Bloomberg Fining Gift Shop Owner $60,000 For Selling Tiny, Gun Shape Lighter

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Fining Gift Shop Owner $60,000 For Selling Tiny, Gun Shape Lighter within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bloomberg's NYC Government Fining Gift Shop Owner $60,000 For Selling Tiny, Gun Shaped Lighters...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Bloomberg Fining Gift Shop Owner $60,000 For Selling Tiny, Gun Shape Lighter

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Are you sure he didn't have some 24oz. sodas tucked away in there somewhere also?...
    wmhawth and Spirit51 like this.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

You know, we tell people, outside NYC, about these things and they tell us we're just making them up.
    bigmacque and gtfoxy like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    If you are doing business somewhere, know the laws, follow them. If you disagree with the laws, get the laws changed. Don't blame the laws for you not following them and getting fined.
    Hopyard and Tzadik like this.

I agree if you own a business, it's your responsibility to know & follow the laws...

Some TOY/NOVELTY guns are illegal in NY?! Wow! I shouldn't be surprised, but I really am...
    suntzu and DPro.40 like this.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    My thoughts go out to all the small children in New York who will never be able to grow up playing cowboys and Indians......
    What's next...a ban on all movies on cable and dish in NYC that show a weapon....(westerns, cop shows, gangster movies, etc...etc...etc...).....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I agree if you own a business, it's your responsibility to know & follow the laws...

Some TOY/NOVELTY guns are illegal in NY?! Wow! I shouldn't be surprised, but I really am...
    I stopped reading at "TOY/NOVELTY"...wasn't sure where that was going
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    If you are doing business somewhere, know the laws, follow them. If you disagree with the laws, get the laws changed. Don't blame the laws for you not following them and getting fined.
    I generally agree with that sentiment, but this situation is so ridiculous and the fine so onerous that I don't think it applies. Anybody with a sense of justice should be outraged by this, whatever the law says.

I see it this way: our legal system is a sophisticated and rational means of impartially implementing the will of a cabal of drunken, debauched, power-mad degenerates, who occasionally do something so obnoxious that the people vote to dig them out of their entrenchments and replace them with slightly better degenerates. A proper respect for the law must be based on this understanding.
    wmhawth, ccw9mm, msgt/ret and 3 others like this.

That's right, we should all follow bad laws... it leads to compliance, and we all know how that worked out in Germany, China, Cambodia, Russia, etc....
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Ah Big Brother Bloomberg is at it again.
    He should let some of the helium out of his head and float back down to earth.
    Spirit51 likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    That's right, we should all follow bad laws... it leads to compliance, and we all know how that worked out in Germany, China, Cambodia, Russia, etc....
    No, what we should do is get stupid laws changed. If I think 75 mph is a dumb law should I just be able to ignore it and not pay the consequences? What about drinking and driving laws? If a law is bad, get it changed, don't ignore it.
    kb2wji likes this.

No, what we should do is get stupid laws changed. If I think 75 mph is a dumb law should I just be able to ignore it and not pay the consequences? What about drinking and driving laws? If a law is bad, get it changed, don't ignore it.
    When does that actually ever work?
    maxwell97 and Spirit51 like this.

"Law never made men a whit more just; and, by means of their respect for it, even the well-disposed are daily made the agents of injustice." - Henry David Thoreau

The point was there are unjust laws. You're bringing up laws you just might dislike, but that make complete sense.

The typical nanny-state crap, though, such as criminalizing "larger" cups of soda or shapes of plastic/metal are themselves unjust. They deserve to be fought, flouted, "laws" though they be. The key is: injustice; not mere dislike.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links