Defensive Carry banner

Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey Quits MAIG - Cites Anti Gun Stance Of Group

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  gtfoxy 
#1 ·
Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey announced his resignation from MAIG at a townhall appearance June 22nd stating the chief reason he left Bloomberg's group is because he thought the group would be against illegal guns but has instead become a group looking for ways to ban legal guns and attack the rights of legal gun owners.

Mayor of Illinois' Third-Largest City Quits Bloomberg Anti-Gun Group

At least some of them are waking up to what Bloomberg's real goal.

#6 ·
Quick! Someone fan the flames of sanity in IL before that precious spark goes out!

#7 ·
Many of the Mayors originally joined that because it seemed like the politically correct thing to do at the time but, they really didn't have any "skin, heart, or soul or money" in it and I think it will all fall apart pretty soon.

#13 ·
I was reading this on Facebook. My opinion is that this LIBTARD realized there would be a backlash from voters Not everywhere in Illinois is like Chicago. Yea, the good mayor is backtracking. He's trying to convince you he didn't think BLOOMIE'S intention was not to deter guns from those who shouldn't have them, but to make all guns illegal.... He knew when he signed up for it.... Either that, or is sooo stupid he shouldn't have office to begin with.

#16 ·
All people deserve to be forgiven if they admit their wrongs. He is no different.

Often times, those who feel they genuinely did wrong, & in an effort to make amends, sometimes become the most prolific and staunchest worker towards a given cause.

I offer the Apostle Paul as an example.

I can only hope he works half as hard as the example given.

#19 ·
To me it matters not whether he resigned from MAIG because of a true change of heart or for political expediency. The point is he did quit. If an elected official is representing me, I don't care what his personal reason is. He/she could be the biggest slimeball who ever lived (aren't all politicians slimeballs anyway?), but if his end actions are representing my philosophy, I'm OK with it.

#20 ·
Bellevue group wants Bloomberg investigated by NYAG

Bloomie actually belongs in BELLEVUE (Bellevue Hospital Center, most often referred to as "Bellevue", was founded on March 31, 1736 and is the oldest public hospital in the United States. Wikipedia) Bellevue is famous in NYC as the place to send VERY DISTURBED PEOPLE (The local joke is that when you go to BELLEVUE it's for psychiatric reasons )

#21 ·
Two Mayors Ditch Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Group

The mayors of Rockford, Ill., and Nashua, N.H., have decided to leave Mayors Against Illegal Guns, an advocacy group spearheaded by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg that pushes for new gun control laws.

Same same - another article on this. Let us hope this spreads like a wildfire in 90 MPH winds!

I guess little city Mayors are starting to understand that we Law Abiding Citizens will also hold them accountable (vote them out!).

Spread this word, far and wide!

Two Mayors Ditch Bloomberg's Anti-Gun Group - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

#22 ·
My opinion is that when the Bloomberg Doctrine didn't win over the general public (thus the voting public), the two mayors beat a hasty retreat to get back on the majority.

Reactions: Jeanlouise
#23 ·
Mayors Against Illegal Guns - Coalition Members

Here is a list of the mayors on their list.

I am glad that my sleepy little town does not have a mayor, yet a board of directors.

I recomend anyone with towns close to them with friends/ relatives opposed to this commi-group pass on the info and have them start lighting up their switch board.

Us getting involved and being vocal about these tards is the only way other mayors like these two will be convinced to do the same.

#24 ·
Surprise, surprise. MAIG is not against so-called illegal guns ... they're against all guns owned by citizens. Imagine that. :yup:

Can't see anything more pointless in the pursuit of crime elimination than focusing on everything but.

Can't see anything more pointless than being affiliated with an organization that seeks to destroy the Constitution (effectively in its charter/purpose).

Nice to see another person waking up to smell the cess pool, in terms of what these liberty-haters are really about. Though, it certainly begs the question of why these people didn't recognize the truth of the anti-constitution hatred of this group beforehand. Head in sand? Lack of intelligence? Political hacks, through and through? Who knows.

:congrats:

#25 ·
I'm glad he quit but really, did he think anything started by Bloomberg would be just against illegal guns?

Besides, who isn't against illegal guns? Do they really need an organized group for that? Silly Mayors.

I'm going to start my own group...CAM... "Citizens Against Murder" ...wanna join?

#26 ·
I'm glad he quit but really, did he think anything started by Bloomberg would be just against illegal guns?

Besides, who isn't against illegal guns? Do they really need an organized group for that? Silly Mayors.
One would think the intent is patently obvious. Either MAIG is merely political grand-standing, or it's lying about its motives. Either way, it's harmful. And if their practical results are any indication, they're all in breach of their sworn oaths to protect and defend the Constitution and directly toying with crimes against the Constitution. You're right: it's hard to imagine any of them don't see this for what it is, clear destruction of our constitutionally-protected liberties.

I'm going to start my own group...CAM... "Citizens Against Murder" ...wanna join?
I think we citizens should all join a voting group: Citizens Against Stupid Pretender Hirelings Infecting Our Nation (CASPHION) ... every time we vote. It'd likely have far greater impact. The "gift" that keeps on giving. Oh, yeah. Right between the eyes, via the ballot box.

#27 ·
The sleepy little towns don't have a population of bottom feeders to keep their elected officials in office. Eventually, Bloomie will run out of other people's money like the crooked Illinois politicians have by stealing it or spending it to stay in office. It costs the taxpayers of IL. 1.5 billion dollars a yr. just for the interest on money the state had to borrow to pay its obligations that they misappropriated the money that the sheeple were taxed for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.