Beretta Announces Plans to Move After Maryland Gov. Signs Bill

This is a discussion on Beretta Announces Plans to Move After Maryland Gov. Signs Bill within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Beretta will be moving at least part of their production and warehousing out of Maryland." Beretta Announces Plans to Move After Maryland Gov. Signs Bill...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Beretta Announces Plans to Move After Maryland Gov. Signs Bill

"Beretta will be moving at least part of their production and warehousing out of Maryland."
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

2. Remove Ads

Why should Beretta stay in a state that doesn't want them and their business? Can't fault them for moving. I would too if I were in their position.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Good for them, they should move everything out of the state. Move to Texas, you'll be welcome with open arms.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Good for them

Kudos to Beretta. Not every business puts its money where its mouth is, in such ways.

In the long run, I think we'd all be better off if every company and individual capable of such a move would do so, to escape repressive regimes. It's the one thing that can put a dollar figure on the repression, in the eyes of the repressors. Money talks when money walks, and all that.

TX expat, blitzburgh and 84160 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If the state government makes part of your business illegal do you have any choice but to move?

The sooner, the better. I'd dump the state that is turning their back on my company, as well as income from the taxes, etc.. Move to a more friendly state. Hopefully, the employees will be able to move as well.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Kudos to Beretta. Not every business puts its money where its mouth is, in such ways.

In the long run, I think we'd all be better off if every company and individual capable of such a move would do so, to escape repressive regimes. It's the one thing that can put a dollar figure on the repression, in the eyes of the repressors. Money talks when money walks, and all that.

This is exactly correct, IMO. I think it's up to every business and individual to help financially strangle any state that seeks to take away our rights. Is it a pain? Sure. Is it extreme? Absolutely, but so is losing our Constitutional rights.

Every tax dollar that Maryland loses through lost revenue at the corporate and personal tax level is a dollar that cannot be used to further infringe on our rights. And it's a vast amount of money when it all starts to add up. Not only do they lose the basic tax revenue from the company; they'll lose all the taxable revenue from the workers that leave the state and all the tax revenue from the support companies that provide goods and services to Beretta and its employes.

Kudos to Beretta!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    This is exactly correct, IMO. I think it's up to every business and individual to help financially strangle any state that seeks to take away our rights. Is it a pain? Sure. Is it extreme? Absolutely, but so is losing our Constitutional rights.

Every tax dollar that Maryland loses through lost revenue at the corporate and personal tax level is a dollar that cannot be used to further infringe on our rights.

Kudos to Beretta!
    Reckon any of the manufacturers will refuse to bend over for California's latest demand regarding microstamping?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Reckon any of the manufacturers will refuse to bend over for California's latest demand regarding microstamping?
    California is an odd bird. They seem to get a lot of state level restrictions that out of state manufacturers bend to in order to continue to sell products in state. I'm sure that some manufacturers will simply not make CA legal firearms and chose to lose the business, but I'd bet most will look to find a way to gain compliance or challenge it legally if they think that doing so would be the better route financially.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    California is an odd bird. They seem to get a lot of state level restrictions that out of state manufacturers bend to in order to continue to sell products in state. I'm sure that some manufacturers will simply not make CA legal firearms and chose to lose the business, but I'd bet most will look to find a way to gain compliance or challenge it legally if they think that doing so would be the better route financially.
    No more odd than Merryland, New York, New Jersey or Massachusetts, all of whom have mandated restrictions which require specific accommodation from manufacturers to do business in their states. I'm betting that as soon as New York's seven round mag limit is confirmed by the courts, Glock, S&W and the others will all be making seven round mags.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    Hooray for Beretta! They are standing up for all of us. Come on down to the great state of Texas Beretta. You'll like it here.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I'd hope Beretta would adopt the Ronnie Barrett model and not even sell any Beretta firearms or service to public agencies anywhere in Maryland. None for the citizens? None for you, either.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    The NRA has already announced that they will be challenging parts of the new law in court, specifically the magazine limit and assault rifle ban. But not the additional requirements (license to purchase, fingerprinting) on hand gun purchases.

If the law is not overturned, my guess is that they will go across the river to VA. This would allow most of their employees to remain with the company if they choose.

Their plant right now is literally a couple of stones throw away from the Potomac.

It's a shame because Beretta is one of the better private employers in this state.

As soon as my son graduates from HS I am moving my business across the moat to VA so that I can retain my clients in MD.

VIP Member
    And all this on top of the switch last year from Beretta to Glock for the MSP. The real pisser is that the Storms that the MSP was using are being returned to Beretta with the provision that they NOT be sold to the public. Our tax dollars paid for them but we can't get them at a discount.

The Maryland Transportation Authority police (second largest police force in the state) also use Glocks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links