NJ Senate Approves Ban On 50 Caliber Rifles Changes to FOID

This is a discussion on NJ Senate Approves Ban On 50 Caliber Rifles Changes to FOID within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The state Senate on Thursday gave final passage to a bill banning the sale of .50-caliber rifles, high-powered weapons that are accurate to more than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: NJ Senate Approves Ban On 50 Caliber Rifles Changes to FOID

The state Senate on Thursday gave final passage to a bill banning the sale of .50-caliber rifles, high-powered weapons that are accurate to more than one mile and popular with some firearms enthusiasts.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/po..._measures.html

Bill Details: http://amgoa.org/Proposed-New-Jersey...State-Law/4512

A second bill calls for the firearms permit information to be encoded in driver's licenses, or a "smart card" for people without a driver's license and training for first time applicants.

Bill details:http://amgoa.org/Proposed-New-Jersey...State-Law/9094

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The obese, pompous, arrogant govenrnor is slowly but surely moving towards an all weapons ban in NJ. I attempted to find the number of crimes committed in NJ and the US with a .50, to no avail. I thought they were attempting to reduce gun crime, next are the shotguns.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Can anyone give me a real reason that the .50 were banned?

Were they ever used in a crime?

Are they the common choice of criminals?

Are they so cheap that you can buy them at Walmart?

At 4-5 dollars a round, does everyone have them?

Were they banned for something they "might" do? Is this more touchy feely good legislation that was passed so the New Jersey Senate can thump their chests and proclaim to all how they saved the world from evil?

Just who does this ban affect? Does it affect the collectors that spend 5-10 grand on a rifle? The guys that never broke a law?

Excuse me while I go puke....
    pittypat21 and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yes, the Serbu .50BMG sells for about $2,400 NIB. Question as to reason on the ban, how do you control the masses if they have a means to defend themselves. Would you believe the president's motorcade is equipped with a Barrett MG.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Every time the ban something, it lends the appearance (to some) of having done something legitimate and worthwhile. The real money is in the treatment, not the cure.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

If this doesn't help reveal the true goal of anti-gunners, I don't know what will.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    If this doesn't help reveal the true goal of anti-gunners, I don't know what will.
    Reveal it to whom? We already know... Non gun owners are chest bumping another vacuous "win."

Senseless, stupid laws such as these ONLY harm the law abiding.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    If they ban the .50, just buy a 20mm Barrett, instead.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Would you believe the president's motorcade is equipped with a Barrett MG.
    You must mean Dillon Miniguns capable of firing 6000 rounds a minute and 7.62 caliber
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    As I age I am becoming more cynical and skeptical with an increasing sensitivity to BS in general, but in general I try to be optimistic and hopeful.

One of the optimistic thoughts that comes to my mind when I read of silly legislation like this, is perhaps the politicians are trying to pass something, anything, to make it look like they're all over gun control, when in fact they know that this bill on 50cal's really affects very few people and does little damage to their constituency.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    As I age I am becoming more cynical and skeptical with an increasing sensitivity to BS in general, but in general I try to be optimistic and hopeful.

One of the optimistic thoughts that comes to my mind when I read of silly legislation like this, is perhaps the politicians are trying to pass something, anything, to make it look like they're all over gun control, when in fact they know that this bill on 50cal's really affects very few people and does little damage to their constituency.
    You wouldn't be so optimistic if you competed in long distance shooting with a .50.
    This law is like saying we will not discriminate against blacks, unless they are Tutus...

Infringe on the rights of one... or some, you are infringing on the rights of us all...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by GrandBob View Post
    Can anyone give me a real reason that the .50 were banned?
    Power and control. Certainly not crime reduction, the ostensible (and claimed) purpose. It's laughable ... just like with every other 2A infringement that has nothing to do with holding people accountable for their actual actions that harm others. These statutory "crimes" have only one purpose: to criminalize people, to make such a minefield of charges that the governing few have us by the short ones. It's the whole point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yaknow whats weird? Ammo man from NJ is about the only place that will ship ammo to me and yet they are such a gun hostile state.

I guess they heard about the stacks of corpses piling up from $12,000 rifles and they are heading the problem off at the pass <groan>
    "America is held together by one piece of paper"

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Surely everyone,or,pretty much everyone,heard the recording on youtube of some N.J. politicians who said they wanted to confiscate,confiscate,confiscate..Nothing about that would make me optimistic,ugh

It's simple.................NJ is run by the State Authorities.....Lawyers, Prosecutors and the NJSP......they tell us what we are allowed to do here and when we can do it and what we have to pay to do it......they view firearm ownership in NJ as a threat against the state and their control of the masses....it's always been that way........IMO.
    The rifle itself has not much to do with anything......it's just something else they can ban.....an ongoing step by step process.

IMO....CC will never be allowed here in my lifetime................Face it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links