Legalities & Ramifications..

This is a discussion on Legalities & Ramifications.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So recently I had to move due to a heated argument I had with my Dad with whom I was living with for the time ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Legalities & Ramifications..

Question Legalities & Ramifications..

So recently I had to move due to a heated argument I had with my Dad with whom I was living with for the time being, Now I'm currently living with my mother & her boyfriend & unfortunately she seems to have a some sort of a criminal record yet she has never done any time for her convictions it's still a concern for me as I would bringing my Firearm into the household so I would like to know the legalities of the situation & if there would be any negative ramifications if I were forced to drawn my firearm in a home defensive situation. As of now I have no means of protecting myself when I leave to go about my business or what have you, let alone a way to defend myself with in the confines of my home. I feel really uncomfortable & of naked now not having any way of being able to effectively defend myself let alone my family. :/

2. Remove Ads

My understanding is that if you keep the firearm secured (locked or on your person) so she has no access to it, you are fine. That is assuming her record makes her a prohibited person.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Yes that's exactly what I figured but I'm not a 100% certain so, I'm going to look into this further I might even conduct a background check on her. :/ But I want to be sure that I am legal to have my firearm within the same dwelling as my mother I do not want any repercussions from this. Hopefully I'll be able to find some answers here.

I believe your mom is the one who would be in trouble, not you. (As long as you aren't doing anything else illegal)

Yes that's what I thought, I couldn't see myself the one facing the repercussions of this situation. Now you said as long "as you're not doing anything ELSE illegal" well I'm not doing anything illegal to begin with so I assume that was a typo on you're part (91wm6) next time use the correct terminologies & make sure you're using them in the correct context. :p

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    You need better legal advice than you can get here.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    You need better legal advice than you can get here.
    Yes I'm quite aware of this, I'm considering contacting a attorney if I can't get any sound advice here.

Administrator
    If your Mom is considered to be a prohibited person and she owns that home - there may a situation where no firearms or even just ammunition are permitted to be at that address - so you will need to do some serious research on that since I do not have a qualified answer for you.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    If your Mom is considered to be a prohibited person and she owns that home - there may a situation where no firearms or even just ammunition are permitted to be at that address - so you will need to do some serious research on that since I do not have a qualified answer for you.
    Right hopefully she's not, now as far as the residence goes she & her boyfriend lease a apartment jointly of course. I plan on researching this extensively until I can come across a definite answer.

It sounds like you're not even sure of your mom's charges (mentioning doing a background check on her). That makes it a bit more difficult to answer your question.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Find a different place to live.
    Oldpsufan likes this.

2 thoughts come to mind. Get a job (or a better one) and get your own place or with roomates without issues. I know it is tough living on your own (mostly expensive) but you will find a way to make it work.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Well that's not entirely true as the charges she's been dealt don't seem to be that serious from my perspective, but I'm not entirely sure the severity of them. So I would rather have a better understanding & or insight to the specific charges by conducting a background check.

Right exactly I plan on doing so but I have to work with what I have at the moment now, being on a fixed income doesn't help all that much either. Yet while I am here I do want to be able to protect myself with inside the confines of my current home as well as outside of it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The best way to get out of a bad situation is to get out of the bad situation.

Move.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links