Pelosi Pushes UBGC during shameful Bloody-Shirt waving on Senate Floor

This is a discussion on Pelosi Pushes UBGC during shameful Bloody-Shirt waving on Senate Floor within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Democratic leader & Gun-Control freak Nancy Pelosi is again back to the Ultra-lib tactics of parading victims around in a shameful & detestable show ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Pelosi Pushes UBGC during shameful Bloody-Shirt waving on Senate Floor

The Democratic leader & Gun-Control freak Nancy Pelosi is again back to the Ultra-lib tactics of parading victims around in a shameful & detestable show of Bloody-Shirt waving on the HOUSE Floor.

Read the full script of her speech here.

Pelosi Floor Speech on Six-Month Anniversary of Tragic Shooting in Newtown, CT - Rep. Pelosi

Be sure to also call her office at (202) 226-7616. Be sure to say you are a constituent, as we all are of the US Senate, and keep asking to leave a message for the senator. You will be forwarded to a voicemail to leave a message.

Also contact your own Reps & voice your disdain for this type of horrific behavior as we are all well aware no UBGC would have prevented the actions at Sandy Hook.

We do however know that school CC is the most effective method of deterence & opposition to this type of illegal activity.
    Last edited by gtfoxy; July 12th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.

VIP Member
    My Momma told me if I couldn't say anything nice then don't say anything, hence I'd better not call.

Do you or anybody else think that after everything she has done and the tactics she uses that many are left taking ANYTHING Pelosi says or does serious? To me, this is nothing more than she's board this summer and wants to put on a show at the expense of the victims.

I'd be willing to bet her days are numbered as a politician, she's an embarrassment.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    They keep trying to stir up something to re-rev their agenda. I think it's pretty much counter-productive for them, and causing more folks to buy guns and galvanizing those that already have them.

Nothing wrong with making the calls, it's one of the cheapest and most effective things we can do
    Jeanlouise, mook012 and gtfoxy like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

If people were always rational and never were made stupid by excessive emotional displays - what would the Dems run on?
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

— Captain Bellamy

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    My Momma told me if I couldn't say anything nice then don't say anything, hence I'd better not call.

Do you or anybody else think that after everything she has done and the tactics she uses that many are left taking ANYTHING Pelosi says or does serious? To me, this is nothing more than she's board this summer and wants to put on a show at the expense of the victims.

I'd be willing to bet her days are numbered as a politician, she's an embarrassment.
    Unfortunately for the people of California, & the rest of us, she is surrounded by mindless drones of Californication.

Call and be sure to ask why she doesn't acknowledge that her State has the toughest Gun-Control laws, yet the highest Rates of Gun violence.

You can also ask, nicely, once she has cleaned up her state then she can come before us all explain how it was done, but until then she should go away and stop trying to infringe on our liberties.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    If people were always rational and never were made stupid by excessive emotional displays - what would the Dems run on?

So far they are doing pretty good with immorality, sin, false witnesses, and murder.
    gtfoxy, BugDude and GeorgiaDawg like this.
    Matthew 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;.

~ Jesus ~

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    So far they are doing pretty good with immorality, sin, false witnesses, and murder.
    Amen, Sister!

Give her a bottle and send her to the coat room.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    She`s nothing but a hypocritical libertard Idiot!.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
    Unfortunately for the people of California, & the rest of us, she is surrounded by mindless drones of Californication.

Call and be sure to ask why she doesn't acknowledge that her State has the toughest Gun-Control laws, yet the highest Rates of Gun violence.

You can also ask, nicely, once she has cleaned up her state then she can come before us all explain how it was done, but until then she should go away and stop trying to infringe on our liberties.
    But , But it works so well in Chicago ....
    multistage likes this.

Yet another example of gross breach of sworn oath by a temporary hireling (some more temporary than others, sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “Their message is clear: honor the memories of their little children, of these educators, by helping ensure that no other family is forced to endure such an unimaginable tragedy. Now, our task is plain: we must restore confidence in the safety of our communities by taking clear, effective steps to prevent gun violence in our schools, homes, and neighborhoods ..."
    Yes, honor the memories. But protect them. It get's as close to impossible as it gets, if forcibly disarmed and incapable of doing so.

