States In Which I Will Never Be Legal To Carry In

This is a discussion on States In Which I Will Never Be Legal To Carry In within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just added them all up, and they contain fully one-third of the population of the entire nation. That is a lot of infringement....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: States In Which I Will Never Be Legal To Carry In

VIP Member

I just added them all up, and they contain fully one-third of the population of the entire nation. That is a lot of infringement.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Interesting.....Look at the last election map. You'll see mostly red, with all of the populated areas blue. The Dems knew where to get the votes and they got them. If your stats are accurate, it looks like the same may be true for gun control.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jackson85746 View Post
    Interesting.....Look at the last election map. You'll see mostly red, with all of the populated areas blue. The Dems knew where to get the votes and they got them. If your stats are accurate, it looks like the same may be true for gun control.
    Every state which does not recognize my right to bear arms within its borders is blue, to be sure. Even at that, several contain more red counties than blue:
    2012 Election Results Map by State - Live Voting Updates - POLITICO.com
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    What a coincidence, five states I'll never visit.
    OD* likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Interesting. My county is blue, but it was close. Thank God our sheriff still values our right to KBA
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

My state is red (TX), my county is blue (Dallas)...doesn't really matter gun law wise since municipalities can't make their own laws, only the state can. I couldn't care much less about local politics, I didn't even bother to vote in the city council election last weekend...Roger Staubach's daughter is now my council representative. Unfortunately, of the 4 states I frequently travel to, I can't carry in any of them except FL (MD, CA, and NYC being the others). I don't feel a need to carry where I go in NYC, but it would be nice.

Our state is gradually turning blue, largely to the GOP having a complete lack of ability to make inroads into the Hispanic population and the democrats pandering to them about immigration reform. San Antonio's mayor is a mini Obama, but luckily SA doesn't reflect the state overall and much like El Paso, we only claim it when we have to (and yes, the Alamo is that small)...

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post

Our state is gradually turning blue, largely to the GOP having a complete lack of ability to make inroads into the Hispanic population and the democrats pandering to them about immigration reform. San Antonio's mayor is a mini Obama, but luckily SA doesn't reflect the state overall and much like El Paso, we only claim it when we have to (and yes, the Alamo is that small)...
    That is precisely why I think the Democrats are pushing so hard for amnesty. Texas has 38 electoral votes...14% of the needed 270 to elect the President. That is presuming the new citizens will vote for free stuff (Democrat). Throw in California's 55 votes and you are 34% of the way to electing a President by winning just two states. Scary stuff man.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

...and I'm a few weeks from PCSing to California...

They are called "orders", not "invitations"
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i hate how the stupid electoral college bull works. what ever happened to good old fashion majority wins?

and OP yeah it is alot of infringement. the place im closest to that has anything for shopping or movies or whatever is in Maryland even though i live in PA, but i will make the longer trip to stay in PA so i can CC.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    My state is red (TX), my county is blue (Dallas)...doesn't really matter gun law wise since municipalities can't make their own laws, only the state can. I couldn't care much less about local politics, I didn't even bother to vote in the city council election last weekend...Roger Staubach's daughter is now my council representative. Unfortunately, of the 4 states I frequently travel to, I can't carry in any of them except FL (MD, CA, and NYC being the others). I don't feel a need to carry where I go in NYC, but it would be nice.

Re- first part in bold: The usual comment, if you don't vote don't complain.

Re- second part in bold: There are many reasons the state is going to turn blue beyond the ethnic politics. We don't do politics
    here so all I'll say on this is that the legislature has turned on the governor on a variety of key issues. The fight over the control of the Regents and President @ UT is the tip of an iceberg of problems this state faces.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    i hate how the stupid electoral college bull works. what ever happened to good old fashion majority wins?

and OP yeah it is alot of infringement. the place im closest to that has anything for shopping or movies or whatever is in Maryland even though i live in PA, but i will make the longer trip to stay in PA so i can CC.
    In states with 10-12% gun ownership rates and extremely restrictive gun laws, the good old-fashioned majority did win.
    Ayn Rand

The only state that I can not carry in that I want to carry in is S.C. I would love to visit SC, but I don't.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    The only state that I can not carry in that I want to carry in is S.C. I would love to visit SC, but I don't.
    Often, the reciprocity issue is between individual states. I can carry in SC on my Ohio permit because the two states have essentially the same licensing requirements. Mississippi, with more lax requirements, is not recognized by either one.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post

Have you read the Constitution?

A majority means mob rule.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links