Nice rational article, thought I'd share

This is a discussion on Nice rational article, thought I'd share within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thoughtfully layed out which is a change. Why Gun Owners Are Right to Fight Against Gun Control - Reason.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Nice rational article, thought I'd share

Thoughtfully layed out which is a change.

Why Gun Owners Are Right to Fight Against Gun Control - Reason.com

Good article. For once I read an article about guns that wasnt in a gun magizine that didnt blow my blood pressure out of sight.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    That is the truth. We need to stop letting them get away with using the word "compromise". I have been saying that for a long time. Compromise means both sides give something. That is NOT what they keep talking about.
    Walk softly ...

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Good article.

The author is right: compromise requires concessions by both sides, and gun control is always a one-sided endeavor. However, I don't think any concessions should be made by us. The right to keep and bear arms is a Constitutional right and should not be eroded a bit. Step by step they are taking away our ability to defend ourselves from threats on the street and threats in legislatures and capital buildings.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array Warrior1256's Avatar
    I couldn't agree more! I've said for decades that you have to fight ALL attempts at gun control tooth and nail. Anytime that you simply give in the antis are back immediately for more. However, if you fight them hard on something, even if they win, they have to regroup and resupply and they don't come back for awhile. ALWAYS FIGHT ANY ATTEMPT AT GUN CONTROL, NEVER CONCEDE ANYTHING!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    That is the truth. We need to stop letting them get away with using the word "compromise". I have been saying that for a long time. Compromise means both sides give something. That is NOT what they keep talking about.
    The other word or words to guard against are "reasonable" and "common sense." Spoken by anti-gun zealots or elected officials to describe new gun laws, neither term is faithful to its meaning.
    BigStick likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Links