Federal Law Enforcement Hampered by California Gun Laws

This is a discussion on Federal Law Enforcement Hampered by California Gun Laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; California firearm aficionados feel their pain: California Attorney General to Fed Agents: No Dangerous Handguns For You...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By msgt/ret
  • 2 Post By high pockets

Thread: Federal Law Enforcement Hampered by California Gun Laws

Federal Law Enforcement Hampered by California Gun Laws

California firearm aficionados feel their pain: California Attorney General to Fed Agents: No Dangerous Handguns For You

2. Remove Ads

Kind of like the way the recent NY "SAFE" act didn't exclude LEO from the 7 round limit!

Maybe CA wrote that law just the way they meant it - don't want no steenkin' feds getting too well armed in the state.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    All Law Enforcement personnel should be subjected to the same restrictions as us mere mortals.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

California citizens are just as frustrated as federal law enforcement officers with the situation.
    As they both should be.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

If they think that I'm going to feel sorry for them they have another thing coming. Rest assured, a little addition here, erase a comma there and voila! All government agencies will be able to have the <laughable> "dangerous" weapons. It will never stop, they will continue to do whatever they please working diligently to make me a criminal by infringing on our rights. I'm just going to stop there and leave it at that.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Holder will rule that California laws do not apply to Federal Agents...except those that have spoken against him.
    nechaev and msgt/ret like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

...the gun laws haven't stopped the Feds before...what's different this time?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    CA has no authority over the Feds. The Feds might have to shop out of state, but CA can't prohibit their possession.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Private sales are still exempt. That LCP is going to turn into gold?
    Cal DOJ's gun roster site says "Effective January 1, 2001, no handgun may be manufactured within California, imported into California for sale, lent, given, kept for sale, or offered/exposed for sale unless that handgun model has passed firing, safety, and drop tests and is certified for sale in California by the Department of Justice. Private party transfers, curio/relic handguns, certain single-action revolvers, and pawn/consignment returns are exempt from this requirement."
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    i have to laugh at this. maybe this will smack them in the face and wake them up. there are gonna be alot of riots if they make exceptions for LEOs and not for the people. they must realize how stupid they are being with all of this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Quote Originally Posted by squid86 View Post
    i have to laugh at this. maybe this will smack them in the face and wake them up. there are gonna be alot of riots if they make exceptions for LEOs and not for the people. they must realize how stupid they are being with all of this.
    Riots? Law abiding folks don't tend to riot.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Oh, what a shame.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Naww, I wouldn't stoop to the level of rioting. However, I would follow through with adoption papers if any of you have ever thought of adopting a Californian.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Naww, I wouldn't stoop to the level of rioting. However, I would follow through with adoption papers if any of you have ever thought of adopting a Californian.
    Nope, I already have enough mouths to feed...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    I can see this being enforced on personal weapons they buy, but duty weapons purchased and issued by the department they work for won't be effected. They will just purchase them in another state and thumb their noses at the CA AG.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links