This bothers me about the NRA

This is a discussion on This bothers me about the NRA within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Let me start by saying I'm a member. Also I contribute to most of the offers they send. ie. videos commemorative articles, artifacts etc. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: This bothers me about the NRA

This bothers me about the NRA

Let me start by saying I'm a member. Also I contribute to most of the offers they send. ie. videos commemorative articles, artifacts etc. I am their biggest supporter. But what I just can't shake is that everything I receive from them (hats, coffee mugs etc.) are made in China. Now I'm sure it's for the same reason everyone else exports labor $$$ but it still just seems like (for lack of a better term) an oxymoron. And I'm sure the monetary savings from foreign export is used for protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights. But it still bothers me. Especially since when ever I can (and I go out of my way) I buy Made in the USA. does this bother anyone? Or is it just me.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

2. Remove Ads

I'm a member of the NRA, and yes it does bother me. There are, however, many things that bother me about the NRA. good luck
    WHEC724 and Oldpsufan like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8upguy View Post
    I'm a member of the NRA, and yes it does bother me. There are, however, many things that bother me about the NRA. good luck
    Yup. There's a whole lotta stupid running that show. I'm still a supporting member though. "In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king".

VIP Member
    Just tell them that you don't wish to receive "X" from their offer. The only thing I get from them is their magazine, everything else I tell them to keep.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    All the emails most likely come from China too . I have not bought items yet but i am a member for a five year period . Right now don't have the funds to do lifetime yet .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    All the emails most likely come from China too . I have not bought items yet but i am a member for a five year period . Right now don't have the funds to do lifetime yet .
    Hey welder. I dig the signature (Thomas Paine) I'm a huge Common Sense fan!!!
    welder516 likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 1911
    Glock 20
    Kel-Tec P-11
    Stag Arms 2T
    Benelli m2

"Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you"
    "CAPITALISM IS BOSS"  Andrew Wilkow

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Just tell them that you don't wish to receive "X" from their offer. The only thing I get from them is their magazine, everything else I tell them to keep.
    If only it were that simple. They are a deaf and dumb spam marketing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcealedinPA View Post
    Let me start by saying I'm a member. Also I contribute to most of the offers they send. ie. videos commemorative articles, artifacts etc. I am their biggest supporter. But what I just can't shake is that everything I receive from them (hats, coffee mugs etc.) are made in China. Now I'm sure it's for the same reason everyone else exports labor $$$ but it still just seems like (for lack of a better term) an oxymoron. And I'm sure the monetary savings from foreign export is used for protecting our 2nd Amendment Rights. But it still bothers me. Especially since when ever I can (and I go out of my way) I buy Made in the USA. does this bother anyone? Or is it just me.
    Does it bother me, yes and no. I understand them keeping products at a reasonable price. I also understand the global market, and do not foresee this changing anytime soon. I wish that American companies could compete better, but that is another topic for another time.

As for the NRA I am a member and will continue to be a member. They seem to be a voice of reason in the gun debate IMO...
    joker1 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Well, talk about china anybody shop at wallmart ?? not me.!
    Smilinswordsman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    Well, talk about china anybody shop at wallmart ?? not me.!
    It's not just Wal-Mart, walk around any retail establishment. Just got back from the local Staples, nothing was made in the US.

Personally, I don't really believe in "buy American." The simple fact is that decades of moronic federal policies have made it impossible for American workers to be competitive in cheap goods. If the borders were closed to all Chinese goods tomorrow, we wouldn't have cheap goods made by Americans instead of Chinese, we'd have more expensive goods, fewer Americans able to afford them, and fewer Americans employed designing, marketing and selling them.
    GeorgiaDawg, Tzadik and WHEC724 like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

thebucketeer likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I have been a Life Member or the NRA for over 30 years. I could not afford a life membership until I was over 30 years old. I realize there are more battles for them than there was in the past. Yes, litigation and lobbying cost massive amounts of money. I don't know, and neither do most of us, what it really takes to run a "Business" of that magnitude.

Yes, the pushing of merchandise bothers me. Not because they are raising money but, because of what they do with that money. Sometimes I really wonder about how much of the funds from donations, membership fees, merchandise sales and organized fund raisers actually goes to the legal and political fights for gun ownership. Do the members really take notice of what the Directors' salaries are or how much the officers make per year? Wayne LaPierre does not wear off the rack suits. As a matter of fact, one of his suits probably cost more than I make in 2 weeks. It really wouldn't bother me if LaPierre's salary was 2 million a year if I thought that the NRA members were getting more profit for their buck than Pierre Cardin or Brooks Brothers were getting. IMHO the NRA powers that be, are interested in lining their pockets as much, if not more, than fighting for gun owners. They are no longer just an organization they have become a Big Business.

I love football, not just the home team. I love the whole game. I have seen major changes in the NFL and the NRA in my life. The NRA and the NFL have some things in common. Money has changed them both. I will take the 70's Steelers anytime over the best NE Patriots team ever. The NRA, like the NFL, "ain't" what they used to be, but until enough gun owners get together and come up with something better, I will support the NRA as best as I am able.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Distinguished Member
    Free items aside... the NRA Store does have a section for items specifically made in the USA, so you could always support them and the US economy spending some money there.

http://www.nrastore.com/nrastore/Products.aspx?c=31
    CanuckQue likes this.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    When the day comes that the liberals quit complaining about the NRA is the day I will stop supporting them, until then they have my full support.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links