WA gun rights coalition will fight gun control initiative

This is a discussion on WA gun rights coalition will fight gun control initiative within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Washington groups launch fight against gun control initiative A coalition of some of the state’s firearms community leaders has launched a grassroots campaign to counter ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveWorkman

Thread: WA gun rights coalition will fight gun control initiative

Washington groups launch fight against gun control initiative

A coalition of some of the state’s firearms community leaders has launched a grassroots campaign to counter the well-financed gun control initiative backed by a Seattle-based gun control group, while also preventing firearms confiscation “by any government agency…without due process.”

Washington groups launch fight against gun control initiative - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

"This is the Alamo..."
    shadowwalker likes this.

So how do we get involved in it?

I'm glad to see this on a state level... All, or many of the pro gun groups coming together to join forces and funds to battle the deep pocketed elites.

I would love to see the same thing happen on the national level... all, or many of the pro gun groups come together, join forces and funds, and battle the deep pocketed elites.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I like it. Get the good guys together. Good to see the WAC supporting the initiative. I'm sure they could get a lot of signatures just at the gun shows.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by thrasherg View Post
    So how do we get involved in it?
    Details are in the column.

feel free to forward the link to all your buds so they can read it and see what is going on here in Washington.

Like the guy said at the meeting the other night...This is the Alamo.
    The line is drawn in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    I like it. Get the good guys together. Good to see the WAC supporting the initiative. I'm sure they could get a lot of signatures just at the gun shows.
    That's the plan. WAC wants to turn its members into an army of volunteers..

Gun control Goliath cries foul as David fights back

Within hours of yesterday’s announcement that Washington State gun rights leaders were mounting a defense against a big-money gun control initiative launched last week, the well-funded Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR) was crying foul in a blanket e-mail appealing for more money to pad its $1 million-plus war chest.

Gun control Goliath cries foul as David fights back - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

It's all about the $$$$ that's all it's ever going to be about...

Lawmakers want to know one thing: "Where's the money" and they follow it like little puppy dogs, because where the money is, they believe, is where the votes will follow...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Details are in the column.

feel free to forward the link to all your buds so they can read it and see what is going on here in Washington.

Like the guy said at the meeting the other night...This is the Alamo.
    The line is drawn in the sand.
    Dave,

It may be my ignorance of the process showing, but I think we're missing the boat by not allowing for people to somehow sign this petition now.

I'm guessing that emails/electronic signatures would not be acceptable in this process, but in addition to making a contribution and forwarding the article/URL to others, isn't there a way to capture the anger & frustration of potential I-591 signers NOW, rather than waiting for someone to come looking for me for a signature?

Or, can I (and others) send a "request for petitions may be sent to POGR at..." to do our own footwork for gathering signatures now?

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    Dave,

It may be my ignorance of the process showing, but I think we're missing the boat by not allowing for people to somehow sign this petition now.

I'm guessing that emails/electronic signatures would not be acceptable in this process, but in addition to making a contribution and forwarding the article/URL to others, isn't there a way to capture the anger & frustration of potential I-591 signers NOW, rather than waiting for someone to come looking for me for a signature?

Or, can I (and others) send a "request for petitions may be sent to POGR at..." to do our own footwork for gathering signatures now?
    Ric:
    A couple of thousand people DID sign the petition over the weekend, when it was first circulated, at the WAC gun show in Puyallup. Petitions were not available until Saturday morning.
    Petitions may be obtained by contacting

POGR
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005
    (425) 454-4911

yeson591@liberty.seanet.com

Dave,

Got it, thanks.
    I did send my request for copies of the petition to POGR yesterday...I have lots of friends who shoot, but who've never attended a gun show. That's the demographic I was referring to in my original question.

I'm thinking that if I can get even 20 new signatures on the petition (that otherwise would not have been there), it's worth my time...especially if other individuals like myself can do the same. 20 signatures here...20 more there...it all adds up.

Sponsored Links