Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey Quits MAIG - Cites Anti Gun Stance Of Group

This is a discussion on Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey Quits MAIG - Cites Anti Gun Stance Of Group within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey announced his resignation from MAIG at a townhall appearance June 22nd stating the chief reason he left Bloomberg's group is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey Quits MAIG - Cites Anti Gun Stance Of Group

Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey Quits MAIG - Cites Anti Gun Stance Of Group

Rockford Illinois Mayor Larry Morrissey announced his resignation from MAIG at a townhall appearance June 22nd stating the chief reason he left Bloomberg's group is because he thought the group would be against illegal guns but has instead become a group looking for ways to ban legal guns and attack the rights of legal gun owners.

Mayor of Illinois' Third-Largest City Quits Bloomberg Anti-Gun Group

At least some of them are waking up to what Bloomberg's real goal.
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    This post sparked my interest to look them up on Facebook and, I'll tell you what, I'm going to be having some fun with this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    This post sparked my interest to look them up on Facebook and, I'll tell you what, I'm going to be having some fun with this.
    HA, just to add salt into the wound, so to speak, it appears Bloomberg has been caught using taxpayer money to fund the MAIG website!

Mayor Bloomberg BUSTED? Using Taxpayer Money to Fund Mayors Against Illegal Guns : Freedom Outpost
    Eagleks likes this.
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

It shows people can see the light, let's hope it's catchy.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dcdalton View Post
    HA, just to add salt into the wound, so to speak, it appears Bloomberg has been caught using taxpayer money to fund the MAIG website!

Mayor Bloomberg BUSTED? Using Taxpayer Money to Fund Mayors Against Illegal Guns : Freedom Outpost
    My escapades were short lived this morning, before everything I posted was deleted and I was banned. Free speech blah blah blah lol.

I'm not surprised about the tax payer money!
    Last edited by DontTreadOnI; June 24th, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Jeanlouise and oneshot like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quick! Someone fan the flames of sanity in IL before that precious spark goes out!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Many of the Mayors originally joined that because it seemed like the politically correct thing to do at the time but, they really didn't have any "skin, heart, or soul or money" in it and I think it will all fall apart pretty soon.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

My escapades were short lived this morning, before everything I posted was deleted and I was banned. Free speech blah blah blah lol.

I'm not surprised about the tax payer money!
    Typical fare for this sort of thing. They have no respect for ANY Right, let alone the 2nd. Look at NYC stop & frisk BS.

I would turn around and walk away after asking to see a warrant if they tried that crap with me.

It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to see a Mayor turn on Bloomies big-city shenanigans.

It is interesting that he mentioned death threats. Lets see how many more he gets from the anti-gun nuts. They are way more violent than we are.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I do believe sometimes,there are some officials,so wrapped up,in politics,getting in front of a camera,getting some bs bill passed,and pounding their chest,they have forgot,how to use common sense,how be a normal person.

Oh, that ain't the half of it!

Bellevue group wants Bloomberg investigated by NYAG

Following weekend revelations that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) website is registered to a New York City government server and apparently administered by city employees, a Bellevue-based gun rights group wants New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate.

Bellevue group wants Bloomberg investigated by NYAG - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Wow. Just wow. This man (Bloomie) has absolutely no shame. I applaud Mayor Morrissey for seeing the light and having enough backbone to take a stand against this hypocrisy. I predict there will be more mayors doing the same.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Oh, that ain't the half of it!

Bellevue group wants Bloomberg investigated by NYAG

Following weekend revelations that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns (MAIG) website is registered to a New York City government server and apparently administered by city employees, a Bellevue-based gun rights group wants New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman to investigate.

Bellevue group wants Bloomberg investigated by NYAG - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    That's a bit like asking the fox to find out who's stealing the chickens.
    BugDude likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I was reading this on Facebook. My opinion is that this LIBTARD realized there would be a backlash from voters Not everywhere in Illinois is like Chicago. Yea, the good mayor is backtracking. He's trying to convince you he didn't think BLOOMIE'S intention was not to deter guns from those who shouldn't have them, but to make all guns illegal.... He knew when he signed up for it.... Either that, or is sooo stupid he shouldn't have office to begin with.
    Tzadik, GunGeezer and vilecanards like this.

The fact that he joined in the first place should be more than enough to keep him from holding elected office. Anyone who joins a group that openly despises our Constitution deserves to be blacklisted, and this guy is no exception.
    dukalmighty and vilecanards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdalton View Post

Where's the criminal charges here???

Of course, we've all been saying all along that it is actually "Mayors Against Legal Gun owners"...glad to see some others are starting to see the light. Wondering what took so long.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links