Won't stop 2nd amendment infringing after Govenor Veto

This is a discussion on Won't stop 2nd amendment infringing after Govenor Veto within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok, enough is enough . The endless attack on our 2nd amendment rights keeps on coming . Bloomberg and his millions of dollars after the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Won't stop 2nd amendment infringing after Govenor Veto

Ok, enough is enough . The endless attack on our 2nd amendment rights keeps on coming . Bloomberg and his millions of dollars after the Natlional Refusal by the people , then a State attack that was again defeated and Vetoed by our Govenor after overwhelming support by WE THE PEOPLE are at it again .

Giffords to push expanded background checks in Vegas

Former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who was wounded in a mass shooting during a public event in Arizona in 2011, is slated to kick off a tour Monday in Las Vegas in support of expanded weapons background checks.

She and her husband Mark Kelly are scheduled to tour seven states in seven days as part of the "Rights and Responsibilities Tour."

According to organizers, Giffords and Kelly, who have been visible advocates for tighter gun regulations, planned to visit a number of gun ranges in the area.

The tour at Las Vegas gun ranges is slated to precede discussions with community leaders regarding regulations and gun violence.

Tour organizers noted more people in Nevada have recently sided with expanded background checks, citing latest poll information.

According to Americans for Responsible Solutions, 84 percent of voters supported expanded background checks, including 83 percent of gun owners and 69 percent of National Rifle Association households.

"I've been around guns my whole life," said former astronaut Kelly. "I know that as an American, my right to own a firearm goes hand in hand with my obligation to be a responsible gun owner and to do my part to make sure guns don't fall into the hands of criminals or dangerously mentally ill people."

Gun owners, law enforcement and various community leaders were slated to join Giffords and Kelly for their visit.

Ok STOP ! Enough already ! What part of not in this state don't you understand ? :

For more information visit

http://americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/
    Last edited by Cheesewiz; July 1st, 2013 at 07:28 PM.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

If you are a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment I am hoping you are just as strong supporter of the 1st. They have every right to go around the country and give their opinion about what should be done, no matter how misinformed that opinion might be. We as gun owners need to calmly explain why they are wrong and why expanded background checks are not going "end the problem of gun violence". Until people learn that guns are a tool used in the violence and not the cause we will get these people saying these things.
    joker1 and sensei2 like this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    If they have a problem with the background cks,then,they should worry about their state.Don't need to bring that mess to our state,it's fine.

I will admit,i may be wrong,but,i have to wonder,if there is an ulterior motive.

I never said anyone does not have the right to say anything , I'm tired of it ! It was vetoed ! End of story . Move on ! I do have a issue with the false numbers and polls . If there so called 84 % or voters support EBC and 83% of gun owners support EBC, and 69% of NRA members support EBC it would have passed at a Natl level and the recent defeat at our state level ... Period
    Stoveman likes this.

If I owned and operated a shooting range that was slated to be visited by Gifford and her merry band of ne'r do wells I'd have 5 or 6 off duty LEO on duty at the front doors of my facility. Upon arrival of those people I would instruct the officers these people are NOT welcome here. They're to be advised of that and if you stay you will be Trespassed and to take them into custody.

Then the night before I would pray that Giffords and her crew try to start up some ship so my officers would have no choice but to arrest them and haul their butts off to the Pokey. FOREVER WOULD BE FINE WITH ME.
    shadowwalker likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!! Sent via Hemp string and C Rat cans
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    If they have a problem with the background cks,then,they should worry about their state.Don't need to bring that mess to our state,it's fine.

I will admit,i may be wrong,but,i have to wonder,if there is an ulterior motive.
    Of course they have an ulterior motive MandPgrl!!!!!!!!! You know it, I know it and everbody else here knows it.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!! Sent via Hemp string and C Rat cans
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

90% of Americans Support this ...Really ? Where did you pull that out of?

Hosted by Americans for Responsible Solutions, the Rights and Responsibilities Tour is a week-long, seven-state tour that mobilizes an unlikely coalition of supporters to call for the immediate passage of common-sense gun safety laws – that 90 percent of Americans support – at the state and federal levels. The tour reminds us the week of Independence Day that with rights come equally important responsibilities: we can celebrate responsible gun ownership and promote common-sense gun safety laws that protect our communities from gun violence.

On January 8, 2013 – the second anniversary of the horrific Tucson shooting where a mentally ill young man shot Congresswoman Gabby Giffords in the head, killing six of her constituents and wounding 12 others – Gabby and her husband, retired Navy Captain and astronaut Mark Kelly, launched Americans for Responsible Solutions – a 501(c)(4) advocacy organization and political action committee – to encourage elected officials to stand up for common-sense solutions to prevent gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership.

Until now, the gun lobby’s political contributions, advertising and lobbying have dwarfed the influence of average, law abiding citizens. No longer. Americans for Responsible Solutions is engaging millions of people who are committed to finding sensible ways to reduce gun violence and supporting lawmakers who are willing to take a stand for responsible policies.

Research shows that gun owners can support gun safety, and Americans without guns can support gun owners so we must demand more since doing nothing while others are in danger is not the American way. During the tour, Gabby and Mark will join supporters in states to thank senators who voted in favor of the Manchin-Toomey bill – and to show those who voted against it that there is broad public support in their states for them to change their votes. The tour will involve a diverse collection of local stakeholders in events, including visits to shooting ranges, roundtable discussions about gun safety legislation, appearances at public events and press conferences to promote the efforts.

RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBLITIES TOUR SCHEDULE

Monday, July 1 – Las Vegas, NV
    Tuesday, July 2 – Anchorage, AK
    Wednesday, July 3 – Bismarck & Fargo, ND
    Thursday, July 4 – Cincinnati, OH
    Friday, July 5 – Manchester, NH
    Saturday, July 6 – Portland, ME

Oh and this BS above also means the Following ...Stay with me here .....Bans ....Bans ....EBC

From their website ..........not my words ....

Universal background checks for gun purchases.
    Currently, the private sales "loophole" exempts an estimated 40 percent of gun purchases from background checks, which are meant to ensure criminals and the mentally ill don’t acquire guns.

Limit high capacity magazines.

Magazines with a capacity of 30 bullets and more have been used to perpetrate mass shootings, like those in Tucson, Aurora, and Newtown.

Ban assault weapons.

Assault weapons are high velocity, semi automatic rifles with features designed for military combat situations.
    Enact stricter laws against gun trafficking.

Currently, “straw purchasers” of guns face only minimal penalties when they transfer guns to prohibited owners. Congress can limit transfer of guns to criminals and provide stiffer penalties against drug trafficking.
    Step up Justice Department prosecutions of felons and others who attempt to purchase firearms but are not lawfully permitted to.

In 2009, the FBI referred 71,000 cases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), but U.S. attorneys prosecuted only 77.

Address mental illness.
    Greater focus on identifying and treating the mentally ill can help society identify and treat those in distress before they commit heinous crimes.

Distinguished Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Lets be honest here, it has nothing to do with being "misinformed" these people are very well informed. Freedom and Liberty just do not have any place in their agenda.
    They do not give a rats posterior for my rights. I really do not care about "their" rights, but I do care about what kind of country we are going to turn over to our children and grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    For more information on the Rights and Responsibilities Tour, you can visitamericansforresponsiblesolutions.org.
    Corrected link: Americans for Responsible Solutions .

Quote Originally Posted by From their web site's details
    Paid for by Americans for Responsible Solutions, a section 501(c)(4) issue advocacy organization, and Americans for Responsible Solutions PAC, a federal political committee. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.
    Amazing. Tax breaks for eviscerators and oath-breakers of the Constitution. IOW, paid with funds stolen from us to destroy our Constitution. Our tax dollars hard at work.

Funny, how the liberty-haters have these euphemisms for names of things. Instead of "Americans for Responsible Solutions," if they had an ounce of integrity they would name themselves "UnAmerican Citizens for Evisceration of the Constitution." They choose the smoke screen. We choose the truth.
    Cheesewiz and msgt/ret like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Proof that getting shot doesn't make you any smarter on gun laws. Has anyone checked to make sure she doesn't have PTSD? If she does, we need to take away HER guns.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    She was a dope before she got shot....

How many people get in an accident and then start a crusade for stricter car registration? Or stricter background checks for potential drivers?
    msgt/ret likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

If you are a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment I am hoping you are just as strong supporter of the 1st. They have every right to go around the country and give their opinion about what should be done, no matter how misinformed that opinion might be. We as gun owners need to calmly explain why they are wrong and why expanded background checks are not going "end the problem of gun violence". Until people learn that guns are a tool used in the violence and not the cause we will get these people saying these things.
    I would have to disagree that going around the country with falsely trumped up information and poll numbers in a concentrated effort to do something patently forbidden by the 2A and therefore illegal is tantamount to conspiracy to commit a high criminal offence. Also a breach of oath of office and the result should be at very least ejection from office and prosecution. They are just doing it in the open because they can get by with it because 2A has been weakened by SCOTUS and no one seems to interested in upholding the oath they took by filing criminal charges.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I would have to disagree that going around the country with falsely trumped up information and poll numbers in a concentrated effort to do something patently forbidden by the 2A and therefore illegal is tantamount to conspiracy to commit a high criminal offence. Also a breach of oath of office and the result should be at very least ejection from office and prosecution. They are just doing it in the open because they can get by with it because 2A has been weakened by SCOTUS and no one seems to interested in upholding the oath they took by filing criminal charges.
    Giffords is no longer in office. She quit. I think there is something to this PTSD thing though and I think Mark Kelly has it too. Maybe their 2A rights should be suspended so they can see how they like it. Notice I said suspended; not revoked.
    The three most important components of stopping power are: bullet placement, bullet placement, bullet placement.
    -Evan Marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer928 View Post
    Giffords is no longer in office. She quit. I think there is something to this PTSD thing though and I think Mark Kelly has it too. Maybe their 2A rights should be suspended so they can see how they like it. Notice I said suspended; not revoked.
    By what authority?

I'm willing to allow them to speak their minds, 1A and all, to fight for their (and my) rights to do so, tooth-and-nail. But we've got to be careful about wishing infringements upon anyone, like thinking suspension or revocation of a protected liberty is kosher under any circumstances. Even in the case of a lefty anti-gunner who'd as soon blast the Constitution as anyone. I'm sure you were just joking, but still.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links