Colorado Magazine Ban under Review

This is a discussion on Colorado Magazine Ban under Review within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This morning the Lawyers for the 54 Sheriffs begin presenting their case to get an injunction against the magazine ban put in place on Jul ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Colorado Magazine Ban under Review

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar

This morning the Lawyers for the 54 Sheriffs begin presenting their case to get an injunction against the magazine ban put in place on Jul 1st. We have no idea how long it might be before a decision is made, wish them luck.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Has Magpul beat feet yet? Or is it dragging its feet in hopes of avoiding a move?
    joker1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Last I heard they were still finalizing the move, hard to say what will happen if common sense is restored.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Has Magpul beat feet yet? Or is it dragging its feet in hopes of avoiding a move?
    It's my understanding that even if it got reversed, they were still going to move.

This was a statement they made from May 17th:

"Just to clarify, we are still moving, regardless of the outcome of this legal action. That train has left the station, and we are well into the selection and negotiation process as well as arranging many elements to be prepared to launch and already moving some production out of state.

This lawsuit, however, could have national implications. If this suit can get a mag ban struck down as unconstitutional, the nation may see a ripple effect across other states who choose not to trust their Citizens with their natural rights. That makes this fight worth fighting even more than just the implications for CO, which would have been enough to get us involved.

Stay tuned for more information on how to help this effort, for CO and for all states that currently have unconstitutional magazine restrictions."
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

From everything I know the Magpul move is not going to happen. It just so happens it costs a lot more to move than they thought it would. If you look at the site you will see all of the comments about the move have been taken down and they are not talking about it any more.

The bad news is the judge refused to put an injunction in place because the law already took effect. But I find it ironic the Court wouldn't set the date for the injunction hearing until after the law took effect.

Both sides in the case said that removable base plate magazines are not going to be banned, and the rest of the law will be fought at a later time.

I wonder if staying in CO may hurt Magpul business and moving could greatly improve it?
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    It's my understanding that even if it got reversed, they were still going to move.

This was a statement they made from May 17th:

"Just to clarify, we are still moving, regardless of the outcome of this legal action. That train has left the station, and we are well into the selection and negotiation process as well as arranging many elements to be prepared to launch and already moving some production out of state.

This lawsuit, however, could have national implications. If this suit can get a mag ban struck down as unconstitutional, the nation may see a ripple effect across other states who choose not to trust their Citizens with their natural rights. That makes this fight worth fighting even more than just the implications for CO, which would have been enough to get us involved.

Stay tuned for more information on how to help this effort, for CO and for all states that currently have unconstitutional magazine restrictions."
    I'm still taking the skeptical "believe it when I see it" approach. If they do move for real, then I'll believe it. I can see reasons other than the magazine ban for leaving Colorado for other states, Colorado is rapidly becoming California East.

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Colorado is rapidly becoming California East.
    Sorry but I have to completely disagree with you there. The reality is the conservative voters got a little lazy due to the lack-luster GOP Presidential candidates the last few elections. Colorado is still a lot more conservative than you would believe. Oh sure there are the liberal strong holds, but ever state has them, even North Dakota.

there are the liberal strong holds
    Too damn many
    Dadsnugun likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    YES too dam many misfits..................

Distinguished Member
    Let's see, they can get as high as they want but they can't have but a few bullets. Yup, CO is starting to favor CA. I thought I read where in the "last days" in Revelations it says people would be getting smarter........seems that we are going to be on this here earth a looooong time cuz you can't fix stupid and the folks making rules are dumb donkeys!
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Sponsored Links