Defensive Carry banner

a study ordered by Obama says guns save lives. ignored by the administration.

2K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  RightyLefty 
#1 ·
i know i`m preaching to the choir here as i`m sure that all the members of this forum are more or less pro gun.

some interesting findings for a study done by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, under the directive of the Centers for Disease Control done as part of the Executive Orders signed by President Obama earlier this year in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

Report on Guns, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Likely to be Harmed

direct link to the study without going through guns save lives.net

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence

#2 ·
i know i`m preaching to the choirs here as i`m sure that all the members of this forum are more or less pro gun.

some interesting findings for a study done by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council, under the directive of the Centers for Disease Control done as part of the Executive Orders signed by President Obama earlier this year in the wake of the Sandy Hook shootings.

Report on Guns, Ordered by Obama, Says Self Defense is Common, Gun Carriers Less Likely to be Harmed

direct link to the study without going through guns save lives.net

Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence
Interesting stuff. They sure avoid coming to any conclusions, as expected.

#12 ·
well it would appear that your quiche was left in the oven too long and has shriveled into a piece of charcoal that strangely resembles a Smith & Wesson M&P :tongue:

#15 ·
One thing to remember, before you go spouting numbers and statistics based on this report you need to make sure you READ the ENTIRE report. There are also many points made in the anti gun position and you need to be able to respond to those points in the report if you use the pro gun points. At least you won't be blindsided when asked about those points.

No better way to look the fool than to not know the other side of the coin you flip.

Reactions: oakchas
#17 ·
yes, report contains findings that support both sides, as should any unbiased studies. what i was trying to point out are the parts that debunk the most common myths used by antis. that guns are more likely to kill a family member and that a gun carried for SD will most likely be used against the victim.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.