Wisconsin 2nd Amendment Protection Act Thread

This is a discussion on Wisconsin 2nd Amendment Protection Act Thread within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; To all my fellow 2nd amenders, in wisconsin or not, we are all embarking on a journey through a threshold in history. Much is unknown ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By gtfoxy
  • 1 Post By gtfoxy
  • 1 Post By AvengingPatriot
  • 1 Post By gtfoxy

Thread: Wisconsin 2nd Amendment Protection Act Thread

Wisconsin 2nd Amendment Protection Act Thread

To all my fellow 2nd amenders, in wisconsin or not, we are all embarking on a journey through a threshold in history. Much is unknown about the times ahead but one thing be certain;

Live or Die, Be Free!

My hopes for this thread are to give us residents of Wisconsin a thread of our own to use as a jumping off point for ideas and exchange of information. This is a forum that I have been blessed to find. I now see the great hearts and minds that come here. I see the exchange of ideas and the sharing of common convictions and goals. It is aparent that we share a similar devotion for the Freedoms we so value and the primary one that makes all others possible.

I have begun to spread the word in my area to my local governing institutions and my representatives. I have begun the sharing of ideas and perspectives on a individual and populous base. I have studied the laws, seen their capabilities if enacted properly. Each new one seems better than the states before it. Missouris' HB 436.

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking...ro/HB0436I.HTM

This is the legislation we need to work off of. It needs to be viewed on a mutlifacited basis. In order for a State to be self sufficient in the production of arms and servicing, it needs basic infrastructure. we have a good base for this but it needs work and proliferation.

I would like people to begin giving input on how we can work together to influence 1) more people to apply for CCW's. 2) People on the fence about 2nd Amendment civil liberties to transition to our sides. 3) Move our representatives in a manner entitled to us by our activism and solidarity with genuine concern and compassion for all those who dwell in our state.

#1) I see this as the major benefactor of our capabilities. We have to look at ourselves as CCW holders as a form of Sub-law enforcement, because that is, in essence, what we agree to acknowledge when we sign that paper and mail it in. We are notified of our "Right" to intervene on the behalf of those in danger or having their civil liberties infringed upon. My local CLEO sees it this way also.

We need to be viewed as such by the general public and not just gun toting Hill Billies. We need to embrace our comunities with a sense of devotion to their rights and freedoms.

I have said this to people not thinking a 2nd Amendment act is necessary; "I value your Rights so dearly that I have no choice but to adamently reject your willingness to relieve yourself from your constitutional liberties." I then explain it is there liberties I hold dear. "Think about it from this perspective, I would so much as Die for you, deffending that which I hold dear, that which is not just my own, but given to you also."

#2 If we do #1 right, this will fall into place.

#3 This is where all of us working together gets stuff done.

I would like people from the Ratified Free States to speak up also. I want us to all benefit from what your representatives did and how they were swayed to take the measures they took. Our representation is drasticly behind the ball on this so they need a little help getting up to speed. Can we get represntatives onto these forums so we can all comunicate and have an exchange of ideas and objectives. Please, lets hear what everyone has to say so we can get together and get another State on-board for defending our Liberties and improving our lives.

And again;

Live or Die, Be Free!
    AvengingPatriot likes this.

2. Remove Ads

In Wisconsin we always had a right o open carry. However many LEO would arrest you anyway and make you fight for years to get your weapon back and charge you with disorderly conduct. We fought that and won most but it was costly.
    We voted for and passed CC only to have a Governor Doyle veto it , while he was CC a 38. over 20 years we fought for the right o CC. The law we have is not prefect but better than nothing.
    We are however 1 vote on the state supreme court from losing the right to CC. There are large blocks in this state that have vowed to never rest until CC is repealed.
    Just as they never give up and never miss a chance to attack us we must never give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    In Wisconsin we always had a right o open carry. However many LEO would arrest you anyway and make you fight for years to get your weapon back and charge you with disorderly conduct. We fought that and won most but it was costly.
    We voted for and passed CC only to have a Governor Doyle veto it , while he was CC a 38. over 20 years we fought for the right o CC. The law we have is not prefect but better than nothing.
    We are however 1 vote on the state supreme court from losing the right to CC. There are large blocks in this state that have vowed to never rest until CC is repealed.
    Just as they never give up and never miss a chance to attack us we must never give up.
    I am blessed to hsve a CLEO that both confirmed & stated no indifference to me OC. He said quite simply, "It's your constitutional right as far as I am concerned." He has become a person that has been of great help in certain areas. As a supporter he will he very valuable to the legitimacy of what it is that we are trying to accomplish.

