Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071

This is a discussion on Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Those who know the problems with PA's licensing can surely understand the reasons behind this bill. Not sure how much traction it will get and ...

Thread: Another bill aimed at changing Pa licensing (good) - SB1071

Those who know the problems with PA's licensing can surely understand the reasons behind this bill. Not sure how much traction it will get and Philly will fight it tooth and nail.

Proposed Pennsylvania Gun Law SB1071 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

The bill will face tough resistance from Philly and other cities/counties controlled by the left as they will say, perhaps correctly, that the bill attempts to usurp the power of local authorities by allowing a sheriff in a contiguous county to, in effect, overrule the sheriff of the county of residence. The only ones who would seem to have a defensible argument would be those who live in one county but work in another. I could see a better chance of letting people who fit that description apply in either county. Nonetheless, for all of you, I hope it passes.

Pa HB1683, introduced the Monday is the house companion bill to SB1071 ... adding language to licensing laws to allow people to apply for a LTCF in a neighboring county:

Proposed Pennsylvania Gun Law HB1683 - American Gun Owners Alliance
    An Informed Gun Owner Is An Anti-Gunners Worst Nightmare - Stay Informed @ American Gun Owners Alliance

RKM
    Ahh yes. This would make this much easier. The Cumberland county court house feels like it's worlds away from where I live (in Cumberland county). I work in the next county and drive right past it's court house everyday, it's only like 10 minutes away. My counties court house is half hour away and not easy to get to on a work day. I'm annoyed that they won't provide a renewal through the mail. I'm not sure if this is state or just my county.

Links