Garden State Gun Control Tyranny Imposed on Citizens Beyond their Borders Read more

This is a discussion on Garden State Gun Control Tyranny Imposed on Citizens Beyond their Borders Read more within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Talk about being a victim of circumstances... Dustin Reininger, a Citizen from the Great Republic of Texas is serving time in a New Jersey prison...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Garden State Gun Control Tyranny Imposed on Citizens Beyond their Borders Read more

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Garden State Gun Control Tyranny Imposed on Citizens Beyond their Borders Read more

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    There are states in which I shall never reside. NJ is one of them.
    darbo, tdave, dben002 and 1 others like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    There are states in which I shall never reside. NJ is one of them.
    There are states which I'll never even visit. NJ is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    serving a five-year sentence with a three-year minimum before he’s eligible for parole. His crime? Pulling off the highway to get some rest during a long drive.
    Essentially, yes.

That pretty much says it all, regarding the lunacy of our tyrannical take on the RKBA in this country.
    PEF, blitzburgh and Eagleks like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    There are states in which I shall never SET FOOT IN. NJ is one of them.
    Fixed it for you.
    PEF, msgt/ret, TX expat and 2 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    And the governor and head endorser of this police state policy is being seriously considered as the next president.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    And yet, every time I suggest that the state's rights folks have it wrong on gun control matters, that it can't be left to the states--- NJ being an excellent example of why-- and that Congress needs to fix this sort of thing, I get hammered.

The hollow point law is particularly pernicious for the unwary traveler because it is unique to NJ and carries an
    out of proportion punishment, but most folks who participate HERE have long
    ago learned the rules of FOPA, the peculiarities of NJ's laws; and NJ does instruct its LEOs to follow FOPA.

Viva DC and Kudos to Gary S too. Both have probably kept a lot of people out of big trouble.
    Brass63 likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And the governor and head endorser of this police state policy is being seriously considered as the next president.
    These laws in NJ were there long before the present governor. I'd be very unlikely to vote for him for anything, but
    my reasons would not be due to putting blame on him for something he didn't do and can't change.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Probably the most gun unfriendly state in the country.......it's run by the State Authorities....NJSP and Lawyers.....we're told... where we can, what we can, how we can and how much it's gonna cost us......best advice I could give ya is......stay out for your own good.
    tdave likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    And yet, every time I suggest that the state's rights folks have it wrong on gun control matters, that it can't be left to the states--- NJ being an excellent example of why-- and that Congress needs to fix this sort of thing, I get hammered.
    It cannot be left to government at all, IMO, period.

Short of erasure of all arms-related criminalization and abrogations of the 2A, we'll have such awful limitations and ugly handling of situations. Yes, removal of the states' infringements in their entirety would allow a single, centralized approach to abrogations of the 2A, much like "state preemption" statutes allow. But that would also centralize the power to destroy and dictate terms over the 2A once and for all, via that lack of distribution of power.

BTW, other than a few miscreants calling you names and such (to their dishonor and shame, I'd think), you aren't hammered for such ideas. The ideas are hammered for what they are, for their inherent pros/cons.

I just wish we could get to a point where full recognition of the strength and viability of the 1A, 2A and other core protected rights in the BOR are again treated for what they are: basically absolute prohibitions against government violation and infringement. Hold people accountable for violations of those rights to the point they commit direct harms on others, yes. Hold people accountable for their attempts to fail to protect and fail to defend the Constitution as their sworn oaths demand they do, yes. But cease reinterpreting and eviscerating the core, foundational constitutional principles we stand on as a free People.
    packinnova, Jeanlouise and Tzadik like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    These laws in NJ were there long before the present governor. I'd be very unlikely to vote for him for anything, but
    my reasons would not be due to putting blame on him for something he didn't do and can't change.
    He enthusiastically and wholeheartedly endorses NJ's draconian gun laws at every opportunity.
    Inspector71 and goldmaster like this.
    Tuco

That's because he's an ex- prosecutor here.......another lawyer politicians.

This story is years old and this idiot is just that, an idiot. He should have known better than to carry that number of weapons through NJ, and stopping to sleep tops off the stupidity at epic. This one is right up there with the moron who tried to check a CCW with security at the Empire State Building. Play by the rules or pay the price and most of all, don't be a moron.

VIP Member
    I suspect that hammering has more to do with the fear that national gun rights will more resemble of those of New York and New Jersey, or even DC than it does with the belief in the righteousness of those same gun laws.
    locotest likes this.
    Tuco

VIP Member
    No, the problem is that the Federal government does little to nothing to protect the Second Amendment. Your ideas of the power of the Federal govt. would lead us to federal bans on weapons.

2A mandates that the Federal government not allow infringement of the right to keep and bear arms. Unfortunately, your argument only works when they obey the BoR; which they obviously do not. If the Fed were using the power that the BoR bestows upon them, they'd strike state laws down as unconstitutional when they interfere with the 2A. The fact that the Federal government allows, and under this administration actively encourages, the destruction of the 2A is the exact reason why the free states absolutely must nullify the laws that are unconstitutional. When the Federal government starts doing its job protecting the rights outlined in the BoR, I'll support it; as long as it's actively working against the BoR, then I'll support the states.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    What I can't understand the obese, pompous, RINO that is in charge is well liked. How can you like someone that has signed laws that stripe you of your rights and says its necessary to control crime. NJ has some of the worst gun crime rates in the country. In 2010-2011 there were 269 murders of which 71% were committed using a gun, doesn't appear their strict gun laws are working but continue to legislate more gun restrictions.. Makes the job of the criminal a lot safer, only he has a gun.....
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links