Our task is plain: erase predators from our society; erase the ability of predators to reach us in their deadly rages, insofar as is possible, WITHOUT assailing all upstanding citizens in the sad and pointless substitution for actually going after crime.

Our task also is quite simple: keep such oath-breakers 1000yds from our Constitution they seem to bent on destroying.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    “Six months ago, in Newtown, a lone gunman took the lives of 26 Americans. We all know that. It’s emblazoned in our minds and in our souls. Since then, nearly 5,000 more Americans have fallen victim to gun violence. Five thousand, Mr. Speaker. Now, in Congress, we must summon the courage to act.
    Translation: "courage" being a euphemism for finding a way to circumvent, sidestep and eviscerate the Constitution, right under the noses of the citizens who've hired them.

... we must uphold our most basic responsibility – the oath we take, the oath of office, to ‘protect and defend,’ to protect and defend the Constitution and to protect and defend the people of the United States.[/quote]

Yes, you must. And we'll hold you to it ... no matter what it costs you, even if that erases you from our midst and keeps you away from our Constitution.
    gtfoxy likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And they still believe that Newtown would have never happened if only the mother would have had a background check done. Uh, which I'm sure she did go through some sort of process which resulted in a legal purchase the same as it would have if she had one of these newer proposed checks done. I also imagine that once a background check is done, then no one can ever do anything stupid right? Like get them stolen which results in getting themselves shot in the face perhaps? Man, those UBC's ARE handy. <sarcasm in there somewhere> The kid was a mental case and she was irresponsible. I don't see the connection here between the background of the irresponsible mother, her sick kid and the UBC solution.

What I really can't get over is that the people who put on these shows would rather take rights away and restrict even themselves rather than be on the side of education and responsibility. It's kind of like suspecting that one of my kids may do something wrong some day while they're driving. I didn't take my car to the wrecking yard and shred my pink slip; I added to their school teachings with some of my own experiences and fed them all of the information that I could, even by getting on the internet and showing them results of what happens when people do stupid things with a vehicle. Not because I had to, but because driving is a big part of everyone's lives but it can be dangerous.

If they are going to keep parading this tragedy around as grounds for their agenda, I really REALLY wish they would be held to the obligation of explaining how this would have made a difference on the outcome. Bring it on please. Yes YOU, the proponent of this new and "improved" system. The one that is a guest on this site and likes to go here to get a fresh read on the "other side." Stop being a guest, click your happy self around the site to the signup section, create an account and post your wisdom here. I dare you. We all want to learn this secret so bad that we can't hardly stand it anymore. And just think, no more advertisements as you scroll down a thread. It's a Win / Win.
    CIBMike and gtfoxy like this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    If you need to stir emotions to get support for your position, perhaps your position isn't on solid footing.
    BugDude likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    And they still believe that Newtown would have never happened if only the mother would have had a background check done. Uh, which I'm sure she did go through some sort of process ...
    The kid didn't bother worrying about background checks. He just murdered his mother and stole the weapons he knew he'd need.

Pretty simple to get around such silly things as "background" checks. Even if (euphemistically speaking) they're "universally" applied. People like the murderer in question, as you point out, won't care one whit about such things. He'll just do his predator thing anyway, irrespective of what some finger-waggling politician 300mi away claims is so. And, as you say, that pretty much makes such checks pointless, leaving only one practical impact of such things: infringement upon everyone other than the violent felons they're ostensibly seeking to stop.
    Sig 210 and mprp like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    But , But it works so well in Chicago ....
    THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
    The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out Chicago, Detroit, Washington D.C. and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom for murders. These 4 cities also have the toughest gun control laws in the United States, and are all controlled by Democrats.

This tell you anything?
    Pistology and CIBMike like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links