And the hits (to our Second Amendment) just keep on comin'

This is a discussion on And the hits (to our Second Amendment) just keep on comin' within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Community Organizer just made a set of remarks about the Trayvon Martin case today. I guess he needed to fan the flames just a ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: And the hits (to our Second Amendment) just keep on comin'

VIP Member

And the hits (to our Second Amendment) just keep on comin'

The Community Organizer just made a set of remarks about the Trayvon Martin case today. I guess he needed to fan the flames just a little bit, or start his rollout for whatever he's got planned next...

Obama speaks out on Zimmerman verdict - CNN.com

He once again started pointing the finger at the Stand Your Ground laws that keep the criminals mindful of the potential hazards of their chosen profession.

The president said Americans are aware of the "history of racial disparity in our criminal laws" and said the government should review some state and local legislation, such as Florida's "stand your ground" law, saying they may promote rather than discourage violent confrontations.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

It's like Deja Vu all over again......

Racial Disparity.............dazit.

VIP Member
    The great divider . What a waste
    Badey likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Man, that was hard to listen to.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    It's obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about or is purposefully misinforming the citizens of the US with statements like that. The SYG laws can be used by anyone as circumstances permit. It isn't prejudiced against skin color.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Playing the race card to advance his agenda. That doesn't sound like President Obama at all

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I am so fed up with all of this.
    mprp, Betty, Ghost1958 and 6 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    It's obvious that he doesn't know what he's talking about or is purposefully misinforming the citizens of the US with statements like that. The SYG laws can be used by anyone as circumstances permit. It isn't prejudiced against skin color.
    Oh, I guarantee you there's absolutely no chance that anything he, or his administration, is doing is anything but 100% purposeful. He's an educated man and an attorney, so he, better than most, could see the facts of this case and draw the realistic conclusions that so many other have. The fact that he, and Holder, are stoking the flames is completely political and motivated by the fact that they can energize their base around something that will achieve their goal of disarming the American people.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Someone needs to remind him that Assault & Battery is illegal in every state.....only some allow you to defend yourself......color has no bearing here....IMO.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    YES SIR. Fed up, FED UP, FED UP!! Enough already Zimmerman was found NOT GULITY. Whats so hard to understand MR.O ?

WOW.....the COMMENTS section on that site is going through the roof.....mostly against what Obama said.....
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

How many times does Z have to be retried before they get the verdict they are pushing for?
    Betty likes this.

VIP Member
    Dopey dope dope dope.

If he were a baseball player he would be "Clueless" Joe Jackson....

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Oh, I guarantee you there's absolutely no chance that anything he, or his administration, is doing is anything but 100% purposeful. He's an educated man and an attorney, so he, better than most, could see the facts of this case and draw the realistic conclusions that so many other have. The fact that he, and Holder, are stoking the flames is completely political and motivated by the fact that they can energize their base around something that will achieve their goal of disarming the American people.
    Yep, and if Z was black or T was... whatever it is that Z is, then this would have all blended in with every other violent encounter resulting in a fatality and Prez O and Holder would have nothing to stoke. The emphasis placed on race in this case is just astounding, especially when it had no weight in this case, nor did SYG. I really wish that these people can just move on. It was tragic yes, but it would be really nice if all the spewing and frothing at the mouth were done regarding something relevant.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Here's a better analysis of the Zimmerman trial and the effect of revamping the justice system because some people didn't agree with the verdict.

Opinion: What really went wrong in the Zimmerman trial - CNN.com
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links