Judge Blocks OC Law From Taking Place???

This is a discussion on Judge Blocks OC Law From Taking Place??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Apparently 3 days before it is no longer "illegal" to openly carry a firearm in MS, a Circuit Judge has "blocked" it for at least ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Judge Blocks OC Law From Taking Place???

Apparently 3 days before it is no longer "illegal" to openly carry a firearm in MS, a Circuit Judge has "blocked" it for at least a week. The AG has said it's too late for a challenge. I think 3 days is a little short notice, especially since the word has been out for months that it's ok to do so on July 1. I feel like LEO aren't going to be aware of this news. What's everyone else's opinion on this??

Heres the link to one of the articles I found on it: http://www.sunherald.com/2013/06/28/...s-gun-law.html

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "...We're looking at a wild, wild West scenario..."

Same old claim, never happens.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I see we share the same sentiment. I think all their claims are ridiculous. I wonder what's going to happen when people waiting for July 1 walk out openly armed that morning. Hopefully it doesn't get ugly from ignorance by citizens or LEO.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "...We're looking at a wild, wild West scenario..."

Same old claim, never happens.

At best (or, "worst"), there'll be a few more carriers out there, a bit more BG blood in the streets due to an up-tick in the GG survival rate in encounters. And likely there'll be some scared bliss-ninnies who are shocked at the sight of more armed folk around. But all of that's to be expected and manageable, not a crisis, certainly not a provocative "Wild West" scenario. All they need to do is look at how Utah went "open" all over the place, school campuses included, to see what's almost certain to occur. It's all good, actually, once the hubbub dies down.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If those that are against it play it right they can tie it up in courts for a long time.
    Look at IL. The Court ordered them to have CC in place by June 9th . Still no where in sight.

Just stay informed and up to date and encourage those you do know and those you don't know (if possible) to do the same. I'd hate to see anybody get their chops busted over a date change.

I sure wish OC would come to SC.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Look at IL.
    Don't do it! Avert your eyes! Save yourself!
    pittypat21, archer51, GH and 4 others like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I told a girl today,who sent in her ccp application,while she was waiting,to read over the laws again.It seems,a couple,here and there,get their permits,and don't keep up with the laws..

Personally,i wouldn't OC,if we got it,but,if it's someone else's thing,it certainly wouldn't bother me.

I am not a big proponent of OC, but here is the advice I put on my FB page:

There's been a lot of talk about the "open carry" law that goes into effect in July. Here is my advice on how to react to someone openly carrying a firearm: Ignore them.

I think that they will fall into two groups. Group 1 has not only made a decision to carry a firearm, but a commitment. They are going to follow the law and all the safety rules. You can sit and have a reasonable conversation with them. You can ignore the firearm, because it's no big deal.

Group 2 is carrying because they CAN! They are trying to make a statement. If you just ignore them, they can't complain that you are trying to trample on their rights. That takes all the fun out of it, so they will gradually fade away, leaving only Group 1. So just watch and observe, and you will probably be able to determine which group they belong to.

If you don't believe in carrying firearms, ignore the ones who do. Accosting Group 1 will just mean that you are causing a scene and you will be in trouble with the law. Accosting Group 2 just gives them the attention they are looking for and you will both get in trouble.

One more group: the "Moron who has no business being anywhere near a firearm". Subgroup 1: the guy who is dressed in his SWAT wannabe outfit with a tactical thigh holster. Just ignore him - he will get in trouble with the law all by himself. Subgroup 2: the guy who thinks it is a real funny joke to snatch someone's firearm out of the holster. DON'T ignore him!!! He just put EVERYONE in mortal danger, because he thinks it is a good idea to wave a loaded firearm around in a crowded room. There will be a fight, the gun will go off. Call everyone's attention to him before he can make a grab for the gun, then call the law.

Carrying a gun is a responsibility. It doesn't make you Superman, or a cop, or a security professional, and it definitely doesn't mean that you will automatically win the fight. If you carry a gun, be a part of Group 1. If you OC, invest in a good retention holster. That will help defend against the morons in group 3.

My thoughts, anyway.
    wrearick likes this.

No blood in the streets on NC from permit-less OC. But what else do you expect from SPLC.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    No blood in the streets on NC from permit-less OC. But what else do you expect from SPLC.
    Oh. Right.

It's almost assuredly false representation of the facts, then, if their track record of fanning flames is any indication.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

OMG blood running ankle deep in the streets, women and children won't be safe. The world as we know it will never be the same. Look at what is going on in Arizona......oh wait nothing has happened, so much for that argument.
    gasmitty and kukla like this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Just stay informed and up to date and encourage those you do know and those you don't know (if possible) to do the same. I'd hate to see anybody get their chops busted over a date change.

I sure wish OC would come to SC.
    While you're at it, get them to start recognizing ALL non-resident permits.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Oh. Right.

It's almost assuredly false representation of the facts, then, if their track record of fanning flames is any indication.
    And their track record of a supporter attempting to commit mass murder at an agency they listed. They should really be more careful how they speak. Some of their supports seem unstable and violent.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Interesting . . . the article is gone. Wonder why?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links