Let's peacefully protest MAIG....

This is a discussion on Let's peacefully protest MAIG.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was very disappointed to learn that I missed the MAIG rally in Nashville this morning. If I had known about it, I would have ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret
  • 1 Post By joker1
  • 1 Post By Fallschirmjäger

Thread: Let's peacefully protest MAIG....

Lightbulb Let's peacefully protest MAIG....

I was very disappointed to learn that I missed the MAIG rally in Nashville this morning. If I had known about it, I would have politely open carried there and toted a pro-2A sign. They are intentionally not disclosing the bus tour schedule so that pro-2A people like us cannot show up to protest.

I was thinking, why not post a thread that contains leaks on where they are going to be and when? If you go to their website and sign up for updates in your area, it gives you the latest one near you. You could publish it, here. Also, I have discovered a secret about their website. If you take this URL and append the name of a city they will be in, then if gives you the info for that city:

http:// act.demandaction.org/ signup/ NoMoreNamesRSVP

For instance, http:// act.demandaction.org/ signup/ NoMoreNamesRSVPlittlerock

(You will have to remove the spaces in this because I had to put them in for it to post correctly....Or just click here and then modify it once you get there...)

Here are the the cities they are going to be in next, that I know of...Hopefully, you all know of more than I do and can provide them via this thread...

Join Us for a Rally in Little Rock | Demand Action
    What: No More Names Rally
    When: Thursday, June 27th, 9:30 AM.
    Where: Riverwalk Pavilion
    400 President Clinton Avenue and Ottenheimer Street
    Little Rock, AR 72201

Join Us for a Rally in New Orleans | Demand Action
    What: No More Names Rally
    When: Saturday, June 29th, 10:00 AM
    Where: Duncan Plaza
    1300 Perdido Street
    New Orleans, LA 70112

Does anybody know where they will be on the 28th of June? Please help us identify where they will be next so that forum members can show up with signs. Be sure to actively protest this in a peaceful, lawful way but show that that like they "Demand a plan" we demand as a free people our 2A rights. Thank you!
    Last edited by perfection; June 26th, 2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: URL problem

2. Remove Ads

Don't you find it just a bit curious that they won't post the schedule?

Hmm, don't want to give the counter protestors a chance to organize, do they? Cowards!
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    Don't you find it just a bit curious that they won't post the schedule?

Hmm, don't want to give the counter protestors a chance to organize, do they? Cowards!
    Exactly.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    He does a tremendous amount of advertising but it appears it is having little effect nation wide and based on the attendance at his unannounced bus tour stops there are more pro 2nd Amendment supporters in attendance than Bloomberg lackeys. There is a mole within the MAIG organization from my local area. He is listed as a member but never applied for membership and will remain to glean as much info as possible. This individual has not been provided any advanced notification of the bus tour schedule or stops. This also augments the rumor that Bloomberg is very selective when providing info to the general membership. Does he have question as to the loyalty of the general membership? As always internal mistrust, if you are not trusted by your self appointed leader, how can you trust the leader, and will prove to be his downfall.
    perfection likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The name MAIG is a crock in the first place. That's just Bloomie's way to get people on board for the fight, which is actually OMAALGO. One Mayor Against All Legal Gun Owners. I seriously doubt that many would have jumped on board if the real name of the group was used. "Illegal Guns" has nothing to do with what this idiot's real vision is.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Speaking of moles...How about this for an idea? The website has a web form you can fill out to volunteer to read names at their silly event. What would it be like to volunteer to read names and then derail things by instead of saying names, just saying something like "I'm going to tell you how to keep your name off this list: Be prepared to defend yourself. The police may not get there on time. Be responsible for your own safety. Thank you very much." [exit stage gracefully...right before security tackles you].

Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Speaking of moles...How about this for an idea? The website has a web form you can fill out to volunteer to read names at their silly event. What would it be like to volunteer to read names [Approach microphone carrying a box of Krispy Kremes and a Big Gulp] and then derail things by instead of saying names, just saying something like "I'm going to tell you how to keep your name off this list: Be prepared to defend yourself. The police may not get there on time. Be responsible for your own safety. Thank you very much." [exit stage gracefully...right before security tackles you].
    Fixed it for you
    perfection likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

There should be an "Occupy MAIG" Facebook page so we can better keep track of them and use it to demonize them like Occupy NRA does to the the NRA.

We may or may not then give them a taste of their own medicine by banning and deleting any opposing views. But as we are on the right side, we would not need to necessarily.

Sounds like a good idea. Make sure you have a sign that reads Only Government Makes Guns Illegal.

Looks like only 3 people showed up to the Little Rock rally:

Gun Control Rally in Little Rock Attracts a Handful of Activists (VIDEO)

LOL. I think he is killing his own event by not announcing the schedule ahead of time. He'd rather have only 3 people than have the "gun nuts" know ahead of time and show up to protest...

Peacefully protest , waste of time the other side never does it. If you do not raise heck and make people miserable you get no where.
    peacefully protest no been there done that we got run over by the the blue fist liberals and their non peacefully ways.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I believe he cares less about the tour turn out, and has made no mention of it. It is being used as a small tool to keep hacking away at our gun rights and a means to show the people nation wide "Look What I am Doing For You" in an attempt to gain more support. His downfall will be if he attempts to mislead the press and people on the attendance at each stop and to date the tour has been a total failure.

I also believe he misread the amount of support that he would garner outside of NY, and to date, based on the bus tour, he has no supporters. His bus tour should send him a very clear message.

I as a young boy was told by my father to never trust a politician, but most of all don't trust a politician that is small of statute with close set eyes.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Is such a tour a wise use of time and resources if it isn't announced and only a few people show up? I thought the mayors had governing to do. Not that I'm complaining about them talking to crowds (used the word liberally) in other states rather than signing more garbage in their home states, but I wouldn't be to happy about my elected representatives spending all of their time on pet issues rather than doing what they are getting paid to do.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Poor Bloomie,,, his minions were outnumbered nearly 2:1 when they had their tepid little gathering at the Gold Dome in Atlanta. His bus suffered a "mysterious breakdown" and couldn't be given a warm Southern greeting.
    perfection likes this.

Links