Defensive Carry banner

Ohio bill requires confiscated firearms be sold at auction or to firearms dealers

563 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ring 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I agree with the sale of the weapons but the evidence storage area in most PD's are not well organized like the ones shown in/on the NCIS TV show. I have seen in many instances where property taken as evidence has been disposed of without an adequate effort to notify the legal owners that their property was available for release. Would this become the norm to not make every effort to notify the rightful owners if this bill is approved. In reading the bill I found nothing that would protect the rightful owners, but it is very explecit as to how the money generated from the sales were to be divided.

Did I miss the part where they referenced the notification of the rightful owners of the release of their property?

#4 ·
The governor of NC just sign a bill that prevents the destruction of guns here also.

#6 ·
What Gov in his right mind throws away a good source of income? Whole guns are worth a lot more than scrap metal.

#7 ·
Some P.D.s will disassemble confiscated firearms and part them out as a package - except for the serial numbered part which is destroyed.

Doing that is a decent source of additional income for a department.

#8 ·
My local PD has a rare Remington model 722 bolt action in .244 cal. rifle that has been in the evidence/weapons room since I first became involved with town government in 1979. A lame effort was made on several occasions to contact a family member of the owner, who is now deceased, to no avail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.