How to ban guns

How to ban guns

This is a discussion on How to ban guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This was published last December, but it's a good REMINDER! We can't stop our fight for the 2nd Amendment. Keep up the pressure. Read this ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By ElkSniper
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 2 Post By Dsbjax
  • 3 Post By Xader
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: How to ban guns

How to ban guns

This was published last December, but it's a good REMINDER! We can't stop our fight for the 2nd Amendment. Keep up the pressure. Read this and let it sink in. They won't stop until they succeed...

Daily Kos: How to Ban Guns: A step by step, long term process
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

VIP Member
    In my naivete I hope that article is satire, as the plan ignores a host of amendments to circumvent just one particular amendment.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

His poll had 10,000 some odd No votes and 200 some odd Yes votes. It seems that the "NRA types" as he calls us don't just own 2 or more guns, we are also good at voting in internet polls.

Good reminder that our enemy is willing to take time, and make one stride at a time, on a slow march toward making the entire nation a gun-free zone. We need to be equally patient and take any small advantage we can get when we can get it.
    HandgunWorld likes this.

I've been right in the middle of the enemy camp once a real long time ago. As I sat right next to a small frail older man probably 75-80 years old someone said a single word. That single word was militia. The man erupted with such hate and contempt he was visibly shaking. And everyone in that room agreed with him save one and I was looking for the door. Hands Against Hate was the new outfit. I'd say they basically hate everything this site stands for.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Here are a couple of scary excerpts from the article, just to show you how serious these idiots are:

"Furthermore, there seems to be no talk about high powered rifles. What gun nuts don't want you to know is many target and hunting rifles are chambered in the same round (.223/5.56mm) that Lanza's assault weapon was. Even more guns are chambered for more powerful rounds, like the .30-06 or (my personal "favorite") 7.62x54R. Even a .22, the smallest round manufactured on a large scale, can kill easily. In fact, some say the .22 kills more people than any other round out there.

Again, I like that we're talking about assault weapons, machine guns, and high capacity clips. But it only takes one bullet out of one gun to kill a person. Remember the beltway sniper back in 2002? The one who killed a dozen odd people? Even though he used a bushmaster assault rifle, he only fired one round at a time before moving. He could have used literally any rifle sold in the US for his attacks.

"The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything. No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence." (who protects you from the street violence?)

"A national Firearms Owner Identification Card might be good, but I'm not sure if it's necessary if we have a national database. We should also insist on comprehensive insurance and mandatory gun safes, subject to random, spot checks by local and federal law enforcement.
    We must make guns expensive and unpopular, just like cigarettes. A nationwide, antigun campaign paid for by a per gun yearly tax paid by owners, dealers, and manufacturers would work well in this regard. We should also segway( -10pts. for improper usage of a noun for a verb) into an anti-hunting campaign, like those in the UK. By making hunting expensive and unpopular, we can make the transition to a gun free society much less of a headache for us.

I know this seems harsh, but this is the only way we can be truly safe. I don't want my kids being shot at by a deranged NRA member. I'm sure you don't either. So lets stop looking for short term solutions and start looking long term. Registration is the first step.

Tell Pres. Obama and democrats in congress to demand mandatory, comprehensive gun registration. It's the only way we can ban guns with any effectiveness.

I added the bolding to some of the text. I really wonder what these nimrods would do if it ever came to a SHTF situation, but I already know the answer. When you take no responsibility for your personal safety, Darwins Law will eventually catch up with you.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Daily Kos /ˈkoʊs/ is an American political blog that publishes news and opinions from a progressive point of view. It functions as a discussion forum and group blog for a variety of netroots activists whose efforts are primarily directed toward influencing and strengthening the Democratic Party.

'NUFF SAID!!!

Daily Kos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    vilecanards likes this.
    ďA nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.Ē
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnít an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

If you want to see how it will be done, the long term plan simple look at smoking. I graduated high school in 81, at that time we had a smoking area for the students outside the cafeteria. Over time the image of smoking was changed and the public has accepted strict restrictions on the sale and use of the product. It was a long term plan that start small and grew incrementally, the same will be used for firearms.

The anti-gun states will continue to pass more restrictive laws, and crime will not change. That is when they will turn to the federal government to use its interstate commerce powers to further restrict the movement and sales of firearms. It is not a ten year plan as outlined in this article but a 30 or 40 year plan with small steps, never back down.
    rayporsche and vilecanards like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSniper View Post
    His poll had 10,000 some odd No votes and 200 some odd Yes votes. It seems that the "NRA types" as he calls us don't just own 2 or more guns, we are also good at voting in internet polls.

Good reminder that our enemy is willing to take time, and make one stride at a time, on a slow march toward making the entire nation a gun-free zone. We need to be equally patient and take any small advantage we can get when we can get it.

Exactly. You're totally right on that statement. And poll results mean nothing to them. Sure, it's not working now, but that won't stop them. They won't quit. They never have. It doesn't matter if the facts are against them or not. They will patiently wait until the next major shooting even happens and try again.

Don't be complacent. Stay in touch with your elected officials about this as often as possible.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member
    No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence.
    Wait.

Do these people truly believe that firearms are the only tools of violence in the world? That prior to the invention of the firearm, the world was a peaceful utopia? That no man, woman or child was ever injured or killed with a sword, knife, bow, club, rock, pointy stick or bare hands?

Do they believe that a gun-free world would be a violence free world? Is that why there is no violence in prisons? Aside from that, do they truly believe that a law will cause those who ignore laws to be immediately and universally disarmed? That every firearm will immediately cease to function, and therefore all violence will cease?

Are these people deranged?

Pure insanity.

This was the scariest thing I've read in a while. I missed it the first time; thanks for the repost.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by vilecanards View Post
    Here are a couple of scary excerpts from the article, just to show you how serious these idiots are:

"The only way we can truly be safe and prevent further gun violence is to ban civilian ownership of all guns. That means everything.[/B] No pistols, no revolvers, no semiautomatic or automatic rifles. No bolt action. No breaking actions or falling blocks. Nothing. This is the only thing that we can possibly do to keep our children safe from both mass murder and common street violence."

(who protects you from the street violence?)
    Amazing lack of logic, there. The outright claim being that without a given weapon in a weapons-laden and felon-laden society, we'll have no more felons.

Beam me up Scotty ... there's no intelligent life here.

Simple reality is: take all the weaponry from those who'll give them up, and you're left with only those who won't give them up and those whom you are unaware even have them. Translation, that only the violent felons will be so armed, and we'll all be incapable, defenseless sheep by comparison. No prizes to those who guess what'll happen in that scenario.
    vilecanards likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links