, is utterly rediculous! Just ask the Afgahns, or anyone who fought in Vietnam, or some of the Russian territories about guerrilla warfare, and resisting against superior technology. It can be done, you just have to have enough people willing to make the sacrifice and live the lifestyle.
    Off topic...did they change the story? If this is the tragedy in KY it was reported it was a gun given to the five year old as a gift.

Anyway, the point is still the same...parental supervision and at no times should firearms be accessed by kids without adult supervision....loaded or not
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    How old was the older brother that left it out..?

You don't think parenting has any place in that discussion?

So, I'm your neighbor... My 16 year old leaves his marlin .22 out and my 5 year old takes it off the bed, coffee table, whatever... walks over to your house and because your wife wouldn't bake him cookies... he shoots her dead. No problemo right? Certainly ain't my responsibility... It wasn't my gun.. it was my teenage son's. Sorry 'bout your wife.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links