PA Senator Alloway Propose Bill To Allow Residents To Get A LTCF in Adjacent Counties

This is a discussion on PA Senator Alloway Propose Bill To Allow Residents To Get A LTCF in Adjacent Counties within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In response to Philadelphia's ridiculous abuses of the LTCF (license to carry firearms) issuing problems Senator Alloway is working on a proposal that would allow ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dcdalton

Thread: PA Senator Alloway Propose Bill To Allow Residents To Get A LTCF in Adjacent Counties

PA Senator Alloway Propose Bill To Allow Residents To Get A LTCF in Adjacent Counties

In response to Philadelphia's ridiculous abuses of the LTCF (license to carry firearms) issuing problems Senator Alloway is working on a proposal that would allow residents to apply and receive licenses from adjacent counties.

Philadelphia Democrats are going to scream and yell and fight this one tooth and nail even though they refuse to admit the Philadelphia police are abusing the system so we need all Pennsylvania residents to show support to Senator Alloway on this idea.

You can contact the Senator through his website at Senator Richard Alloway - Pennsylvania's 33rd District

Proposal could ease concealed carry permitting in Philly ? NewsWorks
    blitzburgh likes this.
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely be contacting Sen. Alloway about this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I'll definitely be contacting Sen. Alloway about this.
    Please do!

I have already written him pledging our full support even if that means I need to bring 20-30 people to Harrisburg, this nonsense HAS to stop!

Thanks for anything you can do!
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by dcdalton View Post
    Please do!

I have already written him pledging our full support even if that means I need to bring 20-30 people to Harrisburg, this nonsense HAS to stop!

Thanks for anything you can do!
    I was born and raised in PA (Pittsburgh) but currently living in SC. I'm putting together a mass e-mail about the issue and the contact info to send to all my friends and relatives. Just about every single family member and friend of mine are pro-2A but unfortunately that doesn't mean they all keep tabs on what's going on.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I was of the impression that state gun laws trump municipalities laws. If you are referring to local LEO's in certain counties using bullying tactics, I'm all for it. As for Philly, I stay out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I was of the impression that state gun laws trump municipalities laws. If you are referring to local LEO's in certain counties using bullying tactics, I'm all for it. As for Philly, I stay out of there.
    You would be correct about state laws > local but many county sheriffs (and Philly) have flaunted the laws for years, and the only way to stop them is to get someone to put the money out to sue them.

Here in Monroe county we have a sheriff that requires a 2nd piece of identification (your local income tax return) and he will only accept references from people that live in Monroe county, both direct violations of state law.

The problem with the sheriffs are they are elected officials and have no 'supervision' from a state entity.

As far as Philly, well it's Philly and they think they can do whatever they want.

I am familiar with the "law" in Monroe County seeing that I get WNEPTV, you have my sympathy. The Sheriff in my county is very much pro CC.

It's about time! Philly has been doing anything it can to no issue LTCFs. Some people have gotten denied under the "character clause" for a single speeding ticket on their record!
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I quickly learned while working in NE Phila in 1980-82 the state was not the place for me. Corruption was widely spread and unabated throughout the PD's, public transit and the local and state governments.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    I am familiar with the "law" in Monroe County seeing that I get WNEPTV, you have my sympathy. The Sheriff in my county is very much pro CC.
    Well luckily (not to be cruel) Sheriff Martin is old and sick and will not be running for another term.

He's been real slick about how he has broken these laws without actually breaking them. What they do is refuse to accept an application if the extra tax form isn't included. If he accepted the paperwork and then refused to issue the license he would then be in violation of state law.

So a simple thing like refusing to accept the paperwork gets him around the laws without actually breaking them.

Links