Bloomberg Hosts Fundraiser For Manchin in Bloomberg's NYC Home

This is a discussion on Bloomberg Hosts Fundraiser For Manchin in Bloomberg's NYC Home within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If you thought for one second West Virginia's Senator Manchin was on some liberal's payroll here's the 'smoking gun' Michael Bloomberg Will Host Fundraiser For ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Eagleks
  • 2 Post By Once
  • 2 Post By Inspector71

Thread: Bloomberg Hosts Fundraiser For Manchin in Bloomberg's NYC Home

Bloomberg Hosts Fundraiser For Manchin in Bloomberg's NYC Home

If you thought for one second West Virginia's Senator Manchin was on some liberal's payroll here's the 'smoking gun'

Michael Bloomberg Will Host Fundraiser For Joe Manchin
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

2. Remove Ads

I would imagine that after decieving his WV constituents no amount of money can get him elected again.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

No disrespect here but...

You don't understand WV democrats. Sir Robert (The Byrd) savaged gun rights and the American public for extravagant tax waste for decades. NRA member WV democrats would elect to have his corpse re-elected to office as a door stop.

I am a WV native and I can't begin to understand it. I have seen gun owners stand in line to have a picture taken with that notorious gun grabbing liberal. Beats the bugs to fighting as to why, but that's the was it was and will be with Manchin, as his father was the WV staple A. James Manchin.

Starznbars

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I would imagine that after decieving his WV constituents no amount of money can get him elected again.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

They don't even try to hide the 'pay-offs' anymore.
    Warrior1256 likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    I would suspicion you're right about that. That is, as long as this whole debacle has awakened the giant of "we the people" in WV, which is still to be determined. Starsnbars is right about WV politics. WV has a split personality, politically. Somewhat conservative, yet continually elects liberals to public office. Since becoming a state resident I have been trying to understand it, yet the source and reason for this trait continue to evade me.

VIP Member
    Doing fundraisers now for a 2018 re-election bid seems a bit premature.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    They don't even try to hide the 'pay-offs' anymore.
    I am a native of WV, moving to Kentucky in 2011. When Manchin ran to fill Robert Byrd's unexpired term in the senate I tried to tell everyone that it was obvious from past actions that Manchin would be nothing but a lackie for Obummer. Sadly he is proving me right.

Unabashed trolling for dollars ... influence peddling at its finest, unashamedly splashed across the front pages for all to see, uncaring what folks think of such things.

They ought to call the gathering Scratchin' Manchin's Back /or/ Favors For Sale Here /or/ Bloomers Begs Boomers.

Either way, a "bribed" senator becomes "their guy" through such methods, despite ostensibly being your guy. A system that's "worked" for a couple hundred years.

Lady Liberty and Lady Justice (Themis) need to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Doing fundraisers now for a 2018 re-election bid seems a bit premature.
    Unless it's a ruse to really raise funds for a reiterated assault on the Constitution via the 2A. Per Bloomers' stated claims, it's to reward the chief anti-gunner compromiser and to punish the flip-flopping examples of anti-gunners who jumped ship on the S.649 votes. Don't see much 2018 in the cards, on that score, other than generally down the road.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

It may be a lot of WV older voters are like my mother and father were.

My parents could have been my grand parents ( i was born when my mom was 45) my only sister is 18 yrs older than me and age wise could have been my mother. I am 54 now

My mom was a Republican and my Father a Democrat. Here whatever your family was you were also at that time or you were pretty much disowned lol. Now my parents would faithfully put on their sunday go to meetin duds, go to the polls and promptly vote straight ticket respectively. In essence for most their adult life they simply went and cancelled each others vote out. Knowingly. I think they only voted once for the same president and that was Ronald Reagan.

Old time Dems werent what the current crop of Dems are now. They were at least here and in a lot ways still that way in ky, fairly conservative and pro gun but anti big buisness and more pro union. I think that is why in ky its very gun friendly. Both parties are for the most part pro gun if they do differ in some other areas.

Perhaps in WV its partly the older voters like my late mom and pop that will vote party come rain or shine cuz that is what my pappy and maw voted????
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    And when Big Brother Bloomberg walked into the room the minions chanted
    LONG LIVE BIG BROTHER!! LONG LIVE BIG BROTHER!!
    then " can I have some money Big Brother?"
    Ghost1958 and SmokinFool like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Once View Post
    And when Big Brother Bloomberg walked into the room the minions chanted
    LONG LIVE BIG BROTHER!! LONG LIVE BIG BROTHER!!
    then " can I have some money Big Brother?"
    Unfortunately for the future of our Country, you are completely correct in your assessment.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    The "War on Coal" may make West Virginians take a different view of the liberals during the next election.
    Ghost1958 and Doghandler like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Links