As A Group, Pro-gunners Are More Committed Than The Antis

This is a discussion on As A Group, Pro-gunners Are More Committed Than The Antis within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; And it looks as though we are much more likely to put our money where our mouths are: Gun Control: Which Side Has More Passion? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: As A Group, Pro-gunners Are More Committed Than The Antis

VIP Member

As A Group, Pro-gunners Are More Committed Than The Antis

And it looks as though we are much more likely to put our money where our mouths are:
    Gun Control: Which Side Has More Passion? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

2. Remove Ads

Anti-gun voters tend to just watch the news, absorb every single word that the MSM says about firearms, call it "Truth" and then march both arms reaching out..drool dripping from their mouths to the voting booth.

The fact that I get dirty looks in my rear-view mirror at red lights says it all....since the only bumper sticker that I have is one that says "I am Pro-Constitution" over an American flag folded over the "We The People" header of the Constitution.
    constitution.JPG

Given the opposition, it seems very logical.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    The attached chart (taken from the article posted by the OP) shows an interesting increase in background checks since '09. The drop from Jan '13 to Feb '13 is interesting and I'd love to see the results when more months for '13 are provided. However, if the drop continues, I wonder if we're hitting the "saturation point" where just about everyone who wants to apply for an LTC has done so. Another theory is that with the increasing wait-times, are people deciding it's not worth it.

On the wait-time issue, I just applied for my LTC renewal and was told by the licensing agent that the wait was 12 to 14 weeks!
    Attached Images
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    The attached chart (taken from the article posted by the OP) shows an interesting increase in background checks since '09. The drop from Jan '13 to Feb '13 is interesting and I'd love to see the results when more months for '13 are provided. However, if the drop continues, I wonder if we're hitting the "saturation point" where just about everyone who wants to apply for an LTC has done so. Another theory is that with the increasing wait-times, are people deciding it's not worth it.

On the wait-time issue, I just applied for my LTC renewal and was told by the licensing agent that the wait was 12 to 14 weeks!
    I would attribute the drop to a depletion of existing inventories.
    BugDude likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I would attribute the drop to a depletion of existing inventories.
    You have to have your LTC or FID before you buy anything so I'm not sure how many new applicants are even aware of the inventory issue. But possible.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    You have to have your LTC or FID before you buy anything so I'm not sure how many new applicants are even aware of the inventory issue. But possible.
    I know that from early January until mid-May, my primary gun store didn't have one M&P or one common-caliber Glock in their inventory. Things have improved so much in the last few weeks there that they are once again featuring both in their monthly flier. Ammo and black rifles have returned to their shelves, as well.

And better-armed!

Distinguished Member
    Maybe in your fascist state. Achtung! Papiere jetzt!

Here in the free world, anyone who can pass a 4473 can buy guns all day, every day.

So a lack of supply will certainly hamper sales, and therefore, background checks.

It also probably has something to do with the fact that the pro-gunners actually have something to lose.
    mprp likes this.
    "Holy crap, what a turd that thing was. I love Ruger, but man, the first time I pulled the trigger I thought I was going to have a birthday before it broke. " - Yarg28

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I hope the facts as stated in the article are true. BUT, do not ever underestimate our opponents. They are like us in one regard: We hit them and hit them and hit them.......but they just keep coming after us. We can never let down our guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    And it looks as though we are much more likely to put our money where our mouths are:
    Gun Control: Which Side Has More Passion? | Wall St. Cheat Sheet
    There's been lots of study done about how to be politically effective in the US. The bottom line is that political power doesn't necessarily stem from popularity or majority opinion, but from organization. That's why Unions, MoveOn.org, NRA, or the hated "lobbyists" often have political influence far beyond mere numbers of votes. Organization allows you to both raise money and promote a message.

Like them or not, the NRA is powerful because they provide a purpose built and effective organization for millions of gun owners to speak with one voice. They certainly drive the liberals crazy, so they must be doing it right.
    ppkheat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
    I hope the facts as stated in the article are true. BUT, do not ever underestimate our opponents. They are like us in one regard: We hit them and hit them and hit them.......but they just keep coming after us. We can never let down our guard.
    Well I reckon we haven't been hitting them hard enough. Personally I hate doing things twice.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

In my area, the slowdown of purchases is directly related to the decrease in availability. People can't buy what they can't find. Florida also does not require a permit to buy.

The chart also does not reflect private party transfers, which have skyrocketed since the Govt infringement attempts started. I know a lot of people who have only bought private party since the crap hit the fan).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

We're more committed because we're the ones with something to lose. While people feel strongly on both sides of the issue, the targeted group is more motivated to act.
    Warrior1256 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links