Defensive Carry banner

Gun makers to appeal ruling that allows gun lawsuit to continue

810 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
I saw this and thought wow.

http://www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5732691

Gun makers to appeal ruling that allows gun lawsuit to continue

Nov 27, 2006 11:04 AM EST

Indianapolis - Gun manufacturers are appealing a Lake County judge's ruling that declared unconstitutional a year-old federal law shielding gun makers from lawsuits.

The judge's ruling allows the city of Gary's lawsuit to continue against 16 gun makers and six northern Indiana gun dealers. Attorneys for gun companies filed initial paperwork last week for an appeal.

The city's lawsuit alleges manufacturers and gun dealers sold handguns they knew would end up in criminals' hands. Gun manufacturers had sought to have the case dismissed under a law passed by Congress in 2005.

The law grants the industry broad protections from municipalities and victims seeking damages for gun violence.

(Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

See less See more
#2 ·
The gun manufacturers?! Right.... because the idiots that shoot other people couldn't ever be held responsible for their own actions. Obviously the gun companies are to blame.

Man I thought this was over and done with. Hearing things like this makes my blood pressure rise.

#4 ·
Why is it Liberal Judges routinely ignore the written law finding protections never written into the COTUS while at the same time are completely incapable of reading and comprehending the 2A?

This decision will fall quickly when it hits the IN Supreme Court. The Judge is panderring to the city of Gary and the liberal agenda present there. The rest of IN is not in the shadow of Chicago and Daly.

#5 ·
I Am Sick...

of judges making the laws...

Time to get rid of a few judges...

OMO

ret:urla9ub:

#6 ·
Yeah - saw this and thought too - it was done and dusted.

Sheesh - how much can stuff get dug up for going over, again :rolleyes:

Hey judges - in case you didn't know - the gun and its manufacturer have zero bearing on the use to which it is put

And so craziness is perpetuated - on and freakin on ....... :mad:

#7 ·
Gary has always been that way. Come to think of it the Indiana permit is not honored in "east Chicago" still in Indiana. Gary has always blamed others form their violence problems. Gray is like Washington D.C. in many ways. Watch as south bend heads the same way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.