Question for North/East US people

This is a discussion on Question for North/East US people within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi, Growing up here in the Carolinas a gun in the corner was as normal as a broom in the corner of the room. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Question for North/East US people

Distinguished Member

Hi,
    Growing up here in the Carolinas a gun in the corner was as normal as a broom in the corner of the room. I meet folks from up North just about every day (living in a beach tourist trap). I hear them fuss about the laws and politicians in their states, esp the folks from NY & NJ.

My question: How is it legal for the politicians to keep you from having a gun, or making it so hard on you when it's your 2nd amendment right? I really don't get it, law is law and to me the Northern politicians are breaking the law.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    I have been wondering this for years . In the state of Maryland you need a reason to carry ( own a company with cash ) and you only wear the weapon while preforming the duties (bank) Most other states you don't need a reason other then the most important reason to protect family or yourself. I just dont get the part-time carry thing.

They make laws. If you do not like them. They smile and say " sue us if you dont like it " most do not have the time or the money to sue the government, so they take it.
    OldVet likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

You haven't figured it out yet? Folks vote for what is in it for them....usually for other things like the economy and other social issues. I have brought this up before. My niece is a gun toting lesbian. She would love to vote for pro 2A people. Unfortunatley most pro 2A conservatives disagree with her lifestyle to certain degrees. Being what she is ..is 100 percent of her. Carrying a gun is a small part of her. Who do you think she will vote for?

Hunters would rather vote for a politician that will help them financially even if it hurts CC'ers.

A host of other reasons. But honestly, to the middle of the road voter with a family that is living pay check to paycheck.....2A is on the bottom or close to the bottom of the list to vote for a politician.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    They make laws. If you do not like them. They smile and say " sue us if you dont like it " most do not have the time or the money to sue the government, so they take it.
    This would be the State, not the government, right?! What if you did it anyway, I'm sure it would probably be easy to get a lawyer and get the GOA and/or NRA to back you up and fight this. The GOA states that they help provide lawyers to fight for your rights. Can't y'all band together, march with your guns (empty) and make a statement. Not trying to stir the pot (well maybe I am) but it just seems so unfair, I see some really sad faces about your rights being in-your-face taken away. Proof in the pudding is that the states that have carry laws have less crime.

My redneck self would have already contacted the GOA, and the ACLJ too!

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

It's bewildering certaily..

best I can offer is a quote from George Carlin:

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."

and mine, too.

Keep them nanny state laws out east and out west... when the Icebergs melt, NY will be underwater... and when the next big one hits Cali, it'll fall into the ocean... God's own genocide of idiots... maybe Lake Michigan will swell to the south and take out Chicago, too.. The rest of us may live in peace.
    mg27 and blitzburgh like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    This would be the State, not the government, right?! What if you did it anyway, I'm sure it would probably be easy to get a lawyer and get the GOA and/or NRA to back you up and fight this. The GOA states that they help provide lawyers to fight for your rights. Can't y'all band together, march with your guns (empty) and make a statement. Not trying to stir the pot (well maybe I am) but it just seems so unfair, I see some really sad faces about your rights being in-your-face taken away. Proof in the pudding is that the states that have carry laws have less crime.

The state government. Yes. It takes money to take on a local government let alone the state. The feds are worse yet.. It is a real up hill climb to get something like the New your safe act repealed....Thats how they get away with it...

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    You haven't figured it out yet? Folks vote for what is in it for them....usually for other things like the economy and other social issues. I have brought this up before. My niece is a gun toting lesbian. She would love to vote for pro 2A people. Unfortunatley most pro 2A conservatives disagree with her lifestyle to certain degrees.....
    Hunters would rather vote for a politician that will help them financially even if it hurts CC'ers.

A host of other reasons. But honestly, to the middle of the road voter with a family that is living pay check to paycheck.....2A is on the bottom or close to the bottom of the list to vote for a politician.

Hey Jack, we got gays and hunters here too, so what, as long as I can't see it from my front porch I don't give a puppies butt ~ but there are more families than them?! Why lay down and let the few make the rules for the many? Put a fire under it and get your rights back!
    Warrior1256 likes this.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    The state government. Yes. It takes money to take on a local government let alone the state. The feds are worse yet.. It is a real up hill climb to get something like the New your safe act repealed....Thats how they get away with it...
    Again, contact the GOA! I think a good lawyer would love to take this on, esp with everything going on now (IRS, Benghazi, AB snooping) the time couldn't be better!

Friend, climb that wall.....respectively, the folks up there need to grow some!

~ Jesus ~

Hey Jack, we got gays and hunters here too, so what, as long as I can't see it from my front porch I don't give a puppies butt ~ but there are more families than them?! Why lay down and let the few make the rules for the many? Put a fire under it and get your rights back!
    Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
    and my name is not Jack.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

Again, contact the GOA! I think a good lawyer would love to take this on, esp with everything going on now (IRS, Benghazi, AB snooping) the time couldn't be better!

Friend, climb that wall.....respectively, the folks up there need to grow some!
    I think you have an overly simple view of the situation.

Suntzu said Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
    and my name is not Jack.
    Either way, we still love ya, JACK LMAO.....
    multistage likes this.

VIP Member
    ...The simple fact is the majority of people vote for their wallet, not for their rights...
    Altered slightly to better illustrate the problem, IMO.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Altered slightly to better illustrate the problem, IMO.
    I normally do not like people to alter my posts......but this time you did a good job
    TX expat and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

To sue, you would need standing. That would mean getting arrested in most cases. Who is willing to lose their job and all that entails (home, cars....) to make a politcal point? Not many.

Distinguished Member
    Excuse me? You wanted an answer and I gave you one. Sorry if you didn't like it. The simple fact is the majority of people vote with their wallet, not with their gun. So, we are most likely in the minority. Don't know what your attitude is ...
    and my name is not Jack.

Didn't mean to offend and kinda confused since under your avatar says Texas and I don't think that is North East? Was just trying to get a point across and kept getting what seemed to me as excuses. You jest don't see the sad faces I see here from the nawthern folks, my heart goes out to them.

And yeah, you don't look like a "Jack", more like a Darnell maybe?

~ Jesus ~

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links