2A - Protesters For Anti Colorado Lawmaker being paid $$ - Brake the law - Video

This is a discussion on 2A - Protesters For Anti Colorado Lawmaker being paid $$ - Brake the law - Video within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Real Title: BREAKING: Are Supporters of Recalled, Anti Gun Colorado Lawmaker Being Paid in Cash to Protest Illegally?!? GunsSaveLives.com June 13 2013 .....but it appears ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: 2A - Protesters For Anti Colorado Lawmaker being paid $$ - Brake the law - Video

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.

2A - Protesters For Anti Colorado Lawmaker being paid $$ - Brake the law - Video

Real Title: BREAKING: Are Supporters of Recalled, Anti Gun Colorado Lawmaker Being Paid in Cash to Protest Illegally?!?
    GunsSaveLives.com
    June 13 2013

.....but it appears that supporters of Angela Giron, the anti gun state senator from Colorado, who is in the process of being recalled by her constituents are being paid, in cash, by an unidentified man during an illegal protest that is harassing the legal operation of pro gun activists to secure recall signatures. One of the activists gathering recall signatures captured the video.

.....Pro gun supporters delivered about 20% more signatures than required to recall Giron this week and they are awaiting the validation of those signatures before a special election can take place in which Giron will have to defend her seat against a Republican challenger.

The recall efforts in Colorado are expected to have national repercussions. If successful it is expected that many anti gun lawmakers will back off the gun issue for fear of losing their seats as well.

My Comments: I tried several times to show the video, which has always been successful until this one. For this one, go to the link.

BREAKING: Are Supporters of Recalled, Anti Gun Colorado Lawmaker Being Paid in Cash to Protest Illegally?!?

2. Remove Ads

I watched the video. They were indeed being given something. I can't tell if it was money. On a more general point, I don't understand how the pro recall protesters can be forced to pack it in. Moved perhaps, but they do have a constitutional right to protest. If I were one of those protesters I would contest this forced silence of their opinions.

I live in Ms. Giron's district. The operative elements of the recall effort are, in my opinion:

1. Every member of the Colorado Legislature must swear an oath to support and uphold the Constitution of the State of Colorado, and

2. The Constitution of the State of Colorado states that the right to keep and bear arms "shall not be called in question".

There is simply no way that a legislator can allow debate in the legislature, speak in favor of restrictive gun control bills, or vote in favor of such bills without calling the right to keep and bear arms into question, thus violating the oath of office. I am glad to see the recall efforts targeting Ms. Giron and others in the Legislature, even if it results in no more than a strong message as to who is supposed to be responsible to whom. In some cases the recall petitions have received more signatures than the candidates received as votes in the general election!

I am not at all surprised to see thug tactics being employed by those political elements supporting Ms. Giron, and I would not be at all surprised to learn that the so-called "protestors" are being paid. Pueblo is a steel mill town with strong union activities, as well as an overwhelmingly Democrat voter registration; however I think some of these politicians are about to learn that most of our local Democrats are pretty conservative on most issues and they will not support some things like gun control legislation.

Political differences are dealt with at the "three boxes"; the soap box, the ballot box, and the bullet box. We are now at the soap box stage, and will soon be at the ballot box. I have every hope that these issues will be dealt with at the ballot box, and I don't think anyone ever wants to go to the bullet box. I'm just not sure that the politicians involves really understand that there is a very real possibility of that happening if they continue on the present course.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I watched the video. They were indeed being given something. I can't tell if it was money. On a more general point, I don't understand how the pro recall protesters can be forced to pack it in. Moved perhaps, but they do have a constitutional right to protest. If I were one of those protesters I would contest this forced silence of their opinions.
    The PRO recall voters were not forced to pack it in... they had a permit (apparently) to gather signatures on that spot. The Anti recall protesters were blocking the signs of the Pro recall protesters.

Just like your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. Your right to protest cannot interfere with mine...
    ccw9mm, carracer and Tzadik like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    The PRO recall voters were not forced to pack it in... they had a permit (apparently) to gather signatures on that spot. The Anti recall protesters were blocking the signs of the Pro recall protesters.

Just like your right to swing your fist ends at my nose. Your right to protest cannot interfere with mine...
    Ahh, I see. My apologies, I completely misjudged the situation. I will endeavor to pay better attention in the future.
    carracer likes this.

Links