Why we can't trust the gov't with gun control legislation

This is a discussion on Why we can't trust the gov't with gun control legislation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everyone is already aware of the misinformation the gov't offered about Benghazi, the AP issue, and the IRS targeting conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Why we can't trust the gov't with gun control legislation

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

Everyone is already aware of the misinformation the gov't offered about Benghazi, the AP issue, and the IRS targeting conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. However, there is also emerging news about the IRS possibly illegally obtaining medical records of 10 million Americans in March 2011 (see Forbes article below). THIS is why we cannot trust the government with universal background checks and possibly universal gun registration. These medical records that were allegedly seized illegally contain personal (HIPPA protected) information including psychological records that could be used to deny LTC permits.

With the recent news, we must redouble our efforts to protect our 2A rights and our personal information against unlawful seizure as protected by the 4A. We live in dangerous times my friends.

Suit Alleges IRS Improperly Seized 60 Million Personal Medical Records - Forbes
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Well...with a wee bit of luck they didn't get mine.

I hope someone sues those turkeys. Or throws them in prison.
    GlockHawk17 likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VIP Member
    I hope we can get some "prettier" people in the gub'ment in the next elections ~ must bet the water up there or something, most look good when they get there but dang.....

Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

The IRS and the Govt is already getting access to most medical records.... all Dr's were required to change their systems to be computerized and tied into the "network" required by Obamacare.

With Obamacare, your medical records are no longer "private" ... what-so-ever.
    BugDude likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Well...with a wee bit of luck they didn't get mine.

I hope someone sues those turkeys. Or throws them in prison.
    Where I'm from, turkeys go into the deep fryer.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    NONAME762 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

It'll be interesting to see where this goes. If as claimed (I haven't seen the full complaint), it should lead to some severe treatment of the offending hirelings and higher-ups who authorized these methods.
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It'll be interesting to see where this goes. If as claimed (I haven't seen the full complaint), it should lead to some severe treatment of the offending hirelings and higher-ups who authorized these methods.
    Hopefully, but probable only a few scapegoats will be fired and / or jailed. As usual you and I will never know the truth about the entire story.

Because the clowns that write up these laws don't know a slide from a frame.

Just remember, the entity paying for your medical care is authorized to view your medical information to ensure coverage, medical necessity, etc. Under govt run/regulated/rationed healthcare ALL of your medical information is at the Govt fingertips. Why do you think they required all Doctors and Hospitals to go to the Electronic Health Record??? It's not really about healthCARE reform, but healthCOST reform. Whatever else they do with that information is just gravy to them.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Thumbs down Why we can't trust the gov't with gun control legislation

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Everyone is already aware of the misinformation the gov't offered about Benghazi, the AP issue, and the IRS targeting conservative groups applying for tax-exempt status. However, there is also emerging news about the IRS possibly illegally obtaining medical records of 10 million Americans in March 2011 (see Forbes article below). THIS is why we cannot trust the government with universal background checks and possibly universal gun registration. These medical records that were allegedly seized illegally contain personal (HIPPA protected) information including psychological records that could be used to deny LTC permits.

With the recent news, we must redouble our efforts to protect our 2A rights and our personal information against unlawful seizure as protected by the 4A. We live in dangerous times my friends.

Suit Alleges IRS Improperly Seized 60 Million Personal Medical Records - Forbes
    It is PAST the point where we cannot trust this government with ANYTHING!
    Not even with keeping the its own branches honest.
    BugDude and Ghost1958 like this.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    There's no way,i would ever trust anyone,who wants expanded background checks,period.

That said,i didn't trust Dictator Obama,before,any of the current scandals.Forget Getting an honest answer from Holder,that's a joke.
    Dan060 and Warrior1256 like this.

Anyone who trusts the US Govt with anything needs to re-familiarize themselves with the plight of the Native Americans.

Uh oh...I guess this means I'll be targeted by the IRS? Labelled a Patriot and droned???
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    The one's wanting the gun legislation,like the expanded back ground checks,are the antis,who evidently don't understand the 2a.Well,don't care,may be a better way to put it.

These other things going on,isn't helping a bit.I think the word trust,is way gone,with most anyway.

Bambam got all bent out of shape about IRS and heads are on the chopping block because of hold up on tax status and no body is above the law yet the family of a Border Patrol Officer has not had anything done about Holder and guns going south, why is not Holder on the block ????

'Cause it's about control. And with unfettered control it'll get out of control. Pretty much guaranteed.

Which is why I'm so adamant about having absolute "brick" walls between agencies, between areas of government (think: need to know). It's also why I'm so adamant about having extremely severe "teeth" in the statutes clearly indicating under what limited circumstances any such information is obtainable and steep criminal and financial penalties for abuse of such information. Practically no situation I've ever seen adequately protects against such abuse, IMO. (By design, if you ask me.)
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links