Severson is a supporter of CC as he stated in a letter. He also said the same for 2nd A rights in general.

How does the area around you view CC as a whole? Any major places throwing up signs or openly in opposition to it? What has been their over-all message against? I know areas around Madison & Milwaukee will be the trigger points of talks. We need a plan ready for these areas to know their irrational fears are being accounted for and a solution will be implemented to drasticly reduce gang violence & general disorder.

Also, in the Missouri Act, I like their solutiin for school security. I and my neighbor, who is a high school teacher, wants CC in the school as do others. I would be a volunteer most undoubtedly.

Ex Member Array AvengingPatriot's Avatar
    I just want to say that CCW laws are infringements and also ridiculous. If you get one, your info is now had for sure. As in the case of Missouri, the lists of CCW owners being given to the feds not once, but twice, by corrupted officials and the MOHP, which confirms the reasons of all else why you don't need a CCW to carry. That's what we have the 2A for. When folks scede their rights to the state or federal government, don't whine when you find yourself being stripped of your weapons later on. This is not directed at anyone here specifically, just broadly for all who care about their rights and liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengingPatriot View Post
    I just want to say that CCW laws are infringements and also ridiculous. If you get one, your info is now had for sure. As in the case of Missouri, the lists of CCW owners being given to the feds not once, but twice, by corrupted officials and the MOHP, which confirms the reasons of all else why you don't need a CCW to carry. That's what we have the 2A for. When folks scede their rights to the state or federal government, don't whine when you find yourself being stripped of your weapons later on. This is not directed at anyone here specifically, just broadly for all who care about their rights and liberty.
    I agree with you to a point. So much so, that for that very reason, I delayed my application submittal.

I see you are in the great state of missouri. Can you share further information how you & others from Missouri are viewing the legislation your state enacted?

Ex Member Array AvengingPatriot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
    I agree with you to a point. So much so, that for that very reason, I delayed my application submittal.

I see you are in the great state of missouri. Can you share further information how you & others from Missouri are viewing the legislation your state enacted?
    I mean, the HB-436 is GREAT. It protects us here in the state of MO from all federal laws and acts that have been enacted since the 30's, so I mean, that's wonderful for us here. It also is being mirrored in Kansas and other states too. I'm surprised MO did it before everyone else. July 1st it will be law and it doesn't matter if the Democrat governor vetoes or signs it, it's veto proof.

The only thing is, we shouldn't have to do this you know what I mean? The 2A should've been respected all the time so that we wouldn't even need new protection laws for our rights.
    gtfoxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengingPatriot View Post
    I mean, the HB-436 is GREAT. It protects us here in the state of MO from all federal laws and acts that have been enacted since the 30's, so I mean, that's wonderful for us here. It also is being mirrored in Kansas and other states too. I'm surprised MO did it before everyone else. July 1st it will be law and it doesn't matter if the Democrat governor vetoes or signs it, it's veto proof.

The only thing is, we shouldn't have to do this you know what I mean? The 2A should've been respected all the time so that we wouldn't even need new protection laws for our rights.
    I agree 100%

I have, with growing local support, begun to petition for a bill such as the Kansas SB102 Bill.

With the Assault weapons Bill AB 222 now being introduced, extracting support from the community's will become a bit easier in actuality. As threats appear obvious, reaction become more predictable, & easier to change or develop mindsets.

As in a sticky at the top of this forum states, Fear is a powerfull motivator.

Here is the bill from Kansas.

http://www.kslegislature.org/li/b201...2_enrolled.pdf

This, in itself, has no teeth without an industry within the state to which it is in support of. That is the beaty of it, it basicly mandates, if liberties are to be preserved, action, through business development, must be initiated on a grass roots level.

Maybe with AB 222 surfacing it might well be time to organize localized organized showing of support for our Constitution has come in Wisconsin.

I have received word that a bill is under construction and is planned to be released next week.

There is a rally scheduled for 6/15 Iin Madison.

Links