The antis continue the fight, near D.C.

This is a discussion on The antis continue the fight, near D.C. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Fairfax, VA Story here: http://m.fairfaxtimes.com/fairfaxtim...tguid=T5LZGkbg Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The antis continue the fight, near D.C.

Fairfax, VA

Story here: http://m.fairfaxtimes.com/fairfaxtim...tguid=T5LZGkbg

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Another "anti"...blah, blah, blah...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Never finished reading the article. Don't care to spend my time reading quotes from the ignorant and uninformed.

This fight is no where near over ,they are just warming up.
    And with all the other stuff going on Obama will need something to redirect peoples attention

VIP Member
    I lived in that area for years before we moved to WV. It's uber Liberal, wealthy and filled with self satisfied people.

This made me laugh out loud though:

Fairfax resident Jim Lynch identified himself as conservative, independent and Libertarian, but also a strong advocate of gun regulation. “I do not see the second amendment as an absolute right,” he said. “The right to life is the ultimate right.”

Yeah Jim..."the right to life is the ultimate right"...too bad most of the NOVA area doesn't agree.

More laws for the law abiding.
    sensei2 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

100 people? LOL! I wonder if the local media covered it as "what if you held a rally and nobody came?" LOL! Good ones people, keep it up, all 100 of you!
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    100 people? LOL! I wonder if the local media covered it as "what if you held a rally and nobody came?" LOL! Good ones people, keep it up, all 100 of you!
    Here's the important part...

100 people showed up to talk about gun control at a forum in the city. They talked about it rationally, and calmly, if emotionally. The press covered it, and made it sound reasonable and sane.

At pro gun rallies, more than 100 show up, there's a lot of yelling, and sloganeering, and guns on hips and slung on shoulders (where legal). The press covers that too, but they edit out most of the calm and reasonable speakers... And cover the chants of "cold, dead hands" and show all the big bellied rednecks wearing cargo pants or shorts, slogan t shirts that won't cover the aforementioned bellies, and make all of us look like extras in the movie Deliverance .

And that, folks is what makes us look like the lunatic fringe.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    wdbailey likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

That was an incredibly one sided article.

That's typical Northern VA politics though. As the Leviathan that is D.C. grows, it spills over into Virginia and corrupts her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    That was an incredibly one sided article.

That's typical Northern VA politics though. As the Leviathan that is D.C. grows, it spills over into Virginia and corrupts her.
    Corrupted... A long time ago. I've long said VA should split again. North VA, South VA, East and West VA(sorry WVA we need our name back). Either that or we just relinquish FFX and every county up to 3 counties in from the coast and let DC annex them. FFX for sure is already lost. There's no coming back from that one. Winning FFX back is like dropping the lone ranger in the mid-east and expecting all terrorists to just give up and run away.
    Tzadik likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

i don't know Virginia (though i've visited McLean), but i do know California and Washington State. outside of the major urban centers like Seattle-Tacoma, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego, attitudes towards firearms are much more sensible. (dare i say they/we have more 'common sense'?). unfortunately, those areas have enough voting citizens to often push their gun-grabbing agendas on the rest of the state. secession or separation sounds like a wonderful idea. i just don't see any way to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    local residents and national gun control groups who both say they are frustrated
    Not frustrated enough as far as I'm concerned.

Recently, I have begun to repeatedly wonder about something. On one side of this issue the people have guns, on the the other they have words. What exactly is the threat now?

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    local residents and national gun control groups who both say they are frustrated
    Not frustrated enough as far as I'm concerned.

Recently, I have begun to repeatedly wonder about something. On one side of this issue the people have guns, on the the other they have words. What exactly is the threat now?
    I know, right? I mean the article is making it sound like both sides of the debate are frustrated...

It's only one side that's frustrated... The gun grabbers.

But on a state to state level we are losing, heavily in some areas, while gaining in others. And our side, as you said, has the guns...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

WOW, now we are up to 50% are buying guns without a background check....
    84160 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    i don't know Virginia (though i've visited McLean), but i do know California and Washington State. outside of the major urban centers like Seattle-Tacoma, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego, attitudes towards firearms are much more sensible. (dare i say they/we have more 'common sense'?). unfortunately, those areas have enough voting citizens to often push their gun-grabbing agendas on the rest of the state. secession or separation sounds like a wonderful idea. i just don't see any way to make it happen.
    Heh... McLean is in occupied territory.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I would love to know where that 50% came from.... will to bet that have no proof
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gerry
    Ft Collins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links