Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets

This is a discussion on Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; http://news.yahoo.com/s/wtae/20061122/lo_wtae/10376185 Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets Wed Nov 22, 1:05 AM ET A frightening new gun has found a place on Pittsburgh streets. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets

http://news.yahoo.com/s/wtae/20061122/lo_wtae/10376185

Frightening New Gun Appears On Pittsburgh Streets Wed Nov 22, 1:05 AM ET

A frightening new gun has found a place on Pittsburgh streets.

The scariest part of the newest member of the fad gun family, which includes the pen gun and the wallet gun, is that it is completely legal.

One local private eye had a lot to say about the new gun.

?The only purpose of these weapons is to maim or kill,? said Istvan BaLogh, a private eye that has encountered the gun on the job.

The G.R.A.D RS-1 .22 caliber gun holds five rounds and retails for around $1,000.

The manufacturer of the gun has gone out of business since making the gun.

http://www.autoweapons.com/photosv/gradrs1.html
    Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (20.2 KB, 38 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (31.3 KB, 73 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (21.2 KB, 47 views)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Well, that looks about completely useless. In order to hit anything you'd have to be in knife range anyway.

Let's get some more gun control though. We have to keep these awful devices off the streets.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

wow frightening! what a load of you-know-what!
    Is that classified as an NFA AOW?

It is time for the BS flag to appear and the liberals to be penalized for concocting yet another lie.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

That story doesn't even have a byline?!

The scariest part of the newest member of the fad gun family, which includes the pen gun and the wallet gun, is that it is completely legal.
    That would be legal for people who are not already criminals, which are really the only ones we should be worried about.

Are these morons saying that wallet guns are legal now...

VIP Member
    It may have "appeared" on the streets, but the city of Pittsburg should have "comfort" in knowing that the company is no longer in operation, so there might be...what? One or two of those "deadly killing machines" at most in their fair city.....

....mountain...meet molehill.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    Is that classified as an NFA AOW?
    Yes it is. That exact same model knife was sold by a class III dealer at our last gun show in amongst the cans, SBR's, and full auto stuff. If I remember correctly, it held five shots in the grip, via a revolving cylinder and the bullets exited from the blade end. The dealer was asking $350 for it. For that much, I could buy a REAL knife, like a Chris Reeve Project 1. More usefull too.

Senior Member Array Joshua M. Smith's Avatar
    Oh geez!

This things have been around since at least the turn of the century! They had the old ones featured on some gun show, History of the Gun I believe, just last night!

At the range in which these things would be used... wouldn't the blade be way more effetive than a few .22 holes anyway?

Josh <><

Right up there with the swiss minigun (Colt python replica) and how dangerous those things were....not as dangerous as my BB pistol!
    Armed & Dangerous...and Inconspicuous...

You have to remember, any gun to these people are "scary new guns out on the street".

Pen guns have been around for ages and yes, they are Class III's so anyone that has one, unless it was stolen, has to go through the background check and pay the tax ( $5 for that IIRC which isn't alot but I doubt any BG is going to submit fingerprints to the ATFE ).

As far as "to maim and kill", any weapon can do that, including "weapons" that you just pick up like rocks, boards, nails, etc...

I'm really starting to get sick and tired of all these sheeple crying and whining about "weapons". If they are that stupid or scared then maybe they should just find a mental institution and check themselves in so they can be "safe".

I'm finding in my old age that my tolerance levels for these kinds of people has gone from little to nil.

/sorry for the rant/

BTW, I was thinking of getting the Pen gun just for s&g's but I have to build my AR-15 SBR before I do that.

PS, anyone have a 10.5" .223 upper for sale

Wayne

Talk about a gift for the mall ninja that has everything. (joking, of course)

I don't see why its a big deal. It's not like its in the shape of a teddy bear. It's a gun in the shape of a combat knife, both can hurt you. Neither will fool anyone into thinking it's harmless. It's really kind of stupid. If it was shaped like a baby rattle maybe it would be something to worry about. It just seems like overpriced consumer crap to me. The knife would leave a bigger hole than the stupid .22 rounds! Only in America could you find this thing. I'm surprised they didn't advertise it as the "Ultimate Rambo Survivor knife! Get yours before it gets you"! ha ha ha
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Ummm, actually a knife with a .22 in the handle was used by a mossad agent for "up close and personal" problem solving. He said it was effective in the right circumstances.

In the hands of an untrained street punk I'm much less worried.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCruisr View Post
    Ummm, actually a knife with a .22 in the handle was used by a mossad agent for "up close and personal" problem solving. He said it was effective in the right circumstances.

In the hands of an untrained street punk I'm much less worried.

I can think of much better covert problem solvers than this thing. Remember the cell phone .22? Now that things kinda scary.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Bando; November 24th, 2006 at 02:57 PM.
    The Problem: When stupid people do stupid things, smart people end up getting killed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links