Colorado Senate president facing recall for supporting gun laws

This is a discussion on Colorado Senate president facing recall for supporting gun laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Great news from Colorado- Colorado Springs, CO, June 4,2013, The Basic Freedom Defense Fund (BFDF – The Basic Freedom Defense Fund | Defending Your Freedoms ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Colorado Senate president facing recall for supporting gun laws

Red face Colorado Senate president facing recall for supporting gun laws

Great news from Colorado-

Colorado Springs, CO, June 4,2013, The Basic Freedom Defense Fund (BFDF – The Basic Freedom Defense Fund | Defending Your Freedoms), the Colorado grassroots group heading the recall of State Senate President John Morse (D-Colorado Springs) has submitted 16,046 District 11 voter petition signatures to the Colorado Secretary of States’ office for the recall of John Morse. This exceeds both the 7,178 signatures necessary for the recall and also exceeds the total number of votes (13,451) cast for Morse during his 2010 election.

BREAKING: Effort to Recall Colorado Senate President More Than Doubles Signature Goal | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

Maybe if a few more gun grabbers are recalled, the anti 2nd amendment laws can be repealed in Colorado.

2. Remove Ads

from the article:

"Regardless of the outcome and any posturing by Morse, he is going to be removed from his senate position one way or another due to his anti-constitutional beliefs and demonstrated actions"
    Well now, don't we all wish that it wouldn't just stop there? Good on CO! I guess the good people of CO don't have to wait until this 2014 thing we hear so much of.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Very nice. Its time to let the overlords know who the boss is.....

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Morse's removal would definitely send a chilling message to gun control advocates and a warm one to those of us who support 2A and the fundamental, god-given right (obligation) to protect ourselves and our families.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    The bad part about this is that he is done at the end of the year because of term limits, anyway. A downside to term limits is that an outgoer can do anything without fear of voter reprisal.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The real question is if he will resign or not. If not, he'll face a recall vote, and then the election. If he resigns, as much as this REALLY STINKS, the Dems get to APPOINT his successor.

Anyone want to make a bet?

Regardless, it sends a GREAT message! The message is about arrogance, accountability, lying, hubris, and many other issues, not the least of which is that VOTERS are PO'd. All of the idiots that believe they are infallible and not accountable better start hunting for new jobs.

Udall
    Bennet
    Hickenlooper
    Giron
    DeGette
    Hudak.............

The list goes on.

Great EFFORT and great results for the RECALL TEAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    The real question is if he will resign or not. If not, he'll face a recall vote, and then the election. If he resigns, as much as this REALLY STINKS, the Dems get to APPOINT his successor.

Anyone want to make a bet?
    But, in the meantime... if recalled, he won't be getting a paycheck. The "message" is still pertinent to his successor.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Even if he resigns this will send a message. I really hope this happens, one way or another. Even if the idiots choose the replacement the message will still have been sent.

If colorado can do it why not the rest of us, we all have the same problems only they got off their a-- and did something about it,

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Whether or not he is recalled it sends a very strong message to all of our so called representatives. I also applaud the group that wrote the recall petition and also spent hundreds of hours collecting the signatures that has given the residents the opportunity to voice their disapproval of Morse. If this action forces a recall vote or if Morse resigns it will, I am sure, trigger more recall petitions across the nation.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The first successful recall petition in Colorado history too!
    SmokinFool and RETSUPT99 like this.

That is great news and we are praying for you guys in Colorado. I have family there and they are pissed off at Hickenlooper and all the traitors.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbp210 View Post
    That is great news and we are praying for you guys in Colorado. I have family there and they are pissed off at Hickenlooper and all the traitors.
    Hickenlooper? Sounds to me like a more befitting name would be Chickenlooper. Odd name, ? another term for being afraid is chicken and looper is another term for an inch worm. Fits him perfectly IMO.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rookie53 View Post
    Great news from Colorado-

Colorado Springs, CO, June 4,2013, The Basic Freedom Defense Fund (BFDF – The Basic Freedom Defense Fund | Defending Your Freedoms), the Colorado grassroots group heading the recall of State Senate President John Morse (D-Colorado Springs) has submitted 16,046 District 11 voter petition signatures to the Colorado Secretary of States’ office for the recall of John Morse. This exceeds both the 7,178 signatures necessary for the recall and also exceeds the total number of votes (13,451) cast for Morse during his 2010 election.
    That's pretty amazing! It goes to show that if people would get out to vote, the John Morses wouldn't be there in the first place. It takes less effort to prevent something than it doesn't to fix it afterwards.

I'm impressed with the people of CO and their determination to correct a wrong. I bet every politician is watching this carefully!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Hickenlooper? Sounds to me like a more befitting name would be Chickenlooper. Odd name, ? another term for being afraid is chicken and looper is another term for an inch worm. Fits him perfectly IMO.
    Lickenpooper.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links