Zimmerman Won't Be Getting His Gun Back - At least.....Not Yet

This is a discussion on Zimmerman Won't Be Getting His Gun Back - At least.....Not Yet within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Justice asks police to hold Zimmerman evidence - CNN.com Holder has asked/ordered the Sanford, Florida PD to keep all of the trial evidence, including Z's ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 141
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Zimmerman Won't Be Getting His Gun Back - At least.....Not Yet

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733

    Zimmerman Won't Be Getting His Gun Back - At least.....Not Yet

    Justice asks police to hold Zimmerman evidence - CNN.com

    Holder has asked/ordered the Sanford, Florida PD to keep all of the trial evidence, including Z's gun, until the DOJ decides if they will pursue federal civil charges against Z. Considering the recent personnel changes at the Sanford PD, one would assume that Holder will get whatever he wants. It will be interesting to see if O'Mara tries to block Holder on this request.
    sanfordreed likes this.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Member Array Cheesewiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    407
    Go buy another one .....You can have it ! I'm NOT GUILTY !
    rigel42 likes this.

  4. #3
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...a member posted that they saw the gun given back to him before he left the courtroom...where's the title of the thread based?

    ...the link cited doesn't mention a gun at all...where is that coming from?
    That's not how evidence is released after a trial. You never get it back before you leave the room. It doesn't work that way.

    Perhaps this news story will suit you better: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2431785.story

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array ccw9mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    26,726
    Quote Originally Posted by From Holder's own lips
    Holder said. "We must not -- as we have too often in the past -- let this opportunity pass."
    Yup.
    Jeanlouise and 84160 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

  6. #5
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yup.
    The now infamous Barack Hussein battlecry "Never Waste A Crisis....."
    84160 and CIBMike like this.

  7. #6
    Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,328
    I had clicked onto this thread by mistake.Personally could careless about GZ or any of it.That said this was easy to find on Bing for those that are interested.I just saw the heading,didn't read it.

    George Zimmerman gun. DOJ: Don't return gun to George Zimmerman while we're investigating - OrlandoSentinel.com

  8. #7
    Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami Florida / Michigan
    Posts
    1,260
    He should have signed for it right away. The judge ordered all property of his to be turned back over. Wonder how much that request will weigh over the judges order if they didn't already turn it over.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Spartanburg, SC
    Posts
    1,966
    Another good reason for all of us to have backup.
    Hoganbeg and Hobo_Hunter like this.

  10. #9
    VIP Member
    Array PEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,699
    Justice Department places 'hold' on Trayvon Martin trial evidence, including George Zimmerman's gun - which Florida law says must be returned to him | Mail Online

    I think Holder is doubling down on Z. This wound will stay open for a while.

    It never ends with these political hacks.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array blitzburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Coastal SC
    Posts
    3,738
    For some odd reason, I had a strange feeling something like this would happen.
    scottync likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

  12. #11
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Justice Department places 'hold' on Trayvon Martin trial evidence, including George Zimmerman's gun - which Florida law says must be returned to him | Mail Online

    I think Holder is doubling down on Z. This wound will stay open for a while.

    It never ends with these political hacks.
    Probably, but I think the longer they drag this out, the stupider they look to the average person.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

  13. #12
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Probably, but I think the longer they drag this out, the stupider they look to the average person.
    I saw a quote from Charles Barkley today, saying that he thought the verdict matched the evidence and he agreed with it. If Barkley gets it, any idiot should.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array Snub44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    4,575
    that link supports your post...I deleted mine because it was posted on another forum and I'd found here that evidence was ordered released, but his attorney said it hadn't been yet...I don't know enough about FL law to say that it couldn't have been given to him after he was declared not guilty...but the blog poster I read about didn't quote a source, so it evidently didn't happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    That's not how evidence is released after a trial. You never get it back before you leave the room. It doesn't work that way.

    Perhaps this news story will suit you better: George Zimmerman gun. DOJ: Don't return gun to George Zimmerman while we're investigating - OrlandoSentinel.com

  15. #14
    Member
    Array rigel42's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesewiz View Post
    Go buy another one .....You can have it ! I'm NOT GUILTY !
    I have to agree, with the Feds you want to pick your fights wisely. This is a $299 pistol. With all the threats Z is getting, he should upgrade to a more reliable high-capacity sidearm anyway.
    squid86 and Warrior1256 like this.

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,685
    Can you say, move the goalpost? They need to give Z back the property that rightfully belongs to him. If they have charges then charge him. If its such a clear cut case, then why do they need so much time to research it? Z is entitled to his property no matter how unpopular the fact remains. The man received an acquittal, stop treating him like a criminal. This is a witch hunt.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

did the nra help zimmerman get his gun back
,

eric holder says no to zimmerman getting his pistol back..

,
factcheck: is the doj keeping zimmerman from getting his gun back
,
when will zimmerman get his gun back
,

zimmerman won't get gun back right away

Click on a term to search for related topics.