Six States Plotting Insurance Attack on Gun Owners

This is a discussion on Six States Plotting Insurance Attack on Gun Owners within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just when you thought things couldn't get more bizarre with the anti-gunners... 6 States Plotting Insurance Attacks on Gun Owners | Wall St. Cheat Sheet ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Six States Plotting Insurance Attack on Gun Owners

Senior Moderator

Six States Plotting Insurance Attack on Gun Owners

Just when you thought things couldn't get more bizarre with the anti-gunners...

6 States Plotting Insurance Attacks on Gun Owners | Wall St. Cheat Sheet

A new spark of gun-control proposals has been springing up across the country since January, and the District of Columbia looks like it’s next in line. The D.C. council is working to discourage gun ownership as it attempts to implement a bill that would require potential gun owners to buy liability insurance. Under proposed rules, without a policy of at least $250,000, D.C. would not consider applications for the registration of a firearm. Should the bill pass the full council, it will be the first jurisdiction in the country to require gun owners to carry insurance.
    Anyone care to hazard a guess what states they might be?

I'll make it easy for you.

Massachusetts
    Connecticut
    Maryland
    New York
    California
    Pennsylvania

Read the article. Take your blood pressure medicine first.

Some of these may not see the light of day this time around but now that the seed has been planted, you can rest assured that the idea wont go away. The anti's conspire both day and night to take away your right to bear arms. If they cant do it legally, they'll try to price it out of existence one way or the other.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Why don't we charge high felon-insurance rates to felons, eh? How 'bout that?

And why don't we hold those who actually commit felonious harms to others feloniously liable to the full extent of the law?

Seems to me we'd then be providing the proper incentives to both felons and citizens: screw up and harm others, and you get held accountable for it fully; screw up and fail to protect yourself, you pay the ultimate price. Nice, neat and simple.

Doesn't surprise me these leftist states are charging for the right to bear arms. Sad, that Massachusetts used to be one of the stalwart bulwarks of liberty, too, back when. Heck, had they not been so anti-tyranny from the outset, we probably would not have so roundly defeated the British in the Revolutionary War. What a difference a few days make ... It's embarrassing, how far we've allowed some to fall, how far we've allowed some hirelings to take their Constitutional hatred for liberty, against us.
    BadgerJ, Patti, WHEC724 and 5 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

They will never give up because to control us the forefathers knew they would need to disarm us first.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

VIP Member
    Why is New Jersey not on that list?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by mcgyver210 View Post
    They will never give up because to control us the forefathers knew they would need to disarm us first.
    So did most of the citizens, then.

We must remind them, and each other, of this crucial point. And we must drum the vultures out of hired service, and scare the bejeezus out of every other living, breathing would-be vampire that dares come within 1000yds of a ballot to serve the People under sworn oath and commitment to that Constitution. Until that happens, we'll just keep breeding one generation after another of these elitist types who believe controlling the people as serfs is the road to nirvana.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    Ssssssssssshhhhhhh...
    don't give them any ideas...
    airslot and Rock and Glock like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    What?!?! No Illinois on the list either!
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

VIP Member
    Once criminals are required to carry insurance I might consider buying it, until then I have a suggestion of what they can do with those bills and use both hands if necessary.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Ask yourself this; If YOU were CEO of an insurance company, would you want MORE States to pass these laws? I think the answer is obviously "Yes".

All we need are the insurance companies telling their minions in the legislature to pass these laws everywhere.
    niks and darbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    A junior staffer suggested it to Chris Christie, but in view of his potential Presidential ambitions he was having nothing of it and promptly ate him.

Why does the list of states involved not surprise me? That a couple more NE states arent on that list does though.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I remember hearing that this was coming. I forget where I heard it. I'm not surprised at all. Now that it is clear that the legislative path won't be a cakewalk, they are turning to insurance companies, who will jump at the chance to destroy individual rights, as long as they can make a buck along the way.

Govt trying to force people to buy insurance again, where have I heard that before ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

If it were actually about money, about coddling the insurance companies, then by all means the liberty-haters would be going after the vastly greatest percentage of harmful folks out there, as a potential rate-paying citizenry: felons. Given the damage caused, felons cause far more than suicides, accident/negligence. Of all people who have arms, it's the people who use them in upstanding ways that have nothing to do with the damage caused by these other groups. And even suicides aren't inflicting material damages on other people, only themselves (and grief of their families, perhaps).

But then, perhaps it is about money. 'Cause if the numbers widely suggested are true, between many hundreds of thousand to millions of instances of arms usage (at least display) are done each year, year after year. "Taxing" everyone in such ways is yet another revenue source, another potential bottomless pit, a source of kick-backs and campaign contributions for the "elite" (aka, liberty-haters) who are pushing such things.

Hm. I wonder which it is ...?
    NONAME762 and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    There's a problem with the thought that if it were about money they'd go after felons. Felons don't have money. Tell them they have to buy insurance on anything and they'll laugh. They couldn't pay the premium if they wanted to- and breaking the law isn't a big deal to them.

I'd like to say this is being pushed by insurance companies, but this is just another anti-gun ploy. In reality insurance CEO's are probably torn. They can see millions of new policies being written. But if every gun owner has insurance every use of a firearm, no matter how justified, would result in a claim. Juries, knowing the gun owner was insured get the lottery syndrome and ridiculous judgments are awarded. It could end up being a wash to them- without attempting the math I'm not sure, but for the insurance companies the profit may not be what you'd first imagine. (Now for an insurance salesman the profit would be huge.)
    msgt/ret and NONAME762 like this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links