A Bit Severe?

This is a discussion on A Bit Severe? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071 Except it won't be a boot. It'll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: A Bit Severe?

A Bit Severe?

www.wvgazette.com/Opinion/OpEdCommentaries/201305300071

Except it won't be a boot. It'll be an M1A Abrams tank, supported by an F22 Raptor squadron with Hellfire missiles. Try treason on for size. See how that suits. And their assault arsenal and RPGs won't do them any good.

I ain't got any RPG's around here. You got any RPG's?
    bigmacque and darbo like this.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    He seems angry.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Wow that was a bit much. Can I have that 5 minutes of my life back please?
    atctimmy, Warrior1256 and Eagleks like this.

From the article:
    "This foaming at the mouth, Obamar is coming for the guns, Nanny Bloomberg is a bad billionaire, and...those survivors and victims are pawns in the liberal agenda is knuckle-dragging Cretan talk."

Apparently "knuckle-dragging Cretans" are straight up truth tellers.
    bigmacque likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

That article's tough to read. He's either a poor writer or letting his sophistry getting in the way of what he needs to communicate. He also needs to ditch the automatic spell-checker and start some quality editing.

And IMO he's seeing things a bit less than clearly:

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    We put the president in the White House. To support the new NRA president's agenda of arming the populace for confrontation with the government is bloody treason. And many invite it gladly as if the African-American president we voted for is somehow infringing on their Constitutional rights.
    The NRA doesn't arm the citizens.

The citizens arming themselves isn't so they can go out to confront their governing few, let alone commit "bloody treason" to (as implied) take down said governing few.

The mere fact he states baldly that some feel as if the president/government "is somehow infringing" upon constitutional rights shows he doesn't get it, at all. He's a liberty-destroyer who's swallowing the pap he's being spoon-fed. He's an example of the brainwashing that is occurring by the leftists who want our liberties, who are holding up independent citizens as terrorists and threats. When in reality, the vast majority simply want to have the hood ornament removed from their tailpipes, and to protect and guard against that ever happening again ... foreign or domestic, violent felon or treasonous governing hireling.

Next "news" story.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; June 3rd, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Wow, a Journalism professor who thinks the Civil War was just fought over slavery. Well, that tells me all I need to know about Mr.Swindell.

He also calls Sarah Palin a half-wit. Liberals do hate strong, intelligent women, don't they? Nancy "we must pass the bill before we read it" is much more to their liking.

So, given the other opinions of Swindell, it's no surprise that he has disdain for the NRA and their stance against background checks.

When this passes for a Journalism Professor at the college level, is it any wonder why the main stream media is so Anti 2A and anti Conservative? They are fed this garbage 24/7 for 4 years in college. When they come out they are brain washed for life.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That article's tough to read. He's either a poor writer or letting his sophistry getting in the way of what he needs to communicate. He also needs to ditch the automatic spell-checker and start some quality editing.
    And he's a Journalism Professor! I love how he manages to throw down the race card too by calling Obama the "African-American" President. Why not just, "the President"? So much ignorance in one short quote.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by DetChris View Post
    Wow that was a bit much. Can I have that 5 minutes of my life back please?
    Same here...........The guy is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Word of the day!!!!!! (sophistry)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Wow, a Journalism professor who thinks the Civil War was just fought over slavery. Well, that tells me all I need to know about Mr.Swindell.

He also calls Sarah Palin a half-wit. Liberals do hate strong, intelligent women, don't they? Nancy "we must pass the bill before we read it" is much more to their liking.
    I would not call Pain a half-wit just as I would not condier her an intellectually challenging person. She preaches to the choir and really brings nothing new to the plate in terms of new idea, supporting current ones, or being able to articulate "our" message to people who disagree. Almost all speeches I hear from her are regurgetated info that is already being said by others. I do not find her particulary intelligent the times I see her pressed for a question that is not loaded in her favor.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Ugh. There it is again. "Common sense gun safety". In all his wisdom of what is and isn't true in the "gun safety debate" (replace safety with control for accuracy), he seems to have missed the whole point. The NRA, along with the majority of Americans (I want to pretend that I know for sure that the "majority" support my opinion, too) would rather not rebel against the government. We'd rather our government recognize our constitutional right (that yes, Christopher Swindell, the government IS infringing on) and leave our guns alone. We'd rather that the government NOT label us extremists and terrorists (as Swindell himself even calls us) simply because we are constitutionalists (God forbid). We'd rather that our government return to its roots of being OF the people and FOR the people, instead of OF elitists and FOR themselves. We'd rather our government NOT be a corrupt unit of disgusting overreach.

It's ironic how he wants to blame the NRA for arming domestic terrorists (since, you know, the NRA sells firearms - not supports our rights), but conveniently forgets that our own government is quite literally arming criminals in our neighbor to the South.

Mr. Swindell, the Second Amendment isn't about "a shotgun for home defense, a handgun for limited conceal/carry, and an assortment of hunting rifles to balance West Virginia's exploding deer population". It is about protecting our rights. It is about freedom from a tyrannical government. It is interesting, that with all your opinions you have failed to involve any facts as support in your commentary. It's okay, I understand, it's a commentary so the whole point really is to give your opinion. But believe you me, being a professor of journalism is a long way off from making you an expert in constitutional law or world (or American, for that matter) history.

Also, that Toby Keith song is aimed at terrorists in the Middle East. We extremists know this, because we've actually listened to the full song a hundred times. I don't think anybody has tried to direct that song at the Government. Nice try.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And the F-22 is an air superiority fighter, not a ground support weapon, and it wouldn't carry Hellfires, mavericks at best. Other than taking down the CAF, The F-22 would be useless. I'm sure the Abrams crew would prefer an A-10 for that role. I surprised the author didn't comment on using assault ARs with 30-round "clips."
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

He's attempting to "Swindell" us, on the anti-2A concept.

We'll stoop to the basic truth of the matter, that they're coming for our liberties. They'll stoop misdirection, misrepresentation and deceit to cow the meek and ignorant into doing their bidding. And they call liberty supporters "extremist." I'd be happy if our hirelings would simply stop handing us lipstick as they're diddling us. That'd be a start.
    msgt/ret and Rock and Glock like this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And the F-22 is an air superiority fighter, not a ground support weapon, and it wouldn't carry Hellfires, mavericks at best. Other than taking down the CAF, The F-22 would be useless. I'm sure the Abrams crew would prefer an A-10 for that role. I surprised the author didn't comment on using assault ARs with 30-round "clips."
    That's probably in his lecture planner for next week.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; June 3rd, 2013 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Ugh. There it is again. "Common sense gun safety". In all his wisdom of what is and isn't true in the "gun safety debate" (replace safety with control for accuracy), he seems to have missed the whole point.
    Yup.

Common-sense "gun" safety is keeping your finger off the trigger, knowing your target, only pointing at what you're prepared to destroy.

Common-sense liberty safety is following the constitutional prohibitions against infringement, working within its boundaries, doing what it says, and holding our hirelings accountable to their sworn oaths to us.

But then, it's becoming all to common to have to explain these things to the "common-sense" crowd, who are all but choking on the pap they're being fed by those who would take all our liberties.
    bigmacque likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"Swindell is a professor of journalism." One that cannot spell. It's cretin not cretan.

A Cretan is from Crete The most populous island in Greece.

But maybe he meant Cretan...He did capitalize it... So maybe he hates Greeks from Crete... Regardless he's just another mindless dolt.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Dingleberry
    bigmacque and phreddy like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links