Interesting : who recognizes everyone's CC license ... vs who recognizes only theirs

This is a discussion on Interesting : who recognizes everyone's CC license ... vs who recognizes only theirs within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought Louisana had passed a bill to recognize all states CC licenses, but could find nothing showing it, ... so if anyone knows. Source ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Interesting : who recognizes everyone's CC license ... vs who recognizes only theirs

Interesting : who recognizes everyone's CC license ... vs who recognizes only theirs

I thought Louisana had passed a bill to recognize all states CC licenses, but could find nothing showing it, ... so if anyone knows.

Source : Handgunlaw.us

All states NOT mentioned below, seem to recognize "certain listed states", ...... 22 states... we need to convince to recognize ALL states.

Who recognizes cc licenses from "all" states , this is what I can find at this point...
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arkansas (Aug 2013 & on)
    Arizona
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    Tennessee
    Utah

States that "recognize ONLY " their licenses :
    California
    Connecticut
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Massachuetts
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Wash DC

Does NOT issue permits... Someone will hopefully explain as I don't personally know... but as I read it.... anyone can open or conceal carry.
    Vermont Concealed Carry Permit Information

Vermont
    Last edited by Eagleks; July 9th, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

2. Remove Ads

South Dakota is a gun friendly state. It only does not recognize IL., DC., and VT.

Florida only recognizes states that recognize ours

VIP Member
    Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map
    I hope this come out it is very helpful to me . Hopefully someone else may find it useful

Good thing if you have a couple permits
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I think Vermont doesn't issue but you can OC

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map
    I hope this come out it is very helpful to me . Hopefully someone else may find it useful

Good thing if you have a couple permits
    Uh, you might 'read' the first post.... which gives them as the source for the information.

CDaniels5758 : I checked the AG's site, and Handgunlaw.us is not up to date on So. Dakota's reciprocity. Probably because the AG's site says... "working on reciprocity with the follow states" ..... but , there is a line that is easy to miss.... that says "now So. Dakota is reciprocal in the following states".... they should have eliminated that wording "working on".... since it was no longer relevant. I'll send Gary Slider @ handgunlaw.us a note on it, you may want to as well.

So. Dakota AG sites does not mention recognizing Kansas and 23 others. However, our AG's site says Kansas is recognized by So. Dakota. The So. Dakota AG's site shows only 26 states listed..... they recognize. If you have info different than that please let me now.

AG's site : Reciprocity Agreements ; http://sdsos.gov/content/viewcontent...lpermits.shtm+

So, I took South Dakota off Post # 1, since it falls into that category of "recognizes some states". thanks.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Illinois became the final state for ccw. They only recognize there own state.
    Even though there's lots of restrictions it's a win for good guys. Both house overrode
    the Governor veto!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
    Illinois became the final state for ccw. They only recognize there own state.
    Even though there's lots of restrictions it's a win for good guys. Both house overrode
    the Governor veto!!
    On the list in Post # 1 that way too. LOL... I didn't miss Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Uh, you might 'read' the first post.... which gives them as the source for the information.

CDaniels5758 : I checked the AG's site, and Handgunlaw.us is not up to date on So. Dakota's reciprocity. Probably because the AG's site says... "working on reciprocity with the follow states" ..... but , there is a line that is easy to miss.... that says "now So. Dakota is reciprocal in the following states".... they should have eliminated that wording "working on".... since it was no longer relevant. I'll send Gary Slider a note on it, you may want to as well.

So. Dakota does not recognize Kansas and 23 others. They show only 26 states listed..... they recognize. If you have info different than that please let me now.

AG's site : Reciprocity Agreements ; http://sdsos.gov/content/viewcontent...lpermits.shtm+

So, I took South Dakota off Post # 1, since it falls into that category of "recognizes some states". thanks.
    I do see that on that on the state web page. The CCW app shows all but two states and DC. Either the app is wrong or the web page is out of date. I get frequent updates on the CCW app. They seem to stay up to date with changes in CCW law.

CDaniels5758 : I checked the AG's site, and Handgunlaw.us is not up to date on So. Dakota's reciprocity. Probably because the AG's site says... "working on reciprocity with the follow states" ..... but , there is a line that is easy to miss.... that says "now So. Dakota is reciprocal in the following states".... they should have eliminated that wording "working on".... since it was no longer relevant. I'll send Gary Slider @ handgunlaw.us a note on it, you may want to as well.

So. Dakota AG sites does not mention recognizing Kansas and 23 others. However, our AG's site says Kansas is recognized by So. Dakota. The So. Dakota AG's site shows only 26 states listed..... they recognize. If you have info different than that please let me now.

I do see that on the AG site. My CCW app shows reciprocity with all but two states and DC. Either the app is wrong or the web site is out of date. My CCW app gets frequent updates and seems to be accurate.

...in VT, if you can legally own a handgun, you can legally carry it openly or concealed...

VIP Member
    Just one of the many reasons every single state in the NW hates Oreagon.
    Pinot likes this.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I thought Louisana had passed a bill to recognize all states CC licenses, but could find nothing showing it, ... so if anyone knows.

Source : Handgunlaw.us

All states NOT mentioned below, seem to recognize "certain listed states", ...... 22 states... we need to convince to recognize ALL states.

Who recognizes cc licenses from "all" states , this is what I can find at this point...
    Alabama
    Alaska
    Arkansas (Aug 2013 & on)
    Arizona
    Idaho
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Oklahoma
    Tennessee
    Utah

States that "recognize ONLY " their licenses :
    California
    Connecticut
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Massachuetts
    Maryland
    New Jersey
    New York
    Oregon
    Rhode Island
    Wash DC

Does NOT issue permits... Someone will hopefully explain as I don't personally know... but as I read it.... anyone can open or conceal carry.
    Vermont Concealed Carry Permit Information

Vermont
    Alabama Does Not Honor Permits from these States:
    California, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, New York City, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin

Arkansas Does Not Honor Permits from these States:
    California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that Gov. Perry (TX) and AG Abbott have issued orders and findings that makes TX at least unilaterally honor basically every permit from other states. I know even MD, NY and NJ permits are good here, which is great news for the 5 people who have them.

This is an aside, but I can't help but be amazed every single time I hear the stories about people with permits from other states who get arrested in NYC for carrying. NYC is notorious for being uber strict on firearms in general and these morons just go and carry theirs anyway, like the idiot who tried to check his TN licensed CCW at security for the Empire State Building. I have zero sympathy for people who get caught and face mandatory prison time for this, zero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links