Pelosi: Congress Must Uphold Oath to Constitution by Passing Gun Control

This is a discussion on Pelosi: Congress Must Uphold Oath to Constitution by Passing Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know, I know, I KNOW ... not enough face palms in the WORLD for this stupidity, just proves they have no idea what protecting ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Pelosi: Congress Must Uphold Oath to Constitution by Passing Gun Control

I know, I know, I KNOW ... not enough face palms in the WORLD for this stupidity, just proves they have no idea what protecting and defending the constitution really means.

Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D – Calif.) cited her oath to "protect and defend" the U.S. Constitution as the reason Congress should enact harsher gun control measures.

In a press release marking the one-year anniversary of the Aurora, Colorado shootings, the former Speaker of the House said: "In Congress, there can be no more fitting memorial to the lives lost in Aurora, in Newtown, and across the country than a concerted effort to enact commonsense gun safety legislation."
    Pelosi: Congress Must Uphold Oath to ?Protect and Defend? Constitution... by Passing Gun Control | CNS News
    Kennydale likes this.
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

I don't even...
    dcdalton likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    And, again, why is she still in office? Oh, yea, most of Cali/San Fran is clueless. Note her wording and the language of liberals...gun safety. What rational/commonsense person could argue with more gun safety? Well those of us that see through the verbal garbage and call it what it is...gun control! We will not be fooled by "gun safety".
    The Old Anglo, JDE101 and airslot like this.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

She could start upholding her oath by retiring.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    The oath that Rep. Pelosi took when she was sworn into office at the beginning of the 113th Congress reads: “I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. [So help me God.]”
    Obviously Queen pelosi has no clue as to what she swore to uphold.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    And, again, why is she still in office? Oh, yea, most of Cali/San Fran is clueless. Note her wording and the language of liberals...gun safety. What rational/commonsense person could argue with more gun safety? Well those of us that see through the verbal garbage and call it what it is...gun control! We will not be fooled by "gun safety".
    Therein lies the problem; she is neither rational nor sensible.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    The purpose of the Bill of Rights, including the Second Amendment, is a clear message to the "common sense" of America's representatives.
    "We must uphold our oath to ‘protect and defend’ the constitution and all Americans by expanding background checks and keeping dangerous firearms out of the wrong hands.”
    Besides bad speech writing, much less common sense, it is a violation of the part of the oath about, "without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter."
    “If Pelosi really wants to apply the lessons from Aurora, Colorado in order to save lives,” Pratt said, “she will work to repeal gun laws that discourage good people from carrying firearms.”
    Why I'm a proud member of GOA (where I am able to protect myself and my property). If you need help making sense of that, remember that I'm residing in L.A.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Interesting. I just went to her website to send her an email, and due to a zip code validation error I am not able to send her an email ... I don't live in the district she represents.

So ..... since she only represents the people of her district, then she needs to confine her comments to the people of her district and not to the representatives of all the other districts in the US, in fact confine her comments such that no other person in the US has to listen to her. She won't talk to me unless she represents me, then she shouldn't be allowed to talk to people that others represent. Seems fair.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

It must be hard for her to living in her little bubble of stupid.
    The Old Anglo and Arborigine like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Nancy Pelosi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Nancy Pelosi is from Maryland and comes from a political family from Maryland . I think that would explain most of her position . This woman is the only woman that actually scares me . And i don't scare easy . Her views and her prune face i think she needs a good poop .
    The Old Anglo and NONAME762 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

D - Cali. explains enough.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    I have to agree with her on this, we should have some common sense gun safety legislation. To do that we could take some of that money that is being wasted in government, give it to the NRA, National Shooting Sports Organization, and others, so that they can teach gun safety classes free to those people that can't afford them. Also assist lower income people get their CCW so they can protect themselves also.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    "Today I will uphold my vow to diet by eating three large pizzas and downing 6 liters of Coke."

Makes about as much sense.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Absolutely the worst administration in the history of the world and the main article of this thread is proof. What makes it so sad is she's not alone in her way of thinking. They're forcing an issue inconsistent with the values of our foundation and I really don't want to think of the day that their interpretation of the Constitution and ours are involved in what would be considered the mother of all collisions. My advice to you Madame Pelosi, would be to read it, (if you have not already done so) and please have an open mind as to what you believe the Second Amendment is for.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Pelosi. one word worthless.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links