2013 AWB Surprise

This is a discussion on 2013 AWB Surprise within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bill Clinton went around telling Democrats that "this isnt 1994", meaning dont worry about passing another AWB, times have changed, and you wont get voted ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 2013 AWB Surprise

2013 AWB Surprise

Bill Clinton went around telling Democrats that "this isnt 1994", meaning dont worry about passing another AWB, times have changed, and you wont get voted out. I agree in part with Clinton.

This aint 1994. And this time we the people are not going to let you do it.

Whats different now, as opposed to 1994? Well for one thing, we have been thru one ban, and dont want another. This time we mobilized, and spoke out.

But the thing I think maybe had the biggest impact, is that the laws changed across the nation to allow for "Shall issue" CCPs. Once that Genie was out of the bottle, there was no putting it back in.

People, once armed, (and I dont mean with duck guns, or double barrel shotguns), are not willing to give that up. We certainly dont trust the police to be there when we need them, and certainly NOT during a time of budget cuts & layoffs.

Then, there is they hypocrisy; All those who want to disarm us, are protected by those with guns. And to them, they see nothing wrong with that.

Oddly enough, I think my families safety is every bit as important as theirs.

What do y'all think?

2. Remove Ads

Sounds about right. The only thing I would add, in 1994 the internet was in its infancy, now the information spreads like wild fire. IMO we are better informed today that we were back then and our reaction time is much quicker. On another point, we are not just subjected to the main stream medias view on things.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Darnit, Harry! I wish I had thought of that, lol. GREAT Point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Sounds about right. The only thing I would add, in 1994 the internet was in its infancy, now the information spreads like wild fire. IMO we are better informed today that we were back then and our reaction time is much quicker. On another point, we are not just subjected to the main stream medias view on things.

VIP Member
    I'd say don't fool yourself with any ideas that the Liberals won't get away with it, or that the American people are wise to their deceit. We re-elected the current criminal organization, um I mean administration, to a second term even after all the stuff they did during the first term. And if recent events tell us anything is they will use any crisis to bolster their position and start chipping away at what was denied to them before.

Clinton was correct when he said it wasn't '94. He enjoyed a majority in the House and Senate, hence why he got is AWB passed through. The only thing that truly stopped the Community Organizer's attempted AWB was a conservative majority in the House. A conservative majority that was strongly supported by the likes of the NRA and other gun rights organizations.

Just remember that the concealed carry permit holder, or those who enjoy a permitless carry, are still a pretty small minority.

Missouri's valid concealed carry permits amount to approximately 3.5% of the over 18 population of the state.
    In Texas concealed carry holders enjoy a status of approximately 3% of the over 18 population.

I hate to say it but "we" ain't gonna scare anyone coming in under 4% of the voting population. Now obviously that number rises if you start including all firearm owners, but concealed carry... I just don't think that we have much voting clout on our own. Which is one reason why I believe we should always be looking for common ground with, and urging political awareness, in every gun owner, because when they take everything away from us, it'll be all inclusive.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Darnit, Harry! I wish I had thought of that, lol. GREAT Point.
    Thanks Bro, I think that this time around was different because of the net. They couldnt just pull the wool over the eyes of the American people like the last time..

One of the points that you touched on about there hypocrisy, is that there agenda have been figured out. They will not stop until we are disarmed, and that has the silent majority up and awake....
    StormRhydr likes this.

You watch; they will want to limit gun parts & ammo next, since they failed at a national ban.

And darn right; no compromising with these people. They know better than to say that they want us all disarmed, but thats their goal.
    Warrior1256 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I'd say don't fool yourself with any ideas that the Liberals won't get away with it, or that the American people are wise to their deceit. We re-elected the current criminal organization, um I mean administration, to a second term even after all the stuff they did during the first term. And if recent events tell us anything is they will use any crisis to bolster their position and start chipping away at what was denied to them before.

Clinton was correct when he said it wasn't '94. He enjoyed a majority in the House and Senate, hence why he got is AWB passed through. The only thing that truly stopped the Community Organizer's attempted AWB was a conservative majority in the House. A conservative majority that was strongly supported by the likes of the NRA and other gun rights organizations.

Just remember that the concealed carry permit holder, or those who enjoy a permitless carry, are still a pretty small minority.

Missouri's valid concealed carry permits amount to approximately 3.5% of the over 18 population of the state.
    In Texas concealed carry holders enjoy a status of approximately 3% of the over 18 population.

I hate to say it but "we" ain't gonna scare anyone coming in under 4% of the voting population. Now obviously that number rises if you start including all firearm owners, but concealed carry... I just don't think that we have much voting clout on our own. Which is one reason why I believe we should always be looking for common ground with, and urging political awareness, in every gun owner, because when they take everything away from us, it'll be all inclusive.
    Agree, TX. Its sickening to see "reasonable gun owners" wanting to be liked, or whatever, telling everyone else that NO ONE NEEDS THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMO, OR HIGH CAP MAGS. I dont know how to get thru to them, though.

Honestly, there was a time when I was growing up that the idea of thousands of rounds of ammo was unthinkable to me. But then again, there was always plenty in the stores, and one didnt train & practice as today. Certainly not as a broke kid, lol.

Too many emotional voters, in 2008, 2012, and more than likely 2014 although I hope not.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    This.

I was thinking about the difference the Internet has made in these sorts of issues as I was reading the OP's post. Good point.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

You watch; they will want to limit gun parts & ammo next, since they failed at a national ban.

And darn right; no compromising with these people. They know better than to say that they want us all disarmed, but thats their goal.
    My father has always had guns, but it never really affected him as far a voting was concerned, it was a none issue for him. Until now. I can't say exactly what he said, but it was along the lines of " NO way" with a bunch of expletives in between. To get my father awake in this matter was a real eye opener for me. I think that a lot of others around the country are the same way. Either way, the gun grabbers are in for a fight over their ideology.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

VIP Member
    Agree, TX. Its sickening to see "reasonable gun owners" wanting to be liked, or whatever, telling everyone else that NO ONE NEEDS THOUSANDS OF ROUNDS OF AMMO, OR HIGH CAP MAGS. I dont know how to get thru to them, though.

Honestly, there was a time when I was growing up that the idea of thousands of rounds of ammo was unthinkable to me. But then again, there was always plenty in the stores, and one didnt train & practice as today. Certainly not as a broke kid, lol.
    They believe the narrative sold to them because it's easier to let someone do the thinking for you. So when Eric Holder says that these Stand Your Ground laws need to be reevaluated because they are causing unnecessary deaths, they simply nod their heads and convince themselves that it sounds like "common sense" to them.
    StormRhydr likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Reading some of the idiotic things,from the antis and anti gun lawmakers,especially in the last yr.trying to talk to them,is a total and complete waste of my time,and i have better things to do.(Unless it involves my state lawmakers).What i would simply say,is what my avatar says.

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Too many emotional voters, in 2008, 2012, and more than likely 2014 although I hope not.
    What?? You mean to tell me that things like "Hope" and "Yes we can" are just inspirational and reflect no tangible improvement to our nation? Say it isn't so. /sarc

I do agree that those of us who CC are a minority, but at least there are enough gun owners in general to sum up a large enough population to make the fight worthy of national headlines. It wouldn't surprise me no matter which way a ban goes. However, we aren't doing all that bad considering the fact that there wasn't enough of us to vote out the current administration.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    Didnt the 1994 AWB pass by just one vote?

As mentioned, we now have the Internet and it seems to me the pro-gun crowd (us) is getting more out of it with essentially instant info sharing. In 2014 we can't just rely on our one vote anymore, we have to get more involved in some candidates campaign by donating our time or money, or by encouraging others to get to the polls and vote.

Here's part of our problem- if their favorite candidate doesn't make the run-off, too many people lose interest and not vote in the final election, they are discouraged and stay home. We have to stop that, and maybe hold your nose to vote for the "lesser of two evils", if not you just might wind up with the worst of the two evils as your legislator.

We want be able to get 'em all in 2014, but it will be our chance to rout enough of them out so that our 2A will remain unmolested. The anti-guns will be looking for a foothold, let's don't let that happen. I have a long memory and anxiously wringing my hands for 2014.
    joker1 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    Didnt the 1994 AWB pass by just one vote?
    It might have but that doesn't necessarily mean much of anything. The politicians will do all sorts polling amongst themselves and as long as they have the votes secured to pass, they will sometimes let extra votes vote for their voter base as opposed to along the party line, assuming it helps keep them in their seat come next election time. So it's not necessarily indicative of a tight vote. Politics...
    joker1 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links