New Laws Kick In Tomorrow In CO

This is a discussion on New Laws Kick In Tomorrow In CO within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So I guess tomorrow we're gonna experience part of Hickenloopers plan for gun control until 2014. -No magazines greater than 15 rds (all currently owned ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New Laws Kick In Tomorrow In CO

So I guess tomorrow we're gonna experience part of Hickenloopers plan for gun control until 2014.

-No magazines greater than 15 rds (all currently owned mags over 15 are legal, just illegal to sell privately or in retail)
    -No more private sale of firearms without a background check from an FFL.
    -Customer pays the price of the background check of $35
    MagPul is gonna have the best public relations event in the world. Who doesn't like free Hi-Cap magazines?!
    http://www.denverpost.com/commented/...commented-news
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Universal background checks: Law requires checks be run for private gun sales. Previously, background checks were only required for the retail sale of guns.
    I can see it now!

Sell your holster - give the gun away!
    BlueHawk76 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

What happened to Co., it use to be such a good state?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

My guess iz that Californians got tired of the communist state they created, and moved to the free state of Colorado

Whereupon, they determined it wasn't enough like Cali... So they voted for their own version of "Hope and Change"

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I can see it now!

Sell your holster - give the gun away!
    Bahaha I get it!
    Attached Images
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    My guess iz that Californians got tired of the communist state they created, and moved to the free state of Colorado

Whereupon, they determined it wasn't enough like Cali... So they voted for their own version of "Hope and Change"

That's about the size of it.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    What happened to Co., it use to be such a good state?
    Off the top of my head people from the northeast moved there ( non gun people)

I don't know man, I wouldn't necessarily blame the people of CO so much as the people who are running it. We've got a lot of Blue-Blooded folks here, but they sure as hell don't outnumber us. I can OC all day long here and no one really bats an eyelash at me. Hell we've already got 53 sheriffs lined up for a suit against the state and they fully back the opposition to these new bills. And to go on top of that a local group just turned in 16,000+ votes for a recall on the president of the senate John Morse. Now that's progress!
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

I have some idiots from NJ around here too. Otherwise the left coast is becoming well represented.

We have winner. I wonder where they will relocate to "because CO is all hosed up". Bless their heart, they don't realize they are the problem.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar

Yup,Looks like the Kommiefornians are taking over. We Need to just WALL those libertards IN.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    Off the top of my head people from the northeast moved there ( non gun people)
    Not all of them, many moved to Florida and are now attempting to change Florida to NY State South. I have a standing offer to any NY'ers that recently moved to Florida, I'll pay for their return ticket if they take a Canadian with you......that is also an open offer to Debbie Waserman-Schultz without the need of taking a Canadian with her.
    Spirit51, darbo and welder516 like this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Did any of you Coloradans go to the festival? I'm curious how Magpul handled the giveaway. The article states:

The Erie-based magazine and accessory manufacturer plans to give away 1,500 free 30-round magazines to attendees ages 18 and older at a "A Farewell to Arms" festival on Saturday...The magazines will be dropped from the air onto the crowd.

I'm hoping they didn't just drop the mags from the air. I have to believe that this was a misunderstanding on the part of the author. I think I remember reading something about them planning to give them away at a booth, so they could verify people's age, etc.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The courts hear the case on the injunction of for the laws on the 10th. It is expected there will be an injunction on at the Magazine Ban.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Did any of you Coloradans go to the festival? I'm curious how Magpul handled the giveaway. The article states:

The Erie-based magazine and accessory manufacturer plans to give away 1,500 free 30-round magazines to attendees ages 18 and older at a "A Farewell to Arms" festival on Saturday...The magazines will be dropped from the air onto the crowd.

I'm hoping they didn't just drop the mags form the air. I believe I remember reading something about them planning to give them away at a booth, so they could verify people's age, etc.
    I was there. Pretty good turnout.

My wife and I walked away with our free 30-round magazines and I had pre-ordered 3 additional ones with my ticket. We also supported Magpul by buying a t-shirt each (wore mine to a church event today).

No, the magazines weren't dropped from the sky. They had a helicopter fly in with Dana Loesch (key note speaker) and a few boxes. I think they already had most of the boxes in the stadium, but I could be wrong. The boxes from the helicopter were carried in.
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links