This Is How the NRA Ends

This Is How the NRA Ends

This is a discussion on This Is How the NRA Ends within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; An inside look at the Anti-Gun, Anti-Freedom, movement. The article is long. I didn't need to read the entire thing to see how these anti-gun ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: This Is How the NRA Ends

This Is How the NRA Ends

An inside look at the Anti-Gun, Anti-Freedom, movement. The article is long. I didn't need to read the entire thing to see how these anti-gun nuts fail to understand gun control makes citizens less safe; not more safe. This is ignorance squared and while I find ignorance on a local level impossible to fight; this is on a national level. They found their money man in nanny Bloomberg. A rich but quite insane person to be sure but that just makes him more dangerous.

This Is How the NRA Ends A bigger, richer, meaner gun-control movement has arrived

Your thoughts? Can we beat back this onslaught from the deranged anti-gunners?
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

VIP Member
    I am not convinced that the facts support the article. "Gun ownership is declining" is a good case in point. I really don't see gun ownership declining in the US. Maybe I am missing it, but that article seemed more like a puff piece by one of Bloomingturd's minions than a fact filled expose.

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I am not convinced that the facts support the article. "Gun ownership is declining" is a good case in point. I really don't see gun ownership declining in the US. Maybe I am missing it, but that article seemed more like a puff piece by one of Bloomingturd's minions than a fact filled expose.

Self-Reported Gun Ownership in U.S. Is Highest Since 1993
    I have to agree with you on that. I think it is kind of ironic that the administration we have in office has voiced their wish for more gun control and it has caused the public to purchase firearms and ammo at what probably is a record rate. I believe the American citizens are much better armed than what they were a year ago.
    blitzburgh and gtfoxy like this.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock2201 View Post
    I have to agree with you on that. I think it is kind of ironic that the administration we have in office has voiced their wish for more gun control and it has caused the public to purchase firearms and ammo at what probably is a record rate. I believe the American citizens are much better armed than what they were a year ago.
    Yep. I know it is anecdotal, but my 65 year old aunt just bought her first gun. She did not even consider owning one until last November.
    NONAME762 likes this.

The antis keep repeating the same lies. They have been found out. This type of article is a regurgitation of there agenda that the American people are not buying.

Edit to add: OP do not be surprised if this gets shut down or moved. I has nothing to do with self defense....
    tcox4freedom and blitzburgh like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

This isn't self defense related. Wrong sub-forum.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

Pending Doom 0f Gun Ownership

For those of you who missed this, click on the link below as this is how the Anti's as well as those who want to subvert the Consititution are doing it via the mush brained lemur we are rasing/educating to become the leaders of our nation!

Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program

My RANT on the teacher's union has been deleted and censored by NSA! Or was it the Mods?

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    This isn't self defense related. Wrong sub-forum.
    Another member Corn-Fused by the "In The News"! Suggestion maybe an edit to: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - SD Events in the News
    atctimmy likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I only got through half of the article but what I read was bad.

On the one hand, it states that the NRA doesn't have any real power any more. On the other, it blames the NRA for its hold over politicians. Which is it?

I don't think the gun control movement is making any real headway in most of the country. What we had was a very emotional topic for a lot of people (much like 9/11) for a short period of time after Sandy Hook. It shocked a lot of people, but people have short memories and don't care about what doesn't personally affect them (in the long run). Those who were sitting the fence are still sitting the fence. Those who were anti or pro are more passionate about it. There are a lot of fence sitters that took a temporary position one way or the other. But, if gun control or 2A rights wasn't a major part of someones political ideology before Sandy Hook, it probably won't be that different in the next elections after the shock has been gone for a while.

The problem with liberalism is that it is emotion-driven. That leads to a lot of bad choices, but it is also harder to sustain, since you have to keep feeding those emotions in order to get the desired result. Those who didn't give two shakes about gun rights before Sandy Hook but became suddenly anti will be back on the fence until the next emotional agitation on the subject. The left will need to make sure those emotions are properly stoked come election time to get those people back into the ring.

What I think that articles like this really expose is the ignorance of what the NRA really is. There's a reason why it can do what it does: the 3 million+ members donate money to the cause. There are people who are supporting the NRA. They aren't some rogue organization that is acting apart from any sort of support or against the wishes of those who support it.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Wonder what number needs to be added to the results to get the real number of households with guns?

VIP Member

In their dreams...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    The NRA is bigger than it has ever been, gun sales have recently reached all-time highs, and Bloomberg just spent a chunk of change on lame ads which accomplished nothing. The article is a conglomeration of half-truth, outright fiction, magical thinking, confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    For those of you who missed this, click on the link below as this is how the Anti's as well as those who want to subvert the Consititution are doing it via the mush brained lemur we are rasing/educating to become the leaders of our nation!

Elementary School Beginning Toy Gun Turn-In Program

My RANT on the teacher's union has been deleted and censored by NSA! Or was it the Mods?
    I would hazard the guess your post was moderated by a Mod. Better that your post get moderated or deleted by a Mod than receive an Infraction.
    And that's all I got to say about that
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    This made me think of the parent that was at sandyhook the day of the shooting and hid in the meeting room.....i guess she wanted to save up her anger and rightous indignation for the media blitz after it was over.These people want to pass a law put it on file and stick their heads back up their.....in the sand ,return to condition white till the next atrocity.They have the audacity to pretend that gun owners are the ones that are carless about life.I wish i could be suprised.
    The easy way is always mined.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links