Handgun laws in Maryland coming soon .

This is a discussion on Handgun laws in Maryland coming soon . within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Laws in Maryland 2013 I picked up a new handgun at the LGS the owner told me that the forms for the new laws ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Handgun laws in Maryland coming soon .

VIP Member

Handgun laws in Maryland coming soon .

Gun Laws in Maryland 2013
    I picked up a new handgun at the LGS the owner told me that the forms for the new laws are not ready and he does not know when he will receive them . The state will require all this new information on or about Oct. 1st .

With this said he has to train and get his employees on board for the new changes and he has no sample forms or any way to get this process started . He said this may be the thing that forces out some of the stores in Maryland. This will also add so much to the cost of buying a firearm to protect your family . I think i have one or two more guns to buy before then .

He also stated that it will be some time if ever Maryland will be a Shall Issue state . I don't want to be doom & gloom but it is not looking good in Maryland .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's OK to be doom and gloom because...................IT IS DOOM AND GLOOM!!

Many reasons have influenced my decision to leave this state, this was but the nail in the coffin (or moving van).
    welder516, darbo and maxwell97 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    It's OK to be doom and gloom because...................IT IS DOOM AND GLOOM!!

Many reasons have influenced my decision to leave this state, this was but the nail in the coffin (or moving van).
    I cannot leave yet i will try to work within the system ,and be happy with two or three weeks of vacation out of this mess. I have to make it work for now.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Well yeah. It's the upper eastern seaboard. They know what is best for their subjects, excuse me, citizens.

There is no amount of money. For those in that area, my sympathies.
    welder516 likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Sounds like it just keeps getting better and better. Sorry to hear that you are trapped there.
    welder516 likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

And my fear is what starts on the eastern seaboard will spread south and west like a creeping virus.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Lead Moderator
    I don't think you have to worry about the new regulations if your current paperwork is already going through the system. The new laws take effect October 1st. But, given the back-up in the MSP approval (or as they say "Not Disapproved"), you may not be able to take delivery till after that date when the paperwork is done!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    MD really is a crushing mess now and I don't see it getting better with O'Malley as Gov. He's driven out businesses, millionaires and soon law abiding gun owners and people who want to protect themselves will follow. Eventually the state will be left with welfare recipients and NO ONE to pay them. Similar to what's happening in CA right now.

The worst thing is that we're passing laws that aren't being read or understood. Then we have to deal with the aftermath, expense, paperwork etc. It's really scary. Welder, you're post is one example of this maddness. Much more to come I'm afraid.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I cannot leave yet i will try to work within the system ,and be happy with two or three weeks of vacation out of this mess. I have to make it work for now.
    Glad to see the "yet" in there. States like Maryland don't deserve to have good people in them, and especially don't deserve their tax money.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    I have some rabidly anti-gun relatives in Maryland, and their attitude is "good riddance" to any or all of the gun owners and manufacturers who choose to leave as a result of restrictive and prohibitive gun laws. I suspect that attitude is generally prevalent there, and everywhere that banners and grabbers have been put in power.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

SAF petitions SCOTUS for review of Maryland carry case

The Second Amendment Foundation is pushing for a Supreme Court review on concealed carry outside the home.....

SAF petitions Supreme Court for review of Maryland carry case - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

This is the Woollard case...
    welder516 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Yes DOOM & GLOOM. guess my question is WHY how many of '' WE THE PEOPLE'' are letting them get away with it!!!!!??
    Eagleks likes this.

VIP Member
    Certainly liberal counties near Wash. DC play a big part and the city . We do have a good bit of southern counties and eastern shore with hard working ,God fearing people . The Maryland system is a hard nut to crack and the local government is even harder..I sure hope DaveWorkman is correct in what he has posted .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Certainly liberal counties near Wash. DC play a big part and the city . We do have a good bit of southern counties and eastern shore with hard working ,God fearing people . The Maryland system is a hard nut to crack and the local government is even harder..I sure hope DaveWorkman is correct in what he has posted .
    I grew up in one of those counties you mentioned as controlling state politics, and yes it is basically true. Baltimore County & City, PG, and Montgomery (where I'm from) really do run the state and that's where the vast majority of the population is. MD has roughly 5 million people and about 3.5 million of them live in those counties and Anne Arundel. I enjoyed growing up where I did, but I knew by my late teens I did NOT want to live there after college, and I haven't spent more than 2 contiguous weeks there in close to 15 years.

As to CC, I wish for MDers that they would adopt a CA/NY style county by county system, I bet a lot of the western (Allegheny, Garrett, Washington) and Eastern Shore (Somerset, Caroline, QA, Wor, Wic) counties would be fairly permissive issuers.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    I grew up in one of those counties you mentioned as controlling state politics, and yes it is basically true. Baltimore County & City, PG, and Montgomery (where I'm from) really do run the state and that's where the vast majority of the population is. MD has roughly 5 million people and about 3.5 million of them live in those counties and Anne Arundel. I enjoyed growing up where I did, but I knew by my late teens I did NOT want to live there after college, and I haven't spent more than 2 contiguous weeks there in close to 15 years.

As to CC, I wish for MDers that they would adopt a CA/NY style county by county system, I bet a lot of the western (Allegheny, Garrett, Washington) and Eastern Shore (Somerset, Caroline, QA, Wor, Wic) counties would be fairly permissive issuers.
    I am not wise to the CA/NY style system but if you could only carry in the county you apply for or live in i see no real advantage to that . I like or think a total system cuts down on any problems. But you are right about the lay of the land here .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links