In the Discussion of Gun Control - These are the facts you need to be armed with!

In the Discussion of Gun Control - These are the facts you need to be armed with!

This is a discussion on In the Discussion of Gun Control - These are the facts you need to be armed with! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; INFOGRAPHIC: Gun Crimes Plummet Even As Gun Sales Rise | NSSF Blog An armed society is a Polite Society!...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By onacoma

Thread: In the Discussion of Gun Control - These are the facts you need to be armed with!

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post

Yes, those are facts of which we should be aware... But in discussing gun control with a fellow gun rights advocate, this is preaching to the choir.

In discussing gun control with a rabid anti, you cannot quote the source of the information... The NSSF is an "evil gun lobby" which skews its information to make guns look like the good things they are not. Guns are evil. Period. If there were no guns there would be NO gun deaths, if there were no guns there would be NO gun crime, AND most importantly, if there were NO GUNS, Trayvon Martin would still be ALIVE! Don't you get it guns are the cause of all the problems!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

As with any hot issue, you've got people on both sides that are so polarized/passionate about their view that they are incapable of acknowledging any point, even rational ones, that someone else might have. There are those in the middle though that can be swayed by the facts. Thanks for posting this! I will be linking it to my facebook in a few minutes.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Yes, those are facts of which we should be aware... But in discussing gun control with a fellow gun rights advocate, this is preaching to the choir.

In discussing gun control with a rabid anti, you cannot quote the source of the information... The NSSF is an "evil gun lobby" which skews its information to make guns look like the good things they are not. Guns are evil. Period. If there were no guns there would be NO gun deaths, if there were no guns there would be NO gun crime, AND most importantly, if there were NO GUNS, Trayvon Martin would still be ALIVE! Don't you get it guns are the cause of all the problems!
    You're correct in that the "People with their minds made up and do not confuse me with the facts!" will not listen, but there are those who I meet daily who have not formed an opinion. Those are the ones to address with the Facts and educate them as to their rights and why they need to understand the issue.

As a note I've have help 4 California government employees who were former non-2nd amendment, not LEOs, whom have taken up arms once they understand the issues. These four ladies are now "preaching" and working on more to take up arms with the proper training. If we don't try to educate the masses we've failed and we might as well turn in our firearms as the Teacher's union is does a better job of dumbing them down!
    oakchas likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Just don't try to use that trying to prove that "guns prevent crime". All it does it proves that guns don't cause crime.

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    You're correct in that the "People with their minds made up and do not confuse me with the facts!" will not listen, but there are those who I meet daily who have not formed an opinion. Those are the ones to address with the Facts and educate them as to their rights and why they need to understand the issue.

As a note I've have help 4 California government employees who were former non-2nd amendment, not LEOs, whom have taken up arms once they understand the issues. These four ladies are now "preaching" and working on more to take up arms with the proper training. If we don't try to educate the masses we've failed and we might as well turn in our firearms as the Teacher's union is does a better job of dumbing them down!

You are right of course.. And it's something I've been saying all along... We must have dialogue with those who lean toward the anti side... and especially have those discussions in front of the antis that fed them their lines. It can plant seeds of doubt even in the staunch anti, if done correctly... and while you may not win over the anti... you certainly can make him or her go back for more "indoctrination" re-education if you will.

The only thing I am cautioning against is using numbers published by anyone who can be remotely associated with the "Evil gun lobby." And, we need to make the appeal with facts and with emotions... just like the antis do.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

In discussing gun control with a rabid anti, you cannot quote the source of the information... The NSSF is an "evil gun lobby" which skews its information to make guns look like the good things they are not.
    When considering the location of NSSF's headquarters one must consider NSSF a prime target for anti-gunners. I am sure that a surveillance camera outside their headquarters would present some interesting video since 12/14/2012
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Links