Defensive Carry banner

2A - HA! Staples backing off contest policy shows shallowness of anti-gun support

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Arborigine 
#1 ·
Real Title: Staples backing off contest policy shows shallowness of anti-gun support
gun rights June 8, 2013
By: David Codrea

........Angry reactions following its disallowing a gun retailer to enter its small business contest has resulted in office supply chain Staples ending the discriminatory practice, Deena Winter of Nebraska Watchdog revealed in a report updated yesterday.

My Comments: Say, so how is that stupid corporate policy effecting your bottom line? DOH! Just askin.

Read the rest, priceless. People vote with their feet and wallets!

Staples backing off contest policy shows shallowness of anti-gun support - National gun rights | Examiner.com

#3 ·
Too late, the damage has been done. NO MORE STAPLES!!!!!!! EVER!!!!

#4 ·
Yep....don't think I'll be hitting the "Easy" button any time in the future.

#5 ·
Maybe it's just me, but it seems to me that if Staples had to communicate to all these small businesses, however many it was that they rejected, that they would have the information from those small businesses to include in the contest if they were serious about changing the rules. Certainly, if Staples really means what it now says, these small businesses could be included in the current contest.

I feel like they're blowing sunshine up my skirt hoping we forget about this by the time they run another contest. Who knows if there will even be any future contests.

#6 · (Edited)
After recieving my email that after 18 years and many thousands of dollars I was done with them, they responded to my email with this.
"
"Thank you for your feedback. We respect your opinion on this issue. Staples values all of our
customers and supports small businesses everywhere. We will take your feedback into account as we
design future contests.
Thank you for this opportunity to respond to your inquiry. I hope you will continue to look to
Staples with confidence and satisfaction for all of your office supply needs"

Apparently "I will never do business with you again" didn't register. They think i am coming back because they sent me a form response?

#10 ·
Pyrrhic victory. Even though their published rules for the current contest said nothing about firearms, they still are not letting Maple Creek get on board, but instead has "promised" that they will be less discriminatory in future contests. That changes nothing and simply makes a hollow promise about future activity. Don't hold your breath.

#11 ·
BINGO

They'll just find another way to keep out whoever they wish in the next contest they run regardless of the lip service they're handing out now.

#12 ·
My local Staples has been in an constant struggle because of a close by Office Max that under cuts the majority of Staples prices. The local Staples has shut downed their copy service and has reduced their computer repair staff to one full time person just in the last month or so.

Managements decision to discriminate against one group at the time the company is in the process of closing stores to cut costs IMO will hasten the beginning of the end for the company.

I seldom shop at Staples, Costco sells the majority of the items as Staples at a lower cost.

#13 ·
2A - HA! Staples backing off contest policy shows shallowness of anti-gun support
Of their support. Clearly, they readjust their sights over profitability, gauging making a political statement isn't worth going down in flames. Good for them.

But I can't see that the zealot anti-gunners out there have one bit less of their zealotry in them. Staples just wasn't one of them. There are still millions of them out there.

It'd be interesting to know how these politically-motivated firms would act if it was the 1A at stake, their own ability to speak their own minds, write what they wanted, associate with whom they chose to, etc. My guess is they'd be damned before they would lift a finger to erase the right to do so, no matter how good they might feel at erasing the right of others to do so. IMO, it's a sign of how tasty the pap that everyone's been fed seems to some, as if it were a holiday jam for everyone's toast. If only folks thought just a little bit about what these liberty-haters are really doing. If only.

#16 ·
There is a Staples ~35 miles to the north and south of me. Other than a Walmart also in each town, that is about it for reasonably priced computer/office supplies in my region. UPS will be carrying a lot more boxes my way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.