Where's the rage?

This is a discussion on Where's the rage? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was watching the History channel this evening where they happened to show a reenactment of a president being sworn in. With his hand on ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Where's the rage?

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar

Where's the rage?

I was watching the History channel this evening where they happened to show a reenactment of a president being sworn in. With his hand on the Bible, he swears to defend, preserve and protect the Constitution of the US. Nowhere does it say to ignore it! The words gun control should not be allowed to be uttered by elected officials as they should be considered acts of treason. I know the whole premise sounds naive and simplistic, but why am I the only one who finds my blood pressure climbing when I hear Congresspersons, governors, president and VP advocating the abrogation of the 2A?

2. Remove Ads

^ GG, I agree completely.

Until we hold their faces to the fire each and every time they deliberately and actively seek destruction or circumvention of the Constitution's guarantees of liberties, we should hold them fully and completely accountable. To the point of charges of breach of sworn public oath, crimes against the Constitution and, in certain cases, treason. Until we do that, we're not going to shove these vampires back into their coffins, and we're all too likely to end up with shreds of paper instead of a Constitution.

"Rage" isn't the word for it, though.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Ultimately the voters are responsible for who gets elected. Just us showing up to cast our single vote on election day isn't enough anymore, we have to get involved in some candidates campaign with donations of money or time. We must encourage others to the polls. We have to outwork the competition.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You arent the only one that thinks that way OP.
    TJDN likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

It'd be respectable if they at least talked about amending the Constitution. The current system is nickle-and-diming through the backdoor.
    Tzadik likes this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I was watching the History channel this evening where they happened to show a reenactment of a president being sworn in. With his hand on the Bible, he swears to defend, preserve and protect the Constitution of the US. Nowhere does it say to ignore it! The words gun control should not be allowed to be uttered by elected officials as they should be considered acts of treason. I know the whole premise sounds naive and simplistic, but why am I the only one who finds my blood pressure climbing when I hear Congresspersons, governors, president and VP advocating the abrogation of the 2A?
    I can assure you that you are not the only one, but remember, big brother is monitoring everything and what you say and express can come back to haunt you.. And a IP address is just as good as a phone number.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    I can assure you that you are not the only one, but remember, big brother is monitoring everything and what you say and express can come back to haunt you.. And a IP address is just as good as a phone number.
    The last time I heard this country had freedom of speech. I don't think the MIB will burden themselves with the spoken word. Now if you act on these words, that is quite possibly a different story. They do not have enough personnel to account for every discontent, especially with the current administration.
    I'll let you know if they show up.
    mg27 likes this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    The last time I heard this country had freedom of speech. I don't think the MIB will burden themselves with the spoken word. Now if you act on these words, that is quite possibly a different story. They do not have enough personnel to account for every discontent, especially with the current administration.
    I'll let you know if they show up.
    You may very well be correct there.. However, this administration is unlike any other in years gone past. I personally wouldn't put anything past the folks running it nowadays.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    It can be summed up in one word "conditioning"

We still have Freedom of Speach....We do not have privacy
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

MJK
    Perhaps I am simple-minded about this but the constitution defines the box within which our republic form of governance must operate. I truly welcome robust debate culminating in laws by which we must abide to ensure an orderly society; just don't cross that bright red line enshrined in the constitution and its amendments!
    Tzadik and gtfoxy like this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

When you elected Obama the second time you said good by to the Constitution as we knew it.
    It is no longer the law of the land nor the standard to judge laws and legislation by. It has been rule ruled out dated and no longer valid.
    And it will no longer ever be.

Every Independence Day I have a ritual of sorts that go through. I read the Declaration of Independence and compare the list of grievances against King George to what is happening in the United States today. Some of the parallels are too close. Try it,, it's enlightening.
    gtfoxy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzadik View Post
    Every Independence Day I have a ritual of sorts that go through. I read the Declaration of Independence and compare the list of grievances against King George to what is happening in the United States today. Some of the parallels are too close. Try it,, it's enlightening.
    I BBQ
    Badey, Darrow75 and gtfoxy like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We still have Freedom of Speach....We do not have privacy
    Yeah, you are free to say anything you like. Here is a list of things you like........
    BlueHawk76 and Xader like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links