Quitting Caffine is now listed as a Mental Health Disorder and could disqualify you

Quitting Caffine is now listed as a Mental Health Disorder and could disqualify you

This is a discussion on Quitting Caffine is now listed as a Mental Health Disorder and could disqualify you within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WSJ Today in the personal Journal full page ad- I have this in front of me so No i didn't make this up ! Here ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Quitting Caffine is now listed as a Mental Health Disorder and could disqualify you

WSJ Today in the personal Journal full page ad- I have this in front of me so No i didn't make this up ! Here is a brief snippet -

Caffeine the most benign seeming drug of choice for many of us is now the basis of two official diagnosis in the Mental Health Bible released in May. The latest version of the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and stat manual of Mental Disorders, commonly referred to as DSM-5 includes both caffeine intoxication and withdrawal . These conditions are now considered mental disorders when they impair a persons ability to function in daily life ..

Say What ? A source was said to say " it is clinical meaningful diagnosis that could be useful to Psychiatrists and other health care workers seeing someone experiencing these symptoms......

So much for when you visit your Doctor, Quick Care.....Nope No Coffee..... Sir I will have to report this to the Affordable Health Care Office and the FBI since you are unstable for firearms . Do you currently own any ? Do you go to church? Do you belong to any Firearms related web sites ? Who do you send emails to ? Oh scratch that we already have all that information.....

Ad ad ... Do you know who took out the ad, who is paying for it?
    bigmacque likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yes, I know I could not function without my morning coffee (20 oz. total) and afternoon cokes (32 oz. total). I mean, I'm not even kidding.
    Cheesewiz likes this.

My word ad was not correct I guess a full page story ? It says by Sumath Reddy ....

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    My word ad was not correct I guess a full page story ? It says by Sumath Reddy ....
    Perhaps this is the article: The Coffee Withdrawal Diagnosis - WSJ.com, June 10 2013, by Sumath Reddy @ WSJ.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Perhaps this is the article: The Coffee Withdrawal Diagnosis - WSJ.com, June 10 2013, by Sumath Reddy @ WSJ.
    That's it . The problem I have is the collation with caffeine and the word association with Mental Health Disorder, because you know where this leads....Common sense does not and will not prevail . We have started down this road in some places, it starts out small and benign, then the association with Mental Health . I know what it says, but this is the kind of stuff that will haunt somebody in the future . Of course I am talking about your second amendment rights and EBC . Just my humble opinion :)

And Yes I love coffee

coffee.jpg

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My doc suggested I should quit cut back from drinking a whole pot of coffee daily. I didn't. Does that count?
    airslot, Rock and Glock and tdave like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My doc suggested I should quit cut back from drinking a whole pot of coffee daily. I didn't. Does that count?
    I can drink a cup and go to bed ! It does help me with an upset stomach for some odd reason ...
    airslot likes this.

So I guess the solution is to not quit.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

All my coffee went down with my guns in that boating accident .... I mean probably taken by Fast & Furious and sold south of the boarder .....Theft I tell you ! Nothing here to see move along ....

Cripes!...and I mentioned to the nurse at my doc's office today that I was feeling a little jittery after having more than my normal 1 cup of coffee this AM! Me and my big mouth!
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Cripes!...and I mentioned to the nurse at my doc's office today that I was feeling a little jittery after having more than my normal 1 cup of coffee this AM! Me and my big mouth!
    Dibs on guns and ammo!
    Dadsnugun and locotest like this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Everything is a disease these days.
    joker1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Yeah, you've got a disorder alright. Congenital 4th Degree Shakes / Next-Day Headache Disorder / Overburdened Whizzing Syndrome ...

Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Everything is a disease these days.
    We're doin' a number on ourselves, ain't we? Nobody's the cause and the problem. It's always something else. Personal responsibility doesn't quite have the same meaning it once did. Heck, I'm old enough to recall PR discussions while I was growing up. We still have them here. But I don't know of many people under the age of ~30yrs who even think of such things, generally, much less teach their own so they're instilled with a deep sense of it.

VIP Member
    Here are the operative words--- "when they impair a persons ability to function in daily life."
    Last edited by Hopyard; June 11th, 2013 at 07:48 PM. Reason: "word" to "words"
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links