Side Stepping the Constitution

This is a discussion on Side Stepping the Constitution within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Court upholds rifle sales reporting requirement - New York News | NYC Breaking News Not sure of where this goes from here. But they are ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By tdave

Thread: Side Stepping the Constitution

Side Stepping the Constitution

Court upholds rifle sales reporting requirement - New York News | NYC Breaking News

Not sure of where this goes from here. But they are determined to have gun control in any form.

2. Remove Ads

It says that this is needed to stop the flow of weapons to the Mexican Drug Cartels. Wouldn't abolishing the BATFE accomplish that?

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    This is more BS by Obama and the BATF on stopping gun running across the US/Mexican boarder. The presidents 90% of all guns used in Mexican crime has been proven to be not true. The actual percentage is +/-17% and that percentage includes American produced guns stolen from the Mexican military. It has also been proven that the majority of illegal guns are brought into Mexico through Guatemala and by sea.

Food for thought; The drug cartels are mostly armed with full auto weapons and auto weapons have been banned in the US since 1934. Why would the drug cartels pay thousands of dollars for a semi auto AK47 clone when they can get a full auto for less from other countries, i.e. Pakistan, and Egypt among others. Each and every time the Mexican government releases pictures of captured guns, seldom are any American produced guns included in the picture. If there are any it is a Ar15/M16 stolen from the Mexican military.

More BS from the Obama administration.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Senior Moderator
    Gee...I am really surprised...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

90% of all guns used by the various cartels come from America, huh?

Wait a minute: 90%, 90%, hmmmmmmm.

Where have I heard Obama say 90% before? Seems fairly recent.

It's not his agenda that shocks me (for that was expected).

It's his "I'm king and god, so obey" attitude. I don't think he cares about slinging BS and getting caught. Reckons himself untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Reckons himself untouchable.
    And until recently he has been. With the help of the media he has been untouchable indeed. It is only recently that he is showing some chinks in his armor.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    90% of all guns used by the various cartels come from America, huh?

Wait a minute: 90%, 90%, hmmmmmmm.

Where have I heard Obama say 90% before? Seems fairly recent.

It's not his agenda that shocks me (for that was expected).

It's his "I'm king and god, so obey" attitude. I don't think he cares about slinging BS and getting caught. Reckons himself untouchable.
    The way he got the 90% figure was of the 27,000 guns confiscated by the Mexican police during one time period, they separated all guns that had serial numbers, about 7,000 and returned them to the ATF. The ATF identified about 87% of these weapons as manufactured in the US. One problem, many of these weapons were assault rifles given to Mexican government for military use and not identified as such by the ATF. Of the 27,000 about 6,090 were proven to have been manufactured in the US or about 22% of the total number of guns confiscated and is not even close to his 90% statement.

Or did he intentionally mislead the people by not qualifying his statement of what the 90% was based on. 6090 is close to 90% of the 7,000 returned weapons.

It is a sad state of affairs when you can not believe the words of the president, and this is just one of his many lies or half truths.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The way he got the 90% figure was of the 27,000 guns confiscated by the Mexican police during one time period, they separated all guns that had serial numbers, about 7,000 and returned them to the ATF. The ATF identified about 87% of these weapons as manufactured in the US. One problem, many of these weapons were assault rifles given to Mexican government for military use and not identified as such by the ATF. Of the 27,000 about 6,090 were proven to have been manufactured in the US or about 22% of the total number of guns confiscated and is not even close to his 90% statement.

Or did he intentionally mislead the people by not qualifying his statement of what the 90% was based on. 6090 is close to 90% of the 7,000 returned weapons.

It is a sad state of affairs when you can not believe the words of the president, and this is just one of his many lies or half truths.
    Is there a document detailing that info? Got a link to that bad boy??
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links