Ammo Becoming More Available?

This is a discussion on Ammo Becoming More Available? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What a surprise. Went to Wally World on Sunday and saw the ammo case fairly well stocked. I didn't notice any 9mm since I shoot ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ammo Becoming More Available?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

What a surprise.
    Went to Wally World on Sunday and saw the ammo case fairly well stocked.
    I didn't notice any 9mm since I shoot .40, but still; Sunday at 3pm? Wow!
    Saw several boxes on 40 cal white box and Remington .270 130gr which I also shoot.

This makes me wonder:

Is the buying frenzy slowing down?
    Is the anti gun agenda on back burner because of the other scandals in in gov?
    Are the ammo makers finally catching up?
    All of the above?

Regardless; I was thrilled to buy 100 rnds of .40 for $36 bucks. Wally may not be everyone's fav store, but I gotta' hand it to them, they never raised their prices like so many other gun shops who tried to sell me 50 rnds of 40 cal at double the price!
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

It's winding down but I can bet those anti gun activists aren't done. I was just able to buy 300 rds of .38 for only $110.00 and 250 rds of.40 for $80.00

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    My LGS has ample ammo but little in the reloading department, which is what I'm looking for. .22 supply is still only the cheap, foreign stuff with a notice that it may not cycle semi-auto firearms.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I have been able to buy pretty much whatever factory rounds I want, except for .22LR. While 22.LR is available, my LGS has a cap on .22LR, but other calibers are pretty much open stock. The prices are pretty close to where they were a year ago, maybe a tad higher. Center fire case pricing is available for all but 9mm which is still priced at the box rate.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    OlDVet: Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone - 1978. Oh, to be young again...
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield
    Not to get off point but just again read your signature. I first read it as that you retired in 78, and would have put you in my age group. Not so, I retired in 77, you are one of those young "whipper snappers", compared to me.

Thank you for your service and those sacrifices made by your family while you served.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    The TOTAL buying obsession isn't over .... yet ..... as there are still those that have become so preoccupied with having to be at WW @ 6am they can not brake their habit, and then there are those too that buy there low to resell elsewhere high.

But US belonging too the majority of average masses, knowing we have plenty. Yes, production and supply is starting to catchup with demand. Also, prices are starting to return to somewhat of ah norm.

You can/will start finding 22lr for 3.8-cents a-round and 223/556 for 34-cents too 45-cents a-round, again; more so then not. Even at places like Bass, Cabela's, Gander, and some LGStores & LGShows prices are returning to the norm too.

VIP Member
    Not everywhere. The Bass Pro 5 minutes from me is still sporting empty shelves unless you shoot the oddball stuff.

I'm still buyin' online.

Yes, my LGS has far more ammo than 60 days ago...for 9mm PMC bronze 124 grain was $17.95 box, and 115 grain is $23.95/box. Their EBR display is full, they have one M-P Shield, extra mags + a boatload of Magpul Gen 2 for AR and a variety of other AR/AK 20-30 rd mags. The gen 2 magpul are $23.95...still high but plentiful.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

My favorite LGS is steadily becoming more well stocked in ammo. .22s are still pretty scarce. Reloading supplies are a bit hit or miss. Local WallyWorld is another story. Still empty shelves. I'm personally in good shape, but I still keep a check more out of curiosity to see if supply is catching up
    NRA Life Member

I still can't find .45 at the Wally World here so I being going to a local gun saleman I know, I will never let my guard down on this one.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5, Shield 9mm
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have been seeing everything coming back slowly also... BUT. I went to a shooting range Sunday and they had 500 round packs of .22lr and they wanted $100.00 bucks for it. I said...'seriously"? Then just walked out. I can understand raising the price a little, but not gouging that bad.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I'm still having a hard time finding carry ammo though.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I've been seeing it slowly creep in but I don't think its coming in at the rate you guys are reporting - at least in my neck of the woods.

I picked up some 00 Buck last week @ Wally World and prior to that, I haven't seen it there for some time. I bought it on Sunday and was surprised when the cashier told me that they have had it since Thursday. I'm also happy to report that I got it at normal price. ;-)

I have a friend that has been picking up some 9mm @ Wally World in the next town over from me. By the time I hear about it, its sold out again. ;-(

I was hoping to get some range time in the summer but it looks like I might have to hold out for fall and shoot some zombies. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    My LGS has ample ammo but little in the reloading department, which is what I'm looking for. .22 supply is still only the cheap, foreign stuff with a notice that it may not cycle semi-auto firearms.
    Say OV can ya give us the Brands of the El Cheapo 22 that may not cycle thru semi auto's properly? It should work fine in BA's and wheelguns doncha know
    Gracia Amigo
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Been watching the 10 WW stores around here and none have anything for handguns. Cabinets are empty all the time. So not sure if it's a state by state thing or WW is only shipping to certain markets. I haven't been able to buy any range 9mm for over a year at a reasonable price, the ammo scalpers are always in stock but I'll leave my guns in the safe until the prices return to normal. I think a lot of this is artificial by the manufacturers to drive up prices using supply and demand a lesson learned from the masterful Oil Companies